Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulu to the Portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nice pull. What does that mean for dart? If I were auburn, I'd be trying to get him
    If he commits to OM then we need to put feelers out to Dart. He would be electric in this new offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Over rated
    I hope you are right, the LSU folks down here were pumped when they got him. They figured he would be a monster for them. I don't know about him other than I was told he was going to TCU which is why TCU bailed on Sawyer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If he commits to OM then we need to put feelers out to Dart. He would be electric in this new offense.
    I take Rogers over Dart all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That would be very debatable. Dart is better in passer rating, QBR, and rushing. In our old offense, will would certainly be better, but in our new? I don't know

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Why donate when anyone can take the money for the next 3-4 months and just get a new deal somewhere else and not have to return the money.

Seems like all funds should be returned if someone transfers, plus interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Why donate when anyone can take the money for the next 3-4 months and just get a new deal somewhere else and not have to return the money.

Seems like all funds should be returned if someone transfers, plus interest.
    If you're gonna spend, I think it makes more sense to spend on a transfer. As long as they make you sit on 2nd transfer, this seems to be the best investment

vCash
    If you're gonna spend, I think it makes more sense to spend on a transfer. As long as they make you sit on 2nd transfer, this seems to be the best investment
    No doubt. Maybe that?s one reason Kiffin is strong in the portal. If guys have multiple years to play, they are more locked in for the long haul because they don?t want to sit a year.

Other thing to consider, players in the portal may cost more than just maintaining your own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    I say run when the alignment of the defense dictates that we run. Running for the sake of running is stupid. I like leaving that decision up to Will Rogers.

Anyway, the air raid got the ball into the hands of the running backs a lot. Why is it so important that the QB only hand it to them ?
    More often than not, a run play is a wasted play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Let me guess. You have been hoping that we would dump the air raid for a pro style offense that needs elite talent to be successful. Because that?s what we hired.
    What pro teams run out of the pistol 99% of the time? Are you watching the CFL *

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    No doubt. Maybe that?s one reason Kiffin is strong in the portal. If guys have multiple years to play, they are more locked in for the long haul because they don?t want to sit a year.

Other thing to consider, players in the portal may cost more than just maintaining your own.
    He also runs a shit program that allows the players to run ruff shod over the managers and other personnel on the field. He had several just quit and refuse to listen to him over this issue. He's pure garbage as a person and is only worried about himself as are the players who are simply worried about the name on the back of the jersey.

vCash
    That would be very debatable. Dart is better in passer rating, QBR, and rushing. In our old offense, will would certainly be better, but in our new? I don't know
    Based on what I've seen the new guy doesn't run the QB a lot.

vCash
    I would too. And I wouldn't be surprised if Kiffin would agree with us on that either.

vCash
    Out of the top 10 total offenses nationally, only 3 were pass heavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Based on what I've seen the new guy doesn't run the QB a lot.
    he doesn't he uses a lot of play action and really needs a game manager, which I think Will could do, i'm just not sure he wants to change so drastically.

He has been running the Air Raid type offense for almost 6 years now, counting high school. Its a big shift to start taking pistol and under center snapsl.

vCash
    If he's that good- or should I say if Kiffin thinks he is that good- why create a QB controversy unless you are 100% sure that the guy you are bringing in is better. And based on Howard's body of work I don't see how anyone can say that.

With Ole Miss it's always about the shiny new toy. Same as it is with Kiffin.

The problem is if Kiffin keeps treating his QB this way word is going to get out and it's going to hurt him in the long run. Portal QB's want to go where they can start- not have to compete.

vCash
    he doesn't he uses a lot of play action and really needs a game manager, which I think Will could do, i'm just not sure he wants to change so drastically.

He has been running the Air Raid type offense for almost 6 years now, counting high school. Its a big shift to start taking pistol and under center snapsl.
    I agree. My hope is that he transitions to whatever he wants to do slowly rather than do what usually happens- just install the whole thing and hope for the best.

It's going to be a question until September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he's that good- or should I say if Kiffin thinks he is that good- why create a QB controversy unless you are 100% sure that the guy you are bringing in is better. And based on Howard's body of work I don't see how anyone can say that.

With Ole Miss it's always about the shiny new toy. Same as it is with Kiffin.

The problem is if Kiffin keeps treating his QB this way word is going to get out and it's going to hurt him in the long run. Portal QB's want to go where they can start- not have to compete.
    I wondered the same, but apparently he will be locked in at OM now unless he wants to sit out a year. Maybe it is just to have a capable backup and replacement down the line for dart. Who knows though

vCash
    Out of the top 10 total offenses nationally, only 3 were pass heavy
    Yeah. Well when you have a lead you run the ball.

vCash
    I wondered the same, but apparently he will be locked in at OM now unless he wants to sit out a year. Maybe it is just to have a capable backup and replacement down the line for dart. Who knows though
    I'm sure he could get out of there if he gets a degree and goes the grad transfer route. Still would have to compete at least for a year though.

vCash
    This has to be top 5 worst takes I've ever seen on this site.