Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Guys, we are in uncharted waters with the death of a coach and no AD. Arnett is doing his due diligence I hope because this OC hire is important. If we hired a OC right after KB turned us down just to hurry up and get one hired, it would be a mistake. CZA has had a pile of shit thrown on his plate and hasn’t even had a chance to catch his breath since being named HC. And to rush the OC hire just to try to get transfers is a mistake imo. Would have been great to nail the KB hire and move right into the transfer market, but they didn’t happen. Just get the hire right!! It seems he’s made some respectable hires already, so I’ll just wait and see how it turns out.
    And this talk about not caring if Will leaves is terrible. Our QB room is thin as cat shit right now. We don’t need to lose anyone. I’m not a huge Will fan but tweaking the offense to include a running game could only help Will imo. At least the DL can’t just pin their ears back every play trying to sack the QB. They will at least have to respect the run more. Hopefully running more helps our passing game and Will too. All our wins came when our running attempts were higher.
    At this point, I do not think he is doing his dd. I think he is in over his head. I don't think he was ready for this position. I hope he proves me wrong and I eat crow.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Let's see.. 9 wins. LOl.. ok.

Just pulling a couple of games up. 69.25% vs Ole Miss.

71% vs Auburn
    Holy shit. Ole Miss?! Did you watch us play ole miss? He had 3 awful turnovers and should have had 4. Same for the auburn game. Holy hell. Try looking at something besides completion %. I can’t believe you typed out ole miss and auburn. Lord have mercy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No. That is Willie Fritz's offense. He may have been calling plays, but he's calling it out of Fritz's playbook.
    So anyone know anything about his background? Wondering if he's a fritz disciple or just on staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we run an offense that requires mobility, Hornsby would be much better than what we are going to trot out there with Will Rogers. If we run some sort of modified air raid, that obviously won’t be the case. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.
    Not today, tomorrow or next year. The guy can not throw and complete passes. Will can run certain running plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I said it depends on which offense we run. If we run an offense that requires a quarterback to run the football Malik Hornsby would beat the breaks off of Will Rogers every single time. He isn?t the only option. The kid from ULM that transferred to north Texas would be a great option. The kid from Oregon State that is visiting Indiana this week would be an option. The offense we run will determine what we need at quarterback.
    Except then they wouldn't have to defend the pass then. 8 in the box instead of drop 8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So anyone know anything about his background? Wondering if he's a fritz disciple or just on staff
    On staff. Looks to be a guy with deep Louisiana ties. Was at Mcneese State before Tulane and has also been on staff at LSU for a year and a couple of years at Northwestern State. Originally from Lake Charles. Had mostly coached RBs and Special Teams until Tulane.

vCash
    Slade Nagle is in his seventh season as the tight ends coach for the Green Wave in 2022.

Nagle made the tight end group a consistent target in the passing game in 2021, while also playing a key role in blocking for Tulane's rushing game.

Prior to Tulane, Nagle served as the running backs coach and special teams coordinator for the past four seasons at his alma mater, McNeese State, and helped the team to a combined record of 33-13 including a pair of 10-win seasons and two Football Championships Subdivision (FCS) playoff appearances.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/staff-di...lade-nagle/200

If that is our OC... I'm at a loss

vCash
    btw, he's a great TE coach! One of the best.

vCash
    Guys....I'm beginning to think Arnett is in WAY OVER HIS HEAD.

vCash
    At this point, I do not think he is doing his dd. I think he is in over his head. I don't think he was ready for this position. I hope he proves me wrong and I eat crow.
    I hope you’re wrong to, but he did get a bowl win, held the class together and added, and has made pretty good hires from I can tell so far. He likes one major hire( almost had KB) and hasn’t rushed it. I’m just worried not too many experienced OCs are interested in us!!! Arnett can’t make them like us. Hope he finds the best out there that will come. But so far, he doesn’t seems over his head to me.

vCash
    We won’t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    We won’t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?
    It seems like he wants to run more of what Dan ran or Briles ran. Which operates best when you have a TRUE dual threat. A guy who can throw and run. More Cade Klubnik than Nick Fitzgerald.

vCash
    Everything ZA has done to this point has been on point.

Top half SEC Defense? Yes
    Restored order after Leach’s death? Yes
    Held recruiting class together? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes
    Making quality staff hires? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can’t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn’t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Same here. Hopefully he ends up being a genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Same here. Hopefully he ends up being a genius.
    I hope the same thing. And maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with the OC hire.

vCash
    If we bringing in the Willie fritz offense, nagle better bring in Michael Pratt with him or get spencer sanders. Poor will would die running that offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Restored order after Leach?s death? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can?t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn?t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    One of your best posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Restored order after Leach’s death? Yes
    Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can’t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn’t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall
    Basically everything I said earlier. I can’t point to a failure yet by CZA. More important to get the OC hire right than rush it, and we still won’t know till fall.

vCash
    Unless Cam Newton, Bryce Young, Hooker, Tua, etc. walks through that door, Will starts.

It?s ridiculous to think otherwise.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Willie Fritz is a defensive guy. He's always let an offense coordinator handle the offense.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 01-11-2023 at 11:51 PM.