Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our new OC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    It really doesn't matter at this point, but Arbuckle was available. Harrell was available. There were plenty to make a move to a modern air raid.
    You ever thought that CZA, as a def coord, doesn't think the air raid, as we ran it, was hard to defend????? Thus, why we aren't doing it, along w the air raid died w CML death.

vCash
    I'd much rather take some pain in switching offensive schemes and get a better OC than hire a lesser OC just to fit personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Friend is a good hire. If he weren't replacing Miller, people would be thrilled.
    What are the chances Miller is retained? Friend as the interior OL guy and Miller as the T and TE coach (or vice versa)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You ever thought that CZA, as a def coord, doesn't think the air raid, as we ran it, was hard to defend????? Thus, why we aren't doing it, along w the air raid died w CML death.
    Who the hell ever stated the way we ran anything. Not me. Not anybody that I have seen. So why try to make a point that isn't even being talked about. What is being said is that we could have made a hire in the air raid model that is updated that would not have required a complete change in play books etc.

It doesn't matter at this point, we are where we are. We are going to run the offense of Barbay creation. So let's go do it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    What are the chances Miller is retained? Friend as the interior OL guy and Miller as the T and TE coach (or vice versa)
    0.00%. He has already been released from his contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I wonder if Will has the arm for all of the deep shots Barbay calls.
    If Will steps into the throws and not off his back foot a lot of times, I?m sure he will be ok on deep balls. You can throw deep balls with arc with an ok arm. It?s that line shot on a 15 yard out across the hash that Will doesn?t have. He can throw it but it has to have great precision and it won?t get out there as quick as most QBs. I just don?t want Will retreating in the pocket when under pressure. Try to step up and maneuver around in the pocket so when you do turn it loose, you can get something on it or get a short run for positive yards. Will running backwards with his speed is a big mistake.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-12-2023 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    If Will steps into the throws and not off his back foot a lot of times, I?m sure he will be ok on deep balls. You can throw deep balls with arc with an ok arm. It?s that line shot on a 15 yard out across the hash that Will doesn?t have. He can throw it but it has to have great precision and it won?t get out there as quick as most QBs. I just don?t want Will retreating in the pocket when under pressure. Try to step up and maneuver around in the pocket so when you do turn it loose, you can get something on it or get a short run for positive yards. Will running backwards with his speed is a big mistake.
    It is his worst habit by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It is his worst habit by far.
    They got to coach that out of him!!