Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: OC Hired - App State OC Kevin Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think it is safe to say that we are not going with the hybrid Air Raid.
    I think that's safe to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawsonmsu View Post
    You guys should take a few hours and watch some film on App. State this year. It?s a pro style offense with a little cross action with the tight ends. Not a troll at all. I could name you 50 all time great Ms State players from the past.
    There's a guy on YouTube that cut out there offensive snaps vs UNC, troy and tx am. Pistol RPO offense with zone runs and a lot of play action. You lost me with the Morehead comparison. Nothing about the coaches or the situation is similar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dumbest collection of assholes in the SEC come hear for conversation
    The rest are at Bulldog Burger Co, where the cool kids go to meet, MEAT.

vCash
    Holy shit. No way some of these posters are this 17'n stupid!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    You mean the OL that was in the top 3rd of the SEC in every OL metric? The same OL that returns all but 1 guy?
    Yep. They couldn't zone block against a 6 man box. Our OL as currently constructed isn't going to dominate SEC DL in the run game. Barbay loves the zone scheme
    Last edited by confucius say; 01-13-2023 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dumbest collection of assholes in the SEC come hear for conversation
    That and a few trolls. There's been posters on here over the last week spewing stuff who haven't been on here in months or years in some cases. Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Holy shit. No way some of these posters are this 17'n stupid!!!
    Aw but they are, DD!

vCash
    What is fun is that posters who usually are prone to defend our coaches (me, honestly) are suspicious and those who are always running off our coaches are heaping praise. Got to love it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yep. They couldn't zone block against a 6 man box. Our OL as currently constructed isn't going to dominate SEC DL in the run game. Barbay loves the zone scheme
    You mean the guys mostly from MS that grew up on teams that ran the ball 80% of the time? Yeah they'll have a real hard time going back to run blocking with normal splits instead of being on an island pass blocking against Anderson with 5 yard splits.

vCash
    What is fun is that posters who usually are prone to defend our coaches (me, honestly) are suspicious and those who are always running off our coaches are heaping praise. Got to love it!
    The board has definitely been entertaining as of late!

vCash
    Not seeing that. Mostly air raid people (wrongfully or ignorantly) screaming it doesn't fit our personnel when it does. Or the usual trolls/negative people who'd find a reason to bitch if we hired bill walsh as oc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Not seeing that. Mostly air raid people (wrongfully or ignorantly) screaming it doesn't fit our personnel when it does. Or the usual trolls/negative people who'd find a reason to bitch if we hired bill walsh as oc
    That would be the most MSU thing ever as Bill Walsh is dead! More bitching......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    That would be the most MSU thing ever as Bill Walsh is dead! More bitching......
    And ran the west coast offense, lol!

vCash
    They will zone block better with tighter splits. The wide splits make zone blocking extremely tough because of the bad angles. Shorter splits with us running wide zone action will be much more effective
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Some on here were (jokingly, I think) wanting TCU's OC Garrett Riley at State. He's going to Clemson.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...r-per-reports/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They will zone block better with tighter splits. The wide splits make zone blocking extremely tough because of the bad angles. Shorter splits with us running wide zone action will be much more effective
    And short yardage. I hate snapping the ball 4 yards back into shotgun when you need 6 inches. At least this guy will get under center. He will also do some wildcat on short yardage, which I dont hate as much as a QB shotgun snap.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    We wouldn't have been able to get him otherwise*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    And short yardage. I hate snapping the ball 4 yards back into shotgun when you need 6 inches. At least this guy will get under center. He will also do some wildcat on short yardage, which I dont hate as much as a QB shotgun snap.
    Gotta practice it though. They did it once (UNC I think) and fumbled. Seems simple, but if you aren't used to snaps under center it can backfire easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Gotta practice it though. They did it once (UNC I think) and fumbled. Seems simple, but if you aren't used to snaps under center it can backfire easily.
    Yeah, I don't care if we only have one undercenter play in the playbook, as long as it's the Brady QB sneak. Surely we can pull that off.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yeah, I don't care if we only have one undercenter play in the playbook, as long as it's the Brady QB sneak. Surely we can pull that off.
    Man I hope so. Its almost a cheat code in less than a yard situations