Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Everything ZA has done to this point has been on point.

Top half SEC Defense? Yes
    Restored order after Leach’s death? Yes
    Held recruiting class together? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes
    Making quality staff hires? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can’t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn’t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    Yes sir!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    R.E.L.A.X.
    Exactly. Half of all transfers happen after spring practice. Second, we will hire an OC when it clicks for what Arnett wants to do.

Get the AD in place tomorrow and let?s get to stockpiling money.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Holy shit. Ole Miss?! Did you watch us play ole miss? He had 3 awful turnovers and should have had 4. Same for the auburn game. Holy hell. Try looking at something besides completion %. I can’t believe you typed out ole miss and auburn. Lord have mercy.
    He literally picked out 2 of the 3 worst performances in wins for Will?s career. The 3rd being the bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Not today, tomorrow or next year. The guy can not throw and complete passes. Will can run certain running plays.
    You have a broad definition of the word 'run'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    We won?t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?
    I'm not sure if Arnett knows.

What it looks like to me is our boosters swooped in and brought back their buddies ASAP after Leach passed away.

Unfortunately we didn't have an AD in place to stop this from happening and start a proper coaching search which probably could have gotten us Western Kentucky's staff. Which is what we absolutely should have done if we were going to blow everything up anyway.

Instead we as fans get to enjoy a complete rebuild on offense again- who knows if it will even halfway fit our personnel but knowing MSU it won't but hey! That's no problem because we can always just blame Will.

Instead we have gotten a lot of misleading statements at best from MSU about continuity and how we aren't going far away from the Air Raid while everything else is being blown up in the meantime. All the while the guys we ran off of our staff have basically almost immediately been hired as coordinators while we're still searching and hoping this guy from Tulane isn't a shitshow and has about the same amount of experience as the guys we ran off. But hey! We got Bumphis!** And don't think that the coaching community hasn't noticed how we've treated Leach's staff who just won 9 games. That's likely part of the reason why we've had trouble hiring an OC- on top of everyone's friend having a position making it more difficult for real OC's to bring in their staff.

All in all I see this working out about like Arkansas with Sam Pittman. We'll probably have a good season next year just because of our culture put in place from Leach and the experience of the players plus our schedule. Once those players leave we'll go into decline and then hopefully this nightmare will end for us around 2025 and we can actually do a real coaching search and hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing instead of going off of booster recommendations for hires.

But by all means relying heavily on a running back who couldn't even make it out of fall practice healthy should work out well for us next year.**

vCash
    Our receivers had the lowest drop rate in the conference. What we need is a quarterback, as much as you don’t want to admit it.
    GTFO. That has to average in pass attempts or something along those lines. I have seen that stat from you before and if you really believe that I cant help you. I guess the entire coaching staff just was wrong day in and day out

vCash
    It’s not a stretch. He was awful in 6 conference games and awful in the bowl game. Not sure what you watched when we played LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Illinois but he was really bad in all of those games and we won 3 of them in spite of his play.
    Go and watch our WRs with the lowest drop rate and tell me who played well. Their ass whipping rate was pretty high those games. Bc they ended up on our bench with DBs on them or looking for their chairs in the other ones. We had absolutely 0 consistentcy from our outside WRs. None. Half the time they got their ass whipped and the other half they ran a bad route bc they knew they were getting it handed tk them. Ill level with you. Leach had made it well known.

vCash
    I have seen our quarterback play. It isn’t a huge risk. He isn’t good.
    One of the best we have ever had. Ask his team and coaches. Then go look at our record book then go look at our wins and losses vs ranked teams with him as the starter. You wont like it. I could go on. This act is tired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And better talent. Katy would've beaten any team in MS by 4 TDs this year. And they didn't make the state championship. The state of Mississippi is not very good. We've produced some good talent over the years, but it's isolated. The state of TX had 6 five stars and 63 four stars this year. The state of Mississippi had 0 five stars and 6 four stars. I don't give a rats ass about "tough". Get me guys who can produce. For every Jeffrey Simmons this state has produced we've produced 10 Lee Autry's. And I'll go a step further, I don't mind you getting defensive players from this state, because we have an ok hit rate there. But our hit rate at skill positions on offense is abysmal.
    MS can play with anyone. Texas HSFB as some great and wonderful thing is a myth. It is a bump and giggle league. Katy TX would give up 300 rushing yards a game in this state. Our 7 on 7s end in the summer. They just keep on playing with pads

vCash
    Malik Hornsby....good lord man. You really don't know football. Wow, I was at least expecting like Sam Huard or Hank Bachmeir. Or maybe that you'd throw in a solid backup like Jake Garcia at Miami. But Malik Hornsby??? Weren't you the one who just said we don't have to recruit like a CUSA but you want to go recruit a guy who transferred to the Sun Belt?? Come on man
    Hornsby is so good he didnt play over the dude from FIU. Will would whip the dog shit out of Hornsby

vCash
    Bucky, you seem to put a lot of blame on the WRs but I'm curious as to why none of that blame ever gets put on their position coaches or their ability to recruit the right guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure if Arnett knows.

What it looks like to me is our boosters swooped in and brought back their buddies ASAP after Leach passed away.

Unfortunately we didn't have an AD in place to stop this from happening and start a proper coaching search which probably could have gotten us Western Kentucky's staff. Which is what we absolutely should have done if we were going to blow everything up anyway.

Instead we as fans get to enjoy a complete rebuild on offense again- who knows if it will even halfway fit our personnel but knowing MSU it won't but hey! That's no problem because we can always just blame Will.

Instead we have gotten a lot of misleading statements at best from MSU about continuity and how we aren't going far away from the Air Raid while everything else is being blown up in the meantime. All the while the guys we ran off of our staff have basically almost immediately been hired as coordinators while we're still searching and hoping this guy from Tulane isn't a shitshow and has about the same amount of experience as the guys we ran off. But hey! We got Bumphis!** And don't think that the coaching community hasn't noticed how we've treated Leach's staff who just won 9 games. That's likely part of the reason why we've had trouble hiring an OC- on top of everyone's friend having a position making it more difficult for real OC's to bring in their staff.

All in all I see this working out about like Arkansas with Sam Pittman. We'll probably have a good season next year just because of our culture put in place from Leach and the experience of the players plus our schedule. Once those players leave we'll go into decline and then hopefully this nightmare will end for us around 2025 and we can actually do a real coaching search and hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing instead of going off of booster recommendations for hires.

But by all means relying heavily on a running back who couldn't even make it out of fall practice healthy should work out well for us next year.**
    Todd .. don't be so doom/gloom. If everything you say might happen then happens, look at the bright side dude ... no one's eyes will be hurting watching Leach's Air Raid anymore.

I can't wait to watch Will run the spread option LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Exactly. Half of all transfers happen after spring practice. Second, we will hire an OC when it clicks for what Arnett wants to do.

Get the AD in place tomorrow and let?s get to stockpiling money.
    If you are changing systems, after spring is too late. You want get them broken into that system until summer.

vCash

Restored order after Leach?s death? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can?t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn?t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    You left off alot. We can start with the mixed messages of the style of offense. It's easy to knock him for Briles. Briles was never leaving. I mentioned that here early on. He gave him way too much time and he got played by Sexton.

The time frame is not my time frame. It's the signing season. We now can hire somebody this week and the new OC only get 4-6 days to accomplish anything. 15-day spring period from May 1-15.

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    Bucky, you seem to put a lot of blame on the WRs but I'm curious as to why none of that blame ever gets put on their position coaches or their ability to recruit the right guys.
    Its on everyone it?s a team sport. Its not all on one person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Todd .. don't be so doom/gloom. If everything you say might happen then happens, look at the bright side dude ... no one's eyes will be hurting watching Leach's Air Raid anymore.

I can't wait to watch Will run the spread option LOL.
    Mullen's offense in 2015 and at Florida with trask looked completely different than it did in 2014 or with franks at Florida in 2018. If our OC can't adjust his offense for a year to fit personnel then we got a bad OC, not necessarily a bad system.

vCash
    1. Portal opens back up after spring ball. We're not finding any more impact players this late in the juncture. I do agree with you on TEs. We're going to have to grab one after spring ball or move Harmon because WE ARE NOT MOVING ROBINSON TO TE. I know you didn't say it, but I want to cut that off before someone mentions it.

2. Other schools offering our guys money is going to happen 365 days a year now. Just like I know we're putting those same feelers out to kids. Everyone is doing it so you have to accept that. Agree on needing an OC hire ASAP. It's taking far too long and shows Arnett's inexperience in the big chair.

3. Turner is meh, Friend is a decent hire, and I have no clue why we brought back Bumphis. At least Friend and Turner have experience and recruiting connections in the area. None are upgrades over their predecessors though. It will be paramount to keep Washington and hire an OC with Texas connections. We can't lose that pipeline. We've already lost Louisiana and some of Georgia. We can't lose Texas as well.
    Bump only coached at a school that went to back to back rose bowls , with a coach that didn?t want me to leave .. so yeah Bump sucks

vCash

Restored order after Leach?s death? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can?t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn?t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    Pretty much all facts here..

vCash
    Just so I have it correct, some of you dumbasses bitched and complained for 3 years about how our offense is horrible and wish we would run the ball more, then Leach passes away and now you same dumbasses are the ones who are complaining cause Arnette is going away from the pure air raid. EVEN THO, We haven’t even made a hire yet and no one has a clue who he is gonna hire or what the main offense will even look like. Yet because dude is being in coaches who he wants to, and making his staff HIS, y’all want to fire the man and are already thinking about who the next coach will be…

Some of y’all deserve to be miserable…