Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulu to the Portal

vCash
    You need to understand that OM went all in on this NIL deal. We did not. Not sure what else you need to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Losing Tulu makes keeping Zavion really important. He can replace that production.
    Maybe as a receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    You need to understand that OM went all in on this NIL deal. We did not. Not sure what else you need to know.
    If he goes there that's a very bold move on his part, and their's.

vCash
    Tulsa right?

vCash
    Heath 2.0

vCash
    Another thing that should piss people off

Our pride and joy the wonderful baseball.

The year after we finally win the national title

Ole miss gets one too.

vCash
    Isaiah Brevard to the portal from Oregon.

Possible Tulu replacement? He might like to come back to Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If Tulu was NFL talent, he would have stepped up this year and filled the gap that Polk left. He may have NFL tools - but having the talent is more about willingness to work and hone those tools. And he hasn't shown that yet.
    Step up how? Any route he runs over 10 yards vertically is ignored by the Qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    If you think I?m about to take money away from my family and give it to these money chasers who already get free school, books, food, etc., you are sadly mistaken. Money these days will only buy you loyalty for maybe a year. Then off to the next school who will pay the most. Im not going to tell others how to spend their money, especially if they have money to burn, but I for one, don?t. And secondly, won?t, when I can?t get a refund when they walk right out door.

Good post.

It's like the reason the cost of higher education has skyrocketed. The federal government threw so much money at it and the schools were happy to take it. Those that give blindly to these NIL organizations are only making the situation worse in my opinion. At some point, sanity needs to prevail and fans have to say no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This mentality will make becoming a basement program extra (Hella) fun***
    I enjoy state football as much as anyone, but if you don't think I'm gonna put my wife and kids ahead of it and have 3 years worth of food water and $ then I don't know what to tell you...the poo is flying towards the fan at light speed

vCash
    I can't say for sure The OC played no part.

That said, part of the problem is Tulu knows what our other guys got. He knows several people got more than him.
    Tulu should want to play for this PC more than any other. Jet sweeps and slot up the seam for days. Then you have the bubbles and occasional wildcat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's got a lot of people in his ear and I'm sure they're wanting to get theirs too.
    With a circle like that, I just want to adopt him so he can have an existence where no one wants anything from him. Just sad.

vCash
    I take 'all in' to mean overpaying. So it's not that we do not have the money, it's we are trying to attach an appropriate value to a player. Sound business model and let's face it, this is a business now. If someone else is willing to pay more, so be it and good luck with that decision. But the answer is not raise more funds every time this happens. If everyone does that, we'll just see rampant and never-ending inflation to these deals. We have to put a foot in the ground.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 01-14-2023 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    Ole Miss is going to be like that NFL or MLB franchise that tries to buy a championship and always ends up sucking worse than the ones that build from within.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If Tulu was NFL talent, he would have stepped up this year and filled the gap that Polk left. He may have NFL tools - but having the talent is more about willingness to work and hone those tools. And he hasn't shown that yet.
    This. Tulu is one of my favorite players but he's a lot more athlete than WR. Lot to work on and should've been in the slot where his elite quickness was his primary weapon

vCash
    Needs to happen. It's time to make the move. I like will but he can't run this system.
    Will can't run an RPO offense that doesn't require a running qb?

He did that in high school....

Sick of uninformed/ignorant narratives

vCash
    Then **** off and don?t bitch when we lose a player because of money. You?re the type of bitch that?s what?s wrong with our fan base.
    Imagine calling someone you don't know a bitch because they'd rather take care of their family than sports divas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Stop this foolishness. When has Will been a great
    Qb? Tulu is NFL caliber . All this hating on WR'S you've been doing is biased ignorance. They're playing with a pop Warner Qb.
    No it?s not. Just truth. Tulu didnt even play a whole lot of WR bc he couldnt do all the little things. Sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Will can't run an RPO offense that doesn't require a running qb?

He did that in high school....

Sick of uninformed/ignorant narratives
    Correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Imagine calling someone you don't know a bitch because they'd rather take care of their family than sports divas.
    okay I get this to an extent, but acting like a $10 recurring monthly donation is taking food out of your families mouth is a stretch. If you fundamentally don't support it, then whatever. But $10 a month is not financially ruining anyone.