Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulu to the Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Olemiss people care more, probably too much.
    This new AD has got to get to work on this immediately. You can?t tell me ole miss has more than double the money we have

We aren?t using the money we have is our problem.

vCash
    Some of you are acting like Barbary's offense never throws. It's 60/40. They averaged 30 pass attempts a game this year, and the year before at CMU they averaged 35. That's plenty of opportunity for him to get (checks stats) his 3 damn catches a game. This ain't about scheme or OC - it's straight up tampering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    This new AD has got to get to work on this immediately. You can?t tell me ole miss has more than double the money we have

Do we really have the resources though or is it there and not being used? We've always had one of the lowest budgets in the conference.

vCash
    I thought Tulu was out there recruiting for us?

Hmmmm, seems like something must've happened. Wanna bet he ends up in Tuscaloosa or at that other school up the road?

And Arnett loses his most dynamic offensive player.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Yep. We are going to run the ball 65% of the time and still get Tulu, Zavion, Justin, Rufus, and Jaden the ball a lot. Just have to figure out how they get touches on 20 passes per game.
    He'll throw it at least 35 times a game next year. Maybe 40 with the personal we have. This is not the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Do we really have the resources though or is it there and not being used? We've always had one of the lowest budgets in the conference.
    We do have one of the lowest. Problem is I would understand losing players to Alabama , Georgia , auburn , Florida, lsu , Tennessee etc

But ole miss also has one of the lowest budgets in the sec .

vCash
    I?m not arguing that we have a lot of money , I?m arguing that ole miss doesn?t have the amount of money to outbid us on stuff we want.

So there something up

Alabama has the money to outbid us for anything but ole miss doesn?t .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Not important enough for me to pay players.
    Amen Brother

Yep, the hand basket is almost full and on the way and they want you to out bid someone for football players so you can watch them play a game. Then bid again for the same players next year.

Sing it, Mr. Holly

vCash
    We had no AD for over two months while tragically losing a head coach and replacing him with a 1st time head coach with a defensive background that took a while to hire a relatively unknown OC that runs a different offense. That is a recipe for losing players - especially on the offensive side.
    Selmon doesn't have a ton of experience but hopefully his background and pedigree help him get this shit settled quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Olemiss people care more, probably too much.
    THIS^ people, is the correct answer...

"It" has always been about how much the supporters of a program "cares"...

/thread
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

I have a sinking feeling it's A LOT more that double, tbh.

vCash
    We're ****ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I thought Tulu was out there recruiting for us?

Hmmmm, seems like something must've happened. Wanna bet he ends up in Tuscaloosa or at that other school up the road?

And Arnett loses his most dynamic offensive player.
    He was told we were going to continue with the air raid....he likes the air raid.... we made a change and so did he based on our decision.... it is what it is... there will be more coming soon to I'd imagine...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We had no AD for over two months while tragically losing a head coach and replacing him with a 1st time head coach with a defensive background that took a while to hire a relatively unknown OC that runs a different offense. That is a recipe for losing players - especially on the offensive side.
    Selmon doesn't have a ton of experience but hopefully his background and pedigree help him get this shit settled quickly.
    Thank you for a some common sense (rational ) perspective-post.

This was never going to be easy or smooth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's jockeying for more money. He's playing the game.
    This is absolutely destroying my interested. If players are getting paid, then they need to sign contracts. If they leave, pay the balance that years contract money back.

vCash
    He?s going to be very excited to touch the football 2 to 3 times a game in this new offense.
    Everybody should know you wanted us to run a 100% AR offense, which wasn't going to happen no matter who we hired as OC. If Tulu does decide to come back, he should touch the ball both running and catching passes a bunch.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-13-2023 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Without run oriented lineman. I think that 2025 HC Hot Board can go ahead and start a year early.
    I seem to remember that we gained more on running plays in the bowl game than passing.

vCash
    Yep. We are going to run the ball 65% of the time and still get Tulu, Zavion, Justin, Rufus, and Jaden the ball a lot. Just have to figure out how they get touches on 20 passes per game.
    You don't have a clue what he is going to do. He actually wanted to pass the ball at App State more, but apparently the HC wanted more running plays. He can adapt to the players he has too. Running the ball 65% is BS. You can have a running and passing attack both and use whichever one the defense gives you.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-13-2023 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Some of y'all owe 34 an apology lol
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Some of y'all owe 34 an apology lol
    For what?