Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: OC Hired - App State OC Kevin Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hopefully everyone here is smart enough to understand that the offense in year 1 will look much different than the offense will in year 2 . Unless something dramatic happens between now and say fall practice
    I don?t care who we hired as OC , this statement would have been true for them as well

So saying that , from what I have been told and yeah I have contacts this was a good hire. He was in the top 3 choices for the OC opening at South Carolina
    We could have done much much worse
    I hope that's the case. On the surface it looks like a significant drop down from almost hiring KB to getting Barbay. I guess Arnett saw something special in this guy. I, like others, are concerned that we are going to waste another year that could be really special next year (like we did in 2018) because our offense is in transition. I found it interesting that Arnett went on lockdown to hire Barbay. If we were going to go G5 I don't really thing ZA even had to worry about leaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Dawsonmsu has 71 posts. He?s a troll. Ignore and proceed.
    Well, you have to start somewhere. There's a few posters that have 35 - 65K posts and they are just as negative about MSU. I'm just weirded out by how many on here are all on board with these hires. 1st time coach, 1st time AD and super green OC... but "Let's roll!!" (Psst... cause we'll be running the ball again!! Yay! - Been so successful the last 100 years.)

But hey, I fight for all of our coaches and ADs, and call y'all out for dumbass "Holloway up the middle!" and "Check down Charlie." comments, and I'll support Arnett and Selmon too. Just the way I am.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 01-13-2023 at 06:13 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    I like the hire. Put something at least average on the offensive side and we will be good. Our defense will be stout

vCash
    I really like the Selmon hire but not this one. I don’t see this hire being a good fit. He might have put up decent numbers in the Sun Belt but this is the SEC and App State always out recruits the Sun Belt except for when Napier was at ULL with Huds players. I really was hoping to get someone from a lower tier power 5 school that had a solid offense. That being said our defense should be top notch, but it can only carry us so far. Hope I am wrong about Barbay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    Not seeing that. Mostly air raid people (wrongfully or ignorantly) screaming it doesn't fit our personnel when it does. Or the usual trolls/negative people who'd find a reason to bitch if we hired bill walsh as oc
    Some on here would bitch if we lost one regular season game and then we lost by 2 points in the SEC Championship to No. 1 ranked Georgia. There would be a bunch of what if's too.

vCash
    When Barbay adjusts and adapts his offense to fit our player personnel, some posters on message boards are gonna look kinda stupid and only the sky will be falling on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well, you have to start somewhere. There's a few posters that have 35 - 65K posts and they are just as negative about MSU. I'm just weirded out by how many on here are all on board with these hires. 1st time coach, 1st time AD and super green OC... but "Let's roll!!" (Psst... cause we'll be running the ball again!! Yay! - Been so successful the last 100 years.)

But hey, I fight for all of our coaches and ADs, and call y'all out for dumbass "Holloway up the middle!" and "Check down Charlie." comments, and I'll support Arnett and Selmon too. Just the way I am.
    Does having a first time AD matter on the football field game to game? Not sure how

First time coaches can be hit or miss. I get that. But this is a coach that has been on campus and the team and administration have gotten to know well. No guarantee but we didn?t jump in blind.

OC is ?super green?? I guess ? he has been successful installing his offense and getting results at 2 different D1 stops. Seems to be adaptive and has competed with or beaten some teams with superior talent. Of course power 6 experience would be a plus, but not sure about ?super green?.

We?ll see but no reason to panic or fret just because these are new or green coaches.

vCash
    Del
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    When Barbay adjusts and adapts his offense to fit our player personnel, some posters on message boards are gonna look kinda stupid and only the sky will be falling on them.
    Yep. All it takes is just to watch a few minutes of film from the North Carolina and A&M games this year to see that he's a versatile OC, but whatever, let them complain. I'm ready for the season start.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Yep. All it takes is just to watch a few minutes of film from the North Carolina and A&M games this year to see that he's a versatile OC, but whatever, let them complain. I'm ready for the season start.
    Yes this! I watched the unc game last night and the offense was extremely diverse and efficient. 61 points geez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes this! I watched the unc game last night and the offense was extremely diverse and efficient. 61 points geez.
    How did you watch it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    How did you watch it
    Whole game is on YouTube no commercials!

vCash
    this hire makes me feel like i kissed my sister

vCash
    As a MSU fan it's wait and see for me because I heard the same thing when we hired Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    this hire makes me feel like i kissed my sister
    Well it's not Bobo, so it should be more like a kissing cousin at worse for you. You know we can't let that thread you started go for a bit. Lol
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-15-2023 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As a MSU fan it's wait and see for me because I heard the same thing when we hired Moorhead.
    Moorehead definitely caused that anxiety to stay for a while

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Well it's not Bobo, so it should be more like a kissing cousin at worse for you. You know we can't let that thread you started go for a bit. Lol
    i hope it is like kissing my step sister

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i hope it is like kissing my step sister
    Lol. Maybe it's the hot step sister too

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    And that's exactly what he's going to do. He's Arnette with an offensive mind instead of defense.

vCash
    Still can?t believe that Arnett is stupid enough to go from the Air Raid to neanderball.