Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hired - App State OC Kevin Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawsonmsu View Post
    App. State has finished the last 3 seasons in the top 30 in total offense. Nothing new for them. Their program has been built on toughness and high character. He benefited from this.
    You might have a point if it was his only year as an OC. But his offense was good last year at CMU as well.

vCash
    App. State has finished the last 3 seasons in the top 30 in total offense. Nothing new for them. Their program has been built on toughness and high character. He benefited from this.
    Okay? He didn't screw it up. Idk why being a highly ranked offense is being discredited because "they've always done that." He still had to go out there and do it

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Okay? He didn't screw it up. Idk why being a highly ranked offense is being discredited because "they've always done that." He still had to go out there and do it
    Simple minded people. I believe they actually averaged a little more ppg than the previous couple years as well.

vCash
    By the way, the last 2 offensive coordinators at App.State have been 1 and done after they left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Simple minded people. I believe they actually averaged a little more ppg than the previous couple years as well.
    I'm pretty negative as far as message board posters go, but I'm not seeing these issues some others are seeing.

After Briles, Barbay seems to be as good a hire as we could realistically make.

Selmon is a good hire as well.

Stupidity seems to be spreading across this fanbase.

vCash
    By the way, the last 2 offensive coordinators at App.State have been 1 and done after they left.
    Well shit, that means Baybar is gonna be the same. Dammit guys, we screwed this up. **

Please for your sake, just stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I'm guessing Arnett being a defensive guy would be more conservative if anything. But who knows.......
    I think it just depends on the coach. He may view it as his D is so good it can bail out a missed 4th down. Arnette is an aggressive guy. I don't think he wants a minimal risk ball control offense like Dennis Allen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That a way to tote that company water.
    Better than totting small pox blankets

vCash
    I'm pretty negative as far as message board posters go, but I'm not seeing these issues some others are seeing.

After Briles, Barbay seems to be as good a hire as we could realistically make.

Selmon is a good hire as well.

Stupidity seems to be spreading across this fanbase.
    Quality post! Agreed!

vCash
    Zone run plays that stretch the boundary, boot legs with the tight end dragging, a few RPO pass plays - Ms State 2023 offense. Will be a complete disaster. Similar to the Moorhead days.

vCash
    This is the only legitimate argument I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    This is the only legitimate argument I've seen.
    Except it's not legitimate.

vCash
    Zone run plays that stretch the boundary, boot legs with the tight end dragging, a few RPO pass plays - Ms State 2023 offense. Will be a complete disaster. Similar to the Moorhead days.
    Lmao some people would complain if their only task at work was to drive there an pickup a check. There's nothing remotely similar to Morehead about this except the both coach a sport with a brown ball.

vCash
    Except it's not legitimate.
    Better than the other excuses people have been trying to push lol. What he said isn't false, all other critisms I've seen are.

vCash
    That's not true. Ponce was the OC in 2021 (he was a prior Co-OC from 2013-2018 at App St) and went to Miami to be PGC/QB coach for 2022 and is still there.

vCash
    Dawsonmsu has 71 posts. He’s a troll. Ignore and proceed.

vCash
    Dumbest collection of assholes in the SEC come hear for conversation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dumbest collection of assholes in the SEC come hear for conversation
    Don't forget about genes page and SPS

vCash
    You guys should take a few hours and watch some film on App. State this year. It’s a pro style offense with a little cross action with the tight ends. Not a troll at all. I could name you 50 all time great Ms State players from the past.

vCash
    That pertains to Barbey how?