Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulu to the Portal

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Well, CZA is a meathead who thinks we have to run the ball and control the clock to win.
    You do know that our version of the air raid was a ball control passing attack correct?

You do also know that Barbay's offense isn't based on ball control & calls for way more explosive plays than the Leach air raid correct? Or are you just spouting off about something you seem to know nothing about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The bowl game was poor. The OC search was underwhelming (I guess he could surprise though). Moving back to the run-oriented offense that was 120 years of futility for us is a huge disappointment (and I thought he was going to be hands off on the offense?), and now we're losing our top players to the portal.

None of this will matter if we're good this fall, but I am getting some really ominous vibes about the state of our program. 2018, but with a good defense rather than an outstanding one.
    NC teams run the ball. We ain't going to run the wish bone.

What did the air raid get us? A 4-7 year one year. Yeah we don 9 last year but half the teams we beat sucked. Two plays from 500.

Yall act like the air raid made us a championship contender. Stop the stupidity.

We going to be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    With a circle like that, I just want to adopt him so he can have an existence where no one wants anything from him. Just sad.
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    You mean he?s responsible for the almost 40 ppg we averaged in wins? Or is he responsible for the 33.4 ppg we gave up in losses?
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No it?s not. Just truth. Tulu didnt even play a whole lot of WR bc he couldnt do all the little things. Sorry
    BS, what little things? We ran 5 plays? It gets no smaller than that. The route concepts were simple.

vCash
    The boys on the team are working on Tulu. Let it keep playing out.

vCash
    I don't do Twitter but my son just told me tulu removed his portal tweet. Anyone else see this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't do Twitter but my son just told me tulu removed his portal tweet. Anyone else see this?
    He has but he is still in the portal. Boys keep working on him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He has but he is still in the portal. Boys keep working on him!
    I can vouch for 3 who are working on him hard. I'm glad I don't do Twitter too, lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    BS, what little things? We ran 5 plays? It gets no smaller than that. The route concepts were simple.
    If you are who you say you are you know there is a lot more to it than that. He was so good he couldnt consistently play over RaRa and Ducking. That is all you need to know. I am not attacking the kid. His play in the egg bowl is one of the best plays in state history

vCash
    This. He is a great athlete, but he really does struggle getting in and out of routes. His footwork is sloppy. I hope he comes back because he will be a great weapon in the slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    You do know that our version of the air raid was a ball control passing attack correct?

You do also know that Barbay's offense isn't based on ball control & calls for way more explosive plays than the Leach air raid correct? Or are you just spouting off about something you seem to know nothing about?
    There are always deep options in the Air Raid on almost every play. There is a reason why it looked different with Costello against LSU than it did with Will.

We don't know at this point what Barbay is going to do here next year. Down the road- yes. Next year without TE's as of now- for me it's wait and see until we actually get some on the roster. Until then I'm expecting a lot more 3-4 WR sets which yes could change if we add tight ends but we're not going to add guys just to add them. And don't count on Antonio Harmon just switching over because we say so on a message board.

Also- don't assume that our WR's are just going to automatically start catching every deep pass just because Barbay dials it up. That's not how this works. That was an issue last year and has been for awhile which is why Leach wanted to get some WR's in the portal in the offseason. And if we don't add at least someone else legit it's going to be an issue again.

And before anyone says it getting man coverage isn't going to free up any one any more than a WR sitting all by himself in zone coverage in a spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    NC teams run the ball. We ain't going to run the wish bone.

What did the air raid get us? A 4-7 year one year. Yeah we don 9 last year but half the teams we beat sucked. Two plays from 500.

Yall act like the air raid made us a championship contender. Stop the stupidity.

We going to be fine.
    And how many 9 win seasons do we have in school history? I guarantee you I could go through all of our 9 win+ seasons which won't take long because there are less than 10 of them all time and half the schedule would be teams that sucked for every single one of them. And I could show you at least 10 seasons where we didn't beat all of the teams that sucked. So at worst the Air Raid was no worse than running it up the gut with the QB and probably gave us a much higher ceiling since we were only in year three and never got to year four and five with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If you are who you say you are you know there is a lot more to it than that. He was so good he couldnt consistently play over RaRa and Ducking. That is all you need to know. I am not attacking the kid. His play in the egg bowl is one of the best plays in state history
    I know there's more. However, the Leach air raid was not a conventional route tree or offensive strategy. Rafa is SEC legitimate imo. Ducking wasn't used properly imo. I too think the kid can play and it hurts if we lose him especially now with an offense that would utilize his big play ability.

vCash

Yeah. That?s why Jim McElwain has had such an impact on offense at every level. Everyone wants to use his concepts. It is such a genius move to hire one of his prot?g?s. Nobody wants a Leach protege. Everyone wants a McElwain guy though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Will can't run an RPO offense that doesn't require a running qb?

He did that in high school....

Sick of uninformed/ignorant narratives
    Yes bc HS is the same as the SEC.
    I love will and all he's done for us. But he cannot stretch the field vertically. He has the weakest arm in the sec

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There are always deep options in the Air Raid on almost every play. There is a reason why it looked different with Costello against LSU than it did with Will.

We don't know at this point what Barbay is going to do here next year. Down the road- yes. Next year without TE's as of now- for me it's wait and see until we actually get some on the roster. Until then I'm expecting a lot more 3-4 WR sets which yes could change if we add tight ends but we're not going to add guys just to add them. And don't count on Antonio Harmon just switching over because we say so on a message board.

Also- don't assume that our WR's are just going to automatically start catching every deep pass just because Barbay dials it up. That's not how this works. That was an issue last year and has been for awhile which is why Leach wanted to get some WR's in the portal in the offseason. And if we don't add at least someone else legit it's going to be an issue again.

And before anyone says it getting man coverage isn't going to free up any one any more than a WR sitting all by himself in zone coverage in a spot.

Actually we don't know any of that. I think he wanted to pass more at App State but the HC wanted more run plays. I think he will use whatever the defense will give us whether it be passing or running. I think he wants to use whatever offensive strategy play calling that will score points. I think but I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    okay I get this to an extent, but acting like a $10 recurring monthly donation is taking food out of your families mouth is a stretch. If you fundamentally don't support it, then whatever. But $10 a month is not financially ruining anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Then **** off and don?t bitch when we lose a player because of money. You?re the type of bitch that?s what?s wrong with our fan base.
    2 things 1) top post? I would much rather give 10$ a month for a smoothie that I will shit out in 8 hours then to give to a bunch of kids that are entitled. They are pretending to be pros right now because this broken system enables them to act this way.

2) bottom post? your post is one of the most juvenile posts that I have every seen. Grow up and get a life, fandom is one thing but being a fanatic about a team or players who couldn?t give two shits about you is another. I personally could not care any less if OM takes every player that is willing to defile their own character and word for a pay bump.

vCash

To sum it up. He doesn't care. He wanted an offense exactly like we had which wasn't going to happen no matter who we hired as our OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I can vouch for 3 who are working on him hard. I'm glad I don't do Twitter too, lol!
    Two extremes. Some players working hard to keep him and some idiots on message boards and twitter posting good riddance.