Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expect some WR to hit the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's false. Taking what the defense gives is a staple of all sports and long before Air Raid. You can take what defense gives you in Air Raid and run the ball. We didn't always do that with Leach either. So he went against that philosophy a good bit. You can take what the defense gives you in a run oriented attack and throw the ball. That's insane logic you are spewing.

Could careless what other coaches are doing. But by your logic Harrell is no longer air raid so he doesn't count. He ran it more than he threw this season.

Y'all just need to follow Air Raid teams if that's all you care about. It's like a cult. And I like Air Raid but I'm not obsessed that it's the only offense that can be and is successful. And Barbay designs plays to get players the ball in space as well. A lot of his attack is about that, that is not just an Air Raid concept.
    Remind me of this when we are running against 8 and 9 man boxes this fall because "we have to establish the running game".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Remind me of this when we are running against 8 and 9 man boxes this fall because "we have to establish the running game".
    What existing data on Barbay, especially prior to App State, leads you believe he's going to do this?

vCash
    Remind me how many times did we throw against 4-5 man boxes the last 3 years. It's goes both way.

How about we wait until we actual play some games and see what works before deciding every philosophy outside of Air Raid sucks. How about we do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    What existing data on Barbay, especially prior to App State, leads you believe he's going to do this?
    He's not Air Raid and throwing 70% of the time. That's all that matters to him.

vCash
    The main reason I wanted to continue sticking within the air raid is because State has been a 3 yards and a cloud of dust kind of team for really.......ever. Our biggest accomplishment aside from a National Championship we don't claim is a 10 win disappointment of a season in 2014 that as usual ran into the annual Bama roadblock. Even though we haven't challenged Bama recently I think we've always had a better shot at winning against the better teams passing vs running. I know people like to talk about how the defense carried us this year and I'll agree that in several games they did but we also had the two biggest comebacks in our history by a large margin with this kind of an offense and that doesn't happen with a run favored system. I'm willing to give this guy a shot though. I still had hope in JoMo going into year two somehow so although I think next year will be a difficult year for us I'm on the boat for the first two years at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    The main reason I wanted to continue sticking within the air raid is because State has been a 3 yards and a cloud of dust kind of team for really.......ever. Our biggest accomplishment aside from a National Championship we don't claim is a 10 win disappointment of a season in 2014 that as usual ran into the annual Bama roadblock. Even though we haven't challenged Bama recently I think we've always had a better shot at winning against the better teams passing vs running. I know people like to talk about how the defense carried us this year and I'll agree that in several games they did but we also had the two biggest comebacks in our history by a large margin with this kind of an offense and that doesn't happen with a run favored system. I'm willing to give this guy a shot though. I still had hope in JoMo going into year two somehow so although I think next year will be a difficult year for us I'm on the boat for the first two years at least.
    The idea that if you're not pass heavy then you're three yards and a cloud of dust is a false dichotomy. We haven't seen three yards and a cloud of dust since Croom when that kind of offense was going out of style; Mullen wasn't, and Moorhead didn't intend to be. Many coaches have demonstrated over the last ten to fifteen years that you can scheme a balanced offense with a lean towards the run and still have the kind of competent, explosive passing attack you need to have a chance against elite opponents, and Barbay's resume says that's exactly what he aims to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The jet sweeps and touch passes I saw them run make me happy! I can see Tulu and Zavion eating on those!
    Tulu lining up in wildcat will be fun too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Tulu lining up in wildcat will be fun too.
    I agree, tulu or price either one.

ETA I expect Barbay to use Tulu in many different ways. His resume shows he gets his best players the most touches and in different ways. Tulu could be a serious weapon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The idea that if you're not pass heavy then you're three yards and a cloud of dust is a false dichotomy. We haven't seen three yards and a cloud of dust since Croom when that kind of offense was going out of style; Mullen wasn't, and Moorhead didn't intend to be. Many coaches have demonstrated over the last ten to fifteen years that you can scheme a balanced offense with a lean towards the run and still have the kind of competent, explosive passing attack you need to have a chance against elite opponents, and Barbay's resume says that's exactly what he aims to do.
    Nah man, kiffen and heupel are 3 yards and cloud of dust. They don't throw 99% of the time

vCash

ETA I expect Barbay to use Tulu in many different ways. His resume shows he gets his best players the most touches and in different ways. Tulu could be a serious weapon.
    This is what I'm most excited about. Tulu and zavion in this offense

vCash
    Some people confuse 3 yards and a cloud of dust with running powers, traps, and leads between the Tackles. Pat White and Steve Slayton were a hellova duo running the ball and I wouldn't consider that 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Hell, Kiffin, as bad as I hate to admit it was #3 in the country in rushing yards, while in the toughest conference, and I don't consider that 3 Yards and a blah....blah.
    When Paul Johnson was at the Naval Academy and GT, that was 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 01-13-2023 at 05:11 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Nah man, kiffen and heupel are 3 yards and cloud of dust. They don't throw 99% of the time
    Heck Kiffin ran the ball 61.3% of the time this year. 3 yards and a cloud of dust!! Lol

Barbay is NOT a 3 yard pound the ball OC. Not even close

vCash

Would have been interesting for sure....

vCash
    Do not Contact tag could be good or bad.

He either has been tampered with and knows his destination, OR, didn?t plan on going anywhere and is playing the Nil Game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    Do not Contact tag could be good or bad.

He either has been tampered with and knows his destination, OR, didn?t plan on going anywhere and is playing the Nil Game.
    Or he didn't like being told we were going to continue with an air raid philosophy and then seeing us go back on that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Or he didn't like being told we were going to continue with an air raid philosophy and then seeing us go back on that...
    We never told the players we were staying Air Raid, that's just message board posters. This has absolutely 0% to do about Arnett, Barbay, Bumphis and the scheme will be running next year. Zero to do with it.

vCash
    I loved Mike especially bc of the discipline with his program along with winning 8 games this year and we would’ve won two of three with him in the egg if we could hit a wide open receiver from two yards out & not dropped two more but we couldn’t score against good defenses in his era.

But Arnett will run a tight ship too and the scheme will fit us better so I’m fired up about the OC hire.

vCash
    Now let?s convince ourselves that our quarterback recruiting and wide receiver recruiting is not going to take a significant hit with this new offense.

vCash
    Now let?s convince ourselves that our quarterback recruiting and wide receiver recruiting is not going to take a significant hit with this new offense.
    Go root for Air Raid somewhere else. And I like the air raid but good lord!! How bout this, lifetime self imposed ban that our offense next season is as good or better than this past season? If it's not, I will never post on here again. Will you agree that if it is, you will leave the board? But your money where your ignorance is.

vCash
    Well Tulu was one of the guys I wanted to keep - so hopefully this gets fixed.