Thread: Lemme axe y'all a question, r.e.: NIL endorsements...

vCash

Lemme axe y'all a question, r.e.: NIL endorsements...

It's my understanding the NIL deals are not with the schools but with businesses, as schools & "student athletes" are not allowed to contract "pay for play"...

I'm further assuming that they are 1 year deals, but have nothing upon which to base that. Clarification would be appreciated.

I just read that this Jaden Rashada kid (QB from Cali) got in a bidding war with Miami and Florida... After multiple bids, Florida flipped his commitment to Miami (which cost $9.5M) for $13M (up from $11M).

Now, the word is either the GC (Gator Collective) OR Rashada's attorney is calling the deal off... I've not been able to find anything, yet.... I have read that the Attorney has said the "GC is the most dysfunctional organization" of like kind entities...

So, my question is two part: 1) What is y'all's understanding of a "boilerplate" contract, and 2) WTF have y'all done to college FB*????

Mods, if I screwed up the flux capacitor linkages, please fix for me! edit:
    Sweet, I did a tweetyLink.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/2...orted-nil-deal
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I've been trying to explain to my 3 year old why 'lemme axe you a question' is funny for the past month. Just doesn't get it

ETA: oh, to be a lawyer right now.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Seems like if the deal was done, and he personally signed something to join the school and meet his obligation for the money, the Gaters would owe him that money, pronto.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The NFL would be a pay cut

vCash
    Insanity, money and boyz with toys is the definition of NIL.

Anybody who would put that type of money on a HS kid to play football has some seriously screwed up life priorities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I've been trying to explain to my 3 year old why 'lemme axe you a question' is funny for the past month. Just doesn't get it

ETA: oh, to be a lawyer right now.
    I guess I don't understand the humor. Of course I work offshore, surrounded by coonasses, so I've heard "let me axe you something" about 10 times a day for almost 30 years now!!!

vCash
    The proper spelling per Merriam-Webster is aks.

But my joy over the Billy Napier era there remains

vCash
    And it is querstion, not question

And it is pronounced Earl, not Oil.

I lived in Slidell for 5 years and still travel to LaaafAYeT for work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And it is querstion, not question

And it is pronounced Earl, not Oil.

I lived in Slidell for 5 years and still travel to LaaafAYeT for work.
    The city in Indiana is Lofayet.
    The county in Mississippi is La FAY Yet

vCash
    According to this article, the Gator Collective backed out because they really didn't have the money. BTW - this is a classic example (in my mind) why NIL is terrible. And he's just a 4-star. What does a 5-star cost?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/flori...es-controversy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    The proper spelling per Merriam-Webster is aks.

But my joy over the Billy Napier era there remains
    Ha. Yeah, the spelling has probably changed nowadays. Never have been a Napier fan - glad we didn't hire him. Or the other guy a lot of people wanted (he went somewhere in Tennessee, then got fired for conduct unbecoming an officer, or the equivalent).