Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

vCash

Need to be careful

Here is my 2 cents take it for what it?s worth to you

The new AD is the Oklahoma dude.

The rest of the SEC is not waiting on us to hire a OC. We have needs on offense. The portal closes soon. We are not getting any offensive transfers (we need them) right now bc they don?t know what we are going to run. It is past time. If we are going to use a TE/H (we need to) we are going to have to get 2 or 3 from the portal. We very now are going to have a TE coach with no TEs on the roster. Doesnt make much sense.

Other schools are offering our kids money. Serious money. Im not going to name names but its some kids that we really need and some kids that have done nothing but right by us and even turned down money so other kids would stay with us. And yes those other schools are you think they are and are offering that money thru some folks that love to tell others how to act and what to do with their time. We need to pull the trigger on a OC soon in my opinion.

Turner is great, I am ok with Friend. Bumphis is a legend. But these are all types of coaches we have tried to win big with before and it didnt work out. You are not going to beat Bama by trying to out name them on your staff. Basically we are doing the exact opposite of what Leach did with the staff. Hiring based on being a name and not on loyalty or what you personally believe or value. Leach was a dinosaur in some ways that we needed to change, but his culture and his values are why people loved him and We do not need to lose that in my opinion. I love Arnett seems like a great dude and he coached hard. We will see how it goes.

vCash
    What the frig is taking so long on hiring an OC? Is Arnett having to run this by the Cigar boys for approval?

vCash
    Too late. Arnett showed the staff how loyal he is by firing most of them. And anyone who doesn't think the OC search is an abject failure to this point is a maroon suck up. He is off to an awful start. No offensive direction, 3 of the 4 qb on campus walked, and no OC for us to bring in transfers at this point.

vCash
    Im not here to bash Arnett. Or cause a panic. I like Arnett I am just giving my 2 cents like I posted. We needed to change the offense a little bit. We dont need to change the most important parts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Here is my 2 cents take it for what it?s worth to you

The new AD is the Oklahoma dude.

The rest of the SEC is not waiting on us to hire a OC. We have needs on offense. The portal closes soon. We are not getting any offensive transfers (we need them) right now bc they don?t know what we are going to run. It is past time. If we are going to use a TE/H (we need to) we are going to have to get 2 or 3 from the portal. We very now are going to have a TE coach with no TEs on the roster. Doesnt make much sense.

Other schools are offering our kids money. Serious money. Im not going to name names but its some kids that we really need and some kids that have done nothing but right by us and even turned down money so other kids would stay with us. And yes those other schools are you think they are and are offering that money thru some folks that love to tell others how to act and what to do with their time. We need to pull the trigger on a OC soon in my opinion.

Turner is great, I am ok with Friend. Bumphis is a legend. But these are all types of coaches we have tried to win big with before and it didnt work out. You are not going to beat Bama by trying to out name them on your staff. Basically we are doing the exact opposite of what Leach did with the staff. Hiring based on being a name and not on loyalty or what you personally believe or value. Leach was a dinosaur in some ways that we needed to change, but his culture and his values are why people loved him and We do not need to lose that in my opinion. I love Arnett seems like a great dude and he coached hard. We will see how it goes.
    Man, I see it as completely opposite. We are not hiring big names, we are hiring MS guys.
    Now, if they happen to be big names, and MS guys, then its a win-win.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    R.E.L.A.X.

vCash
    1. Portal opens back up after spring ball. We're not finding any more impact players this late in the juncture. I do agree with you on TEs. We're going to have to grab one after spring ball or move Harmon because WE ARE NOT MOVING ROBINSON TO TE. I know you didn't say it, but I want to cut that off before someone mentions it.

2. Other schools offering our guys money is going to happen 365 days a year now. Just like I know we're putting those same feelers out to kids. Everyone is doing it so you have to accept that. Agree on needing an OC hire ASAP. It's taking far too long and shows Arnett's inexperience in the big chair.

3. Turner is meh, Friend is a decent hire, and I have no clue why we brought back Bumphis. At least Friend and Turner have experience and recruiting connections in the area. None are upgrades over their predecessors though. It will be paramount to keep Washington and hire an OC with Texas connections. We can't lose that pipeline. We've already lost Louisiana and some of Georgia. We can't lose Texas as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Man, I see it as completely opposite. We are not hiring big names, we are hiring MS guys.
    Now, if they happen to be big names, and MS guys, then its a win-win.
    All those guys are ?SEC crooter? types if that makes sense. Its just been done before. I hope they all do well. Turner is a great coach. We upgraded there. I like the owning the State part of it too but im just saying its never good to break up a family. Im not trying to be overly negative

vCash
    Cohen put us in a bind and we are way behind and that was before he left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen put us in a bind and we are way behind and that was before he left.
    Keenum should have hired an AD 2 months ago.

vCash
    I expect a hire tomorrow. Could run into Friday I guess... We are actively recruiting te's present. They will be a part of the offense. Like every other offense in America. Yes we've had our own guys offered good deals from others. So far bullets dodged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    R.E.L.A.X.
    Im not panicking. Im going to wake up tomorrow and be ok. But Some things are happening as you type that to our kids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    1. Portal opens back up after spring ball. We're not finding any more impact players this late in the juncture. I do agree with you on TEs. We're going to have to grab one after spring ball or move Harmon because WE ARE NOT MOVING ROBINSON TO TE. I know you didn't say it, but I want to cut that off before someone mentions it.

2. Other schools offering our guys money is going to happen 365 days a year now. Just like I know we're putting those same feelers out to kids. Everyone is doing it so you have to accept that. Agree on needing an OC hire ASAP. It's taking far too long and shows Arnett's inexperience in the big chair.

3. Turner is meh, Friend is a decent hire, and I have no clue why we brought back Bumphis. At least Friend and Turner have experience and recruiting connections in the area. None are upgrades over their predecessors though. It will be paramount to keep Washington and hire an OC with Texas connections. We can't lose that pipeline. We've already lost Louisiana and some of Georgia. We can't lose Texas as well.

Your disdain for Bumphis is well known, who would you have hired?
    Both our WR coaches went to be OC's, it's not like we ran them out of town, we just weren't going to promote them.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Keenum should have hired an AD 2 months ago.
    ^^^^This^^^^ but Keenum is just a Government Bureaucrat.

vCash
    We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.
    Seems like we have 1 outside guy and 8 slot guys. And we are going to 1 slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

I think we are close to 100 percent agreement.

Harmon ain?t moving he will jump in the portal if we ask.

I bring up the money part bc right now we are just giving kids reasons to listen to offers. Nobody is waiting on us.

I like Turner bc I know enough of his former players that swear by him. I dont know enough about Friend other than he has been around. It makes sense to hire Bump but I am with you we should not have ran off Hollingshead. Or Miller. I hate it.

Yall are gonna freak and this is my opinion, im not sure Arnett is calling all these shots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Seems like we have 1 outside guy and 8 slot guys. And we are going to 1 slot.
    And we have 2 guys that left that are proven consistent players and are tough. That is a problem

vCash
    Problem is Arnett's experience or lack thereof. You never put all your eggs in one basket.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I expect a hire tomorrow. Could run into Friday I guess... We are actively recruiting te's present. They will be a part of the offense. Like every other offense in America. Yes we've had our own guys offered good deals from others. So far bullets dodged.
    Except for Locke, Robertson, Dillon Johnson, Rara....

Also lost on the LT we thought we had. A kicker. A replacement for DJ- Smoke, and multiple WR targets.