Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers - shopping around

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just give up trying to explain it. I have.
    When you're right you're right.

vCash
    LOL....... These guys talking about 50K. Yall are short some zeros.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/flori...es-controversy
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He is not actively looking and never was. He wants to be here. There are some schools one really big one that has came to him. He loves this program
    If he has a good offer, he certainly needs to consider it. He needs to do what's best for him and his future. I'm a second-generation bulldog married to the same, and we are long-time season ticket holders, if my son was in Will's situation and got a very strong offer from the barn, Ole Miss, Bama, etc., I'd advise him to consider.

Just to be clear, I personally don't believe Will is getting strong offers. I base this solely on watching him play every game for the past three years and understanding what most successful college offenses are doing. It seems that most sought-after QBs these days can throw the ball downfield and put pressure on the D with the threat of running. Will is a game manager, ball control QB who protects the football and makes good mostly good decisions.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Keep it in the air raid tree. And Barbay may do that. We better. But it is a fact kids were told it wouldn?t be a total rebuild
    Oh okay. That makes sense. Would explain why some of these guys are having second thoughts.

vCash
    Again the best policy is dont open your mouth if you really dont know. Will is a dawg. He wants to be a dawg. I would hope he gets a lot of support to stay. I will be absolutely shocked if he leaves.

He has done a lot and never asked for credit for any of it. Hes not perfect either for the record. Its a crying shame there is even discussion about this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Negative ghost rider, money is money (unless he gives a hometown discount). If Will gets offered $100k by the barn, we should not match it, that money is much, much better spent elsewhere. Now if Will is offered $50k, but will stay in Starkvegas for $25k, that may be worth it. Will is a system QB (not that there is anything wrong with that), but he has some serious flaws, google any list of top college QBs for 2022 and his name "will" (pun intended) not be high on many lists, in spite of breaking records. If we ran Woody Marks 40 times per game and he averaged 5 yards/carry, he'd break records too. Will was not the reason for our success in 2022.
    You are so far removed from reality on this that you should probably quit posting on this subject for a minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post

I don't believe he was offered 13 million. Not for a second. But there are obviously some big deals out there.

vCash
    Again the best policy is dont open your mouth if you really dont know. Will is a dawg. He wants to be a dawg. I would hope he gets a lot of support to stay. I will be absolutely shocked if he leaves.

He has done a lot and never asked for credit for any of it. Hes not perfect either for the record. Its a crying shame there is even discussion about this
    I got to agree with you on this. I don't blame him if he leaves at this point with all the hate

vCash

I agree and when it was first posted in another thread last night I said to let it be. We knew what was going to happen once the smoke started though. He has been a great ambassador for State.

vCash

In this situation, we are referring to the NIL value of a certain player, not values of highly sought-after players. If Arch Manning wanted $10mil, he'd probably get it, but the QB at UAB (i have no idea who that is, just using it as an example) may not even get a Big Mac. You have to use your critical thinking skills, plus those figures are likely significantly inflated.

vCash
    He is not actively looking and never was. He wants to be here. There are some schools one really big one that has came to him. He loves this program

But the staff did tell some kids they were going to keep the offense in the family
    How does a school "come to you" if you are not in the portal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Lol. I wouldn't do that deal. You better throw in some more players or a lot of cash.
    You wouldn't do the deal straight up if it were available? I think Ashford ceiling is way higher than will.

vCash
    I agree, he has shown flashes. Just pointing out the first game he went 8-25 w 3 ints and we had to face 8 in the box our fans would be bitching about him like the do Will. Just different reason. And no Will isn't perfect. Not close. But we could be way worse off. That's all.
    Fair point. Our fans will gripe about anything that's for sure!

vCash
    I'm not a Will Rogers fan. I think he's average at best. But him leaving wouldn't be good. 2 weeks ago? Sure. But all of our backups are gone. We have 2 scholarship QBs including him.

And despite the hate I give him, he is experienced despite his physical limitations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Once again, y?all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y?all are in panic mode. Why don?t y?all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted?

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear? Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it?s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it?
    It's a handful of wow is me pansies and a few new posters. They all somehow know exactly what the offense is going to look like next season. Hell, they can go ahead and tell you the plays we're going to run on our first drive. It's awesome.
    I can't wait to see us come out the gate running something similar to what we ran this year just to watch the next chapter of the melt. People have lost their ability to process shit rationally.

vCash
    Here's the deal- it's way easier to retain players than buy players out of the portal. The cost is cheaper. We can't get in a bidding war for a replacement of the quality of Will. That's the point.
    Ding ding ding. That's why our strategy has been to retain than buy new guys.

vCash
    How does a school "come to you" if you are not in the portal?
    You know how

vCash
    Did someone actually suggest trading Will for Robbie Ashford? LOL! You really don?t know anything about Barbay?s offense huh? To even think that Ashford could succeed in Barbay?s pro style spread is comical.

vCash
    You know how
    Just say tampering.