Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What some of you don't get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    It goes back to the JoMo years. Not running what suited the players you had. Just a wait and see on my part
    JoMo would not have won here with a roster full of 5 stars. Too much of a laid back slacker that let the inmates run the asylum. Well suited to by an OC with a disciplined HC running the show. He was totally out of his element and in over his head as an SEC HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    When you hire a new HC, he is responsible for the W/L column ultimately. Arnette was hired to win. He wasn't hired to carry on the Leach legacy. He needs to have no excuses for failure which means you let the man do what he thinks is best. He owes us nothing to keep Leech's offense and it's nieve for some of you to think he does.
    Ok, if that's the standard and he goes 7-5 next year with an easier schedule he should get plenty of criticism....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You also don't hire a HC and tell him what offense to run
    I actually think that's what we just did through our boosters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I actually think that's what we just did through our boosters...
    You think our boosters made these hires??? SMH

vCash
    Ok, if that's the standard and he goes 7-5 next year with an easier schedule he should get plenty of criticism....
    We dont have an easier schedule next year

We play Auburn, A&M, SC, and UPig on the road instead of home. We play LSU and Bama at home.

So we have the usual Bama and LSU losses- and tougher road schedule. Home schedule is tougher next year and road schedule remains tough
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

We play Auburn, A&M, SC, and UPig on the road instead of home. We play LSU and Bama at home.

So we have the usual Bama and LSU losses- and tougher road schedule. Home schedule is tougher next year and road schedule remains tough
    Our opponents were so bad this year. Very lucky. AU, A&M, Arkansas without KJ, UK and Ole Miss. then 4 cake noncoference games

vCash

Do we play Georgia this year? Or did they get replaced....but nice job trying to lower the bar..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You think our boosters made these hires??? SMH
    I think there was a lot of pressure to bring home Bump and bring in Friend...probably a good bit for Turner too (but I think he's an upgrade). As for offensive philosophy (which was what my post responded to), ZA said shortly after he was hired that we were going to with a similar offensive scheme as we had been using...now we're not so something changed...

vCash
    I think there was a lot of pressure to bring home Bump and bring in Friend...probably a good bit for Turner too (but I think he's an upgrade). As for offensive philosophy (which was what my post responded to), ZA said shortly after he was hired that we were going to with a similar offensive scheme as we had been using...now we're not so something changed...
    Leach tried hire Bump last year, Didn't see anyone blasting boosters were pushing him to do so a year ago.

vCash
    Do we play Georgia this year? Or did they get replaced....but nice job trying to lower the bar..
    So what?

Playing a team away is harder than playing them at home- otherwise the home team wouldnt win 67% of SEC games. Our toss-ups were mostly at home in 2022- in 2023 they will be on the road. That makes it harder

vCash
    Let's say your right on bump? And while they might have wanted him, ZA wasn't forced to take anyone. Not a soul. Why friend?? He has zero reasons for our boosters to push for him. Zero.

vCash

You can't be serious. Our SOS was top 5 in 2022. See below.

But if your want to get into home and away:
    Three G5/FCS noncon are all home like last year.

You get AZ at home instead of road. Easier.
    You get USCe away instead of UGA home. Easier.
    You get KY at home instead of road. Easier.
    Your get OM at home instead of road. Easier.
    You get Bama at home instead of road. Easier.
    You get LSU at home instead or road. Easier.

Aggie, auburn, and Ark are away so harder.

https://volswire.usatoday.com/lists/...dule-rankings/

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-12-2023 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Not that we didn't have difficult schedule but that one is a good bit higher than everyone else. Several has our SOS and SOS power rankings between 14 and 20th nationally. One had us at 26 but that's a low outlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

A) Any list that doesnt include UPig in the top 5 is not complete. They played 11 bowl teams this year

B) LSU will be better next year than they were this year

C) It doesnt matter where we play Bama- eliminate that one

D) Arizona last year wasnt a hard game. 1st year of a rebuild. They will likely be improved this season

E) We will still be an underdog at SC

F) Rivalry game vs Mississippi with their QB returning- will be about the same

vCash
    This is absolutely not home to Will Friend, he only lived here as a small child. This ain?t home. I for one can see that right now boosters are as far away from the program now as they have been in the last 10 years.

vCash
    So what?

Playing a team away is harder than playing them at home- otherwise the home team wouldnt win 67% of SEC games. Our toss-ups were mostly at home in 2022- in 2023 they will be on the road. That makes it harder
    I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This is absolutely not home to Will Friend, he only lived here as a small child. This ain?t home. I for one can see that right now boosters are as far away from the program now as they have been in the last 10 years.
    Correct when chuck was an assistant. Before he ever went to neshoba to be head coach. That was early 80's and it was a short stay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    We shall see but for someone who's responsible for W's and L's, well trying to implement a completely different offense without the kind of personnel you need sounds like a recipe for disaster. I guess that remains to be seen but you can't convince me we couldn't have gotten someone to tweak and upgrade what we had which I think would've yielded positive results.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)