Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hired - App State OC Kevin Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Well mullen had an all pro qb and the sec all team leading rusher for a qb. Leach never had anything close to an nfl qb here. Give leach Dak.

Point is. We need a big time qb regardless of system.
    I really wish Locke would have stayed..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach SEC Scoring:

13th in 2020
    9th in 2021
    8th in 2022

Mullen:

2017- 7th
    2016- 7th
    2015- 5th
    2014- 2nd

I clearly said the 2nd half of Mullen's tenure. Mullen took over a rebuild and didnt have the luxury of the portal and such. Y2 Mullen and Y2 Leach are Apples/Oranges
    So are years 6-9 of dan and 1-3 of leach. It's a bad comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Will is the starter at State next year. Non topic
    If so the offense will be very limited

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Outside of Arnett landing Kingsbury, many of you were determined to be "meh" on this after Briles. What else do you want the guy to do? Great job, Arnett.
    I like it long term.
    Next year not so much unless he finds a qb

vCash
    Leach had the chance to portal Rogers the last 2 years and didnt do it. He had who he wanted
    Except when we brought Jack Abraham in to start in 2021.

vCash
    Leach had the chance to portal Rogers the last 2 years and didnt do it. He had who he wanted
    That has to do with coaching decisions regarding personnel. Not scheme. The underlying debate was over scheme.

The truth is both schemes can be successful if the right qb is in place. It's 75% about the qb.

vCash
    That has to do with coaching decisions regarding personnel. Not scheme. The underlying debate was over scheme.

The truth is both schemes can be successful if the right qb is in place. It's 75% about the qb.
    This offense is centered around the HB and the OL, the QB is more of a game manager which actually plays to Rogers strength in my opinion.

He won't be asked to carry the team, and I think he can be careful with the ball. This could be good for Will, except for stats, but overall it could be really good for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I really wish Locke would have stayed..
    Me too. He may have been playing for State sooner rather than later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    This offense is centered around the HB and the OL, the QB is more of a game manager which actually plays to Rogers strength in my opinion.

He won't be asked to carry the team, and I think he can be careful with the ball. This could be good for Will, except for stats, but overall it could be really good for him.
    If we are bringing in a scheme where our success is predicated on having OL better than the SEC DL we will face then we are screwed.

vCash
    If we are bringing in a scheme where our success is predicated on having OL better than the SEC DL we will face then we are screwed.
    They beat A&M by running it 52 times and completing 15 passes.

This offense runs the damn ball.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Leach was about to make adjustments. Look at the QBs he was after. He realized you gotta be able to do things other than throw it 50x

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    They beat A&M by running it 52 times and completing 15 passes.

This offense runs the damn ball.
    That offense went 25 of 36 for 361 and 6TD passes in taking UNC to OT (while also running for 288)

It went 40/53 for 395 and 3 TDs when the run game got shut down against James Madison. The offense is variable - and probably the closest to balanced as any we have ever run (30 passes/40 runs a game in '22)
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Not to derail this thread too much, but Brandon Streeter was just fired at Clemson. If we have an offensive analyst position we may want to see if he'd be interested for a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That offense went 25 of 36 for 361 and 6TD passes in taking UNC to OT (while also running for 288)

It went 40/53 for 395 and 3 TDs when the run game got shut down against James Madison. The offense is variable - and probably the closest to balanced as any we have ever run (30 passes/40 runs a game in '22)
    Yeah he's very diverse and actually calls plays based on what the defense is giving. I like the fact Barbay games plan and calls plays to attack what the weakness of the defense is instead of just running the same offense week in and week out. He showed he can win running or throwing or both, now that's true balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he's very diverse and actually calls plays based on what the defense is giving. I like the fact Barbay games plan and calls plays to attack what the weakness of the defense is instead of just running the same offense week in and week out. He showed he can win running or throwing or both, now that's true balance.
    With Leach every defense did the same thing so there really wasn't a lot of game planning.

vCash
    I?ll allow it

?Six pack - a bunch of circle jerking snowflakes?

-DangerDawg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    With Leach every defense did the same thing so there really wasn't a lot of game planning.
    That's not true. Everyone tried the drop 8 after Arky stopped us with it, then we started (painfully) beating it with long, boring short passes. After that teams played us different albeit still mostly zone unless they couldn't stop us. In 21 when we forced man Will killed them over the top. I think that was the main difference in his 21 and 22 season. Seemed like he couldn't do it in 22 like he did in 21. Whether that's an injury, no Polk or whatever is for others to argue about.

vCash
    This is a great hire. Young fresh ideas. I like that Arnett has a vision of where were are going and is making it happen.

vCash
    So how will he use Tulu?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Leach was about to make adjustments. Look at the QBs he was after. He realized you gotta be able to do things other than throw it 50x
    Which further reiterates why CZA shouldn't have destroyed the whole offensive scheme and staff.........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)