Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hired - App State OC Kevin Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    It is a big shift. I know some talked about a modern Air Raid offense that incorporated the run game, this sure as sh!t ain't that.

This is a pistol formation, run the ball offense that hits you with playaction. Its a massive shift.

Now lets be clear, I like this type of offense, but I like it more with a QB run threat, which hasn't been his M.O., but holy hell, this is a big damn shift.

Arnett is clearly putting his stamp on this team.
    Yeah is is from the McElwain tree.

vCash
    Little nervous that he doesn't have a longer track record of work (as an OC) but watching his interviews I do like him. Solid hire that I'll put in the "up and comer" category for now.

Now let's lock down some transfers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Why do you have to lie to build up something else?

We were ranked #29 last year. Leach's 2nd year. There is absolutely no reason to tear down Leach.

BTW.. Mullen was ranked 49th in year 2.
    What lie? We were 60th in Scoring O last year 2021...43rd in 2022 (which was helped alot by ST's). You need to get some facts straight
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So will Will end up in Tulsa or Western Kentucky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    Why would Will leave? This is not a QB run required OC hire, not even close. Locke should have stayed too.

vCash
    I love the pistol and I watched all of their game against A&M last year and was very impressed by what the did offensively scheme wise. I am happy!
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    only fear for Will is having to throw deep on play action

vCash
    A+ hire. Balanced offense with tempo. I love it.

There are some certain insiders that are pissed Dellenger beat them to the punch

vCash
    I love the "meh" hire posters. They don't even have a clue what type of offense Barbay runs. or anything about his history. Just because it's not "muh Kendal Briles" or some flashy hire it sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What lie? We were 60th in Scoring O last year 2021...43rd in 2022 (which was helped alot by ST's). You need to get some facts straight
    First, you didn't say anything other than offense:

We were a top half SEC offense the 2nd half of Mullen's tenure. You then sought to tear down Leach to prop up your BS. I correctly told you we were #29 in Offense in Leach's year 2. Now you want to move the Goal Post.

So now you want to go by scoring. Guess what. Leach was scoring more in year 2 than Mullen in year 2.

Mullen 29 points.
    Leach 29.1.

Like I said. You just can't do anything without tearing down something else. Even if that means lying. BTW, year 3 Leach ... 31.6. Mullen 25.3 and ranked in the 73rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I love the "meh" hire posters. They don't even have a clue what type of offense Barbay runs. or anything about his history. Just because it's not "muh Kendal Briles" or some flashy hire it sucks.
    He is hired. Now we support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Right, and no matter who we hired there were gonna be folks on here not happy about it. The fact is we ran the only version of the Leach Air Raid in the country. When we lost our Pirate Captain that offense went with him. Let's see what Zach and staff can do.

vCash
    He is hired. Now we support.
    Yes!!!

vCash
    Anyone that thought throwing the ball the way we did this year was a good idea or offense is a damn fool. Our scoring went down. Alabama ate that shit alive and laughed about it. One TD in 3 years. Give me balance, tempo, and scoring on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right, and no matter who we hired there were gonna be folks on here not happy about it. The fact is we ran the only version of the Leach Air Raid in the country. When we lost our Pirate Captain that offense went with him. Let's see what Zach and staff can do.
    Exactly. Zach wants to win. He wasn't made head coach to carry on Leach's legacy. This is his team. I will support him and the new OC until they give me ample reason not too.

vCash
    Wow this is a completely unexpected hire out of left field. Hope it works out. I'm like a few others in that I wish we stayed close to the air raid similar to what TN runs but looks like we may be back to more familiar MSU territory.

vCash
    First, you didn't say anything other than offense:

We were a top half SEC offense the 2nd half of Mullen's tenure. You then sought to tear down Leach to prop up your BS. I correctly told you we were #29 in Offense in Leach's year 2. Now you want to move the Goal Post.

So now you want to go by scoring. Guess what. Leach was scoring more in year 2 than Mullen in year 2.

Mullen 29 points.
    Leach 29.1.

Like I said. You just can't do anything without tearing down something else. Even if that means lying. BTW, year 3 Leach ... 31.6. Mullen 25.3 and ranked in the 73rd
    Leach SEC Scoring:

13th in 2020
    9th in 2021
    8th in 2022

Mullen:

2017- 7th
    2016- 7th
    2015- 5th
    2014- 2nd

I clearly said the 2nd half of Mullen's tenure. Mullen took over a rebuild and didnt have the luxury of the portal and such. Y2 Mullen and Y2 Leach are Apples/Oranges

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Wow this is a completely unexpected hire out of left field. Hope it works out. I'm like a few others in that I wish we stayed close to the air raid similar to what TN runs but looks like we may be back to more familiar MSU territory.
    People around here have been saying our in-state recruits are more suitable for this style of offense. The coaching staff is going all in on MS recruits. We hire Barbay as OC. It's all coming together. Arnett sees what's being offered in this state and got an offense to go with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    we were set up to have another 9-win season next year. Now I'am afraid of this hire.. We have personnel. for the air raid but looks like now we will go to running it more again. When we have been a run first team we have been average at best.. I wish we had stayed air raid family. But I'll get on board and hope for the best.
    When I looked at next year's schedule, and what the other teams had returning, I was hoping we could find 8 wins again but expecting 7 wins.
    Arkansas will be better.
    aTm will be a tough win
    South Carolina at their place.... very tough
    LSU
    Bama

Hard to find 9 wins when you look at that schedule. If we win 7 I'll say we won as many as we would have if Leach were still here.

vCash
    Will is the starter at State next year. Non topic