Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tulu to the Portal

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-and-rest-time

Why is the myth that a running game can help a defense so prevalent? I suspect that a contributing factor is the conflation of pace effects (in which defenses allow fewer points if they take the field on fewer drives) with actual changes in defensive efficiency. If two teams possess the ball an equal number of times, there is nothing inherently valuable about making the other team possess the ball fewer times, because your own team will also possess the ball fewer times (unless, perhaps, an underdog is pursuing a high-variance strategy). In the end, barring defensive or special teams scores, the team with more points per drive will win, whether there are a lot of drives or few drives. But there is no evidence that time of possession helps a defense perform better when it is on the field.
    As a stat nerd myself... there are still things you can't quantify in football perfectly.

This is one. But a simple way to look at it is this. If there are fewer drives / plays in a game... then the team with a lower point per drive / play has a higher chance of winning. Variability comes into play.

vCash
    So this thread has gone off the rails.

Tulu is supposed to announce something today. Anyone hearing anything?

vCash
    I haven?t but a lot of our players on twitter seem excited about something this morning. Simply tweeting a lot of emojis. Will tweeted a cloud of dust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    Y?all are picking the fly shit out of the pepper.

Short pass or run. Same thing.

Risk is the key factory, what can be executed best is the question. That?s dependent on team strength.
    People keep saying that, but it does not equal the same thing. The only similarity is that it involves Will Rogers and the RB (Marks or Dillon).
    Other than that, you are talking handing the ball off to the guy 1 foot away from you vs throwing the ball 10-15 yards away. There's obviously more risk to putting the ball in the air. Too many bad things can happen vs handing the ball to a back.

Secondly, the blocking is totally different. A handoff behind the line of scrimmage and 6 lineman is NOT the same as throwing to a back who at most has 2 WR blocking (and most likely whiffing) in front of him and THEN asking him to make the first guy miss. How many times did Marks NOT have the guy miss his first season?

Just because the ball touches the same player's hands does not mean those plays are equal to each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Don?t be shocked if he removes his name before Jan 18
    Enjoy the weekend ,
    Bump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Tulu is going to OM and I would imagine there's one more receiver that will follow him.
    Rep
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    People keep saying that, but it does not equal the same thing. The only similarity is that it involves Will Rogers and the RB (Marks or Dillon).
    Other than that, you are talking handing the ball off to the guy 1 foot away from you vs throwing the ball 10-15 yards away. There's obviously more risk to putting the ball in the air. Too many bad things can happen vs handing the ball to a back.

Secondly, the blocking is totally different. A handoff behind the line of scrimmage and 6 lineman is NOT the same as throwing to a back who at most has 2 WR blocking (and most likely whiffing) in front of him and THEN asking him to make the first guy miss. How many times did Marks NOT have the guy miss his first season?

Just because the ball touches the same player's hands does not mean those plays are equal to each other.
    LOL!

vCash
    I'm glad to say I was completely wrong on this. I'll go ahead and tell you the other name was Justin Robinson. Some of the stuff his dad was posting on GP had me worried. And I know OM wanted him a well. They thought they had Tulu in the bag on Friday.

vCash
    I'm glad to say I was completely wrong on this. I'll go ahead and tell you the other name was Justin Robinson. Some of the stuff his dad was posting on GP had me worried. And I know OM wanted him a well. They thought they had Tulu in the bag on Friday.
    Isn't Robinson ineligible to transfer since he already did so from UGA to us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    Isn't Robinson ineligible to transfer since he already did so from UGA to us?
    Coaching change. He would have applied for a waiver and gotten it.

vCash
    Wouldn?t have mattered-we would?ve gotten the next best thing from Carrol Academy or MRA!! Gotta lock down those MS skill position kids.

vCash
    NCAA just voted last week to limit 2nd time transfers to specific extenuating circumstances. Like mental/sexual abuse etc. because the portal is out of control.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.