Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers - shopping around

vCash
    We will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    speakin' of QBs; Y'all dig on this:

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....
    I guess that is just for one year too. My days of caring anything about 'college' football is pretty much over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Once again, y’all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y’all are in panic mode. Why don’t y’all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted…

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear… Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it’s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it…
    Will is being pursued by an SEC school

vCash
    Do y'all really think we have the fan base to compete with our general competition financially? We will probably lose at least a couple every year to this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I guess that is just for one year too. My days of caring anything about 'college' football is pretty much over.
    Yep, I'm less emotionally attached to college football and MSU football than ever. Would certainly like to see us at least competitive but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other at this point. I just feel like with college I'm watching the Jr. NFL now and if I'm just going to watch professionals who are only in it for the money then I might as well just spend more time watching the actual NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Which one? Vandy, mizzou, maybe auburn... don't see him fitting anywhere else with USCe getting their guy back and Kentucky got a much better qb in portal

vCash
    OM supposedly after Howard. Maybe we should be letting dart know we might be needing his services if will leaves
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-14-2023 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    speakin' of QBs; Y'all dig on this:

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....
    I remember when y'all only had to pay $150k for a D lineman.

vCash
    No he is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Which one? Vandy, mizzou, maybe auburn... don't see him fitting anywhere else with USCe getting their guy back and Kentucky got a much better qb in portal
    Auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    No he is not.
    Ok

vCash
    Auburn
    That seems like a spite move by them. Freeze had qbs capable of moving the chains on the ground when he was at OM and throwing the hr ball.

Rogers grew up an OM fan, so he could be a big freeze fan.

vCash
    Auburn? For QB or clipboard holder?
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 01-14-2023 at 09:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Auburn? For QB or clipboard holder?
    He wouldn't go to hold a clip board and for the NIL deal that's been thrown out, that's not what they intend either.

vCash
    Again, just let this play out. He turned down offer before and hopefully he will this time as well.

vCash
    Can't see Will making this move.

vCash
    He wouldn't go to hold a clip board and for the NIL deal that's been thrown out, that's not what they intend either.
    Freeze as a HC hasn't had a team where the qb ram less than 100 times in a season. Unless they think they can keep ashford for running to rotate in, this would mean freeze is totally changing his offense.

To me it seems they see an opportunity to buy a win by leaving us with no qb. Not a bad strategy actually

vCash
    Auburn
    So Freeze is changing to a slow down offense with 5-yard passes with a QB who in 3 years hasn't shown he can move/run (in fact he's proved the opposite), get rid of a ball quickly or throw it down the field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Freeze as a HC hasn't had a team where the qb ram less than 100 times in a season. Unless they think they can keep ashford for running to rotate in, this would mean freeze is totally changing his offense.

To me it seems they see an opportunity to buy a win by leaving us with no qb. Not a bad strategy actually
    Montgomery is the OC and doesn't utilize running QB's much and in multiple seasons no running at all. They can scheme away from it even blending the 2 systems.

vCash
    Montgomery is the OC and doesn't utilize running QB's much and in multiple seasons no running at all. They can scheme away from it even blending the 2 systems.
    Freeze is giving up his offense that made him successful? Color me skeptical