Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So the new staff is....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dewhurst to LB, Wash to RB (still), Hughes to TE
    That's one too many isn't it? Can't have but 10 total. Well besides support staff

vCash
    I'm really concerned about Friend. The good and the bad, good first:

1) He recruited at TN very well.

2) under him Auburn ran the ball well.

3) he's got a lot of experience.

Ok, for the bad:

1) recruiting at Auburn- his first full season Auburn signed 2 OL (https://247sports.com/college/auburn...tball/commits/) his 2nd season (ie this past season) they had ONE OL commited when Friend was leg go in Dec. Signing 3 OL in 2 seasons??? That is a DISASTER waiting to happen. NO, don't give me any crap about "Well actually harskin only wanted to sign 6 OL every 4 years, so Friend had his hands tied!", nobody is that dumb. The fact is in 2 seasons Friend could not convince players to come to Auburn. And also don't give me "nobody wanted to go to Auburn with Harskin there" because they signed plenty of highly rated guys at other positions.

2) Coaching ability- At TN his lines were bad, especially in relation to his talent level. For example his last year there they had 4 5 stars and a 4 star starting with 2 4 star backups that had started before. They were 3rd worst in the league in yards per rush. The year before? they had the 3rd fewest rush ypg. TN fans were happy to see him pushed out despite the recruiting because it just wasn't translating

SO we're getting a guy who's 5 most recent seasons were in the SEC at 2 different schools. He brought in talent at one but couldn't do anything with it, and he had a good line at the other but couldn't recruit.

I don't know what to make of him. I know C34 will ignore all this and say "he's a good coach and has connections" but that "good coach" reputation was built before the most recent 5 years, and his recruiting connections didn't help him at Auburn. If he can put it all together we got a good one. But I'lll go on record saying I wished we kept Miller. He had good units, developed well, and was recruiting good. Maybe he can't teach run blocking for crap, I don't know. But to my eye he seemed pretty good
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 01-12-2023 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's one too many isn't it? Can't have but 10 total. Well besides support staff
    10 plus head coach
    You can have 11 I’m pretty sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    TE coach has to be the best job in football.
    ....If you can get it.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That might be a good thing.
    No it wouldn't
    No Signature