Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    https://www.on3.com/news/southern-st...ks-per-capita/

Tell me where Texas ranks per Capita? And look at poor ol missippi....#2
    Ok guys we only need to recruit MS. That Dak Prescott dude sucked. He was from Louisiana. And Chris Parson sucks too cause he's from TN and original from Texas. But that Jake Weir is a grinder cause he's from Tupelo. And we need to drop Seth Davis cause he's from Texas and go sign the running back from Jackson Prep cause he's "tough"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Please go on and tell me about how well he has been playing. Please. Go game by game and tell me which ones he played like an SEC quarterback should play against SEC competition. Show them to me.
    3,974 yards 68.0% 35 Td passes to only 8 Ints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Another board is reporting that Nagle was interviewed in Charlotte & looks to be a serious candidate 🤷

It's definitely not going to be Johns
    Is tulane's style his type of offense or was it the OC's? Not sure you or anyone knows this, but it would be nice to know the vision he's selling

vCash
    I wrote a paragraph on this exact question you asked on page 4 of this thread. I?m not writing it out again. Go back and read it. Or don?t. I?m not answering it again Just because you refuse to read what I?ve already said.
    You never answered the "who in the portal". All I saw on page 4 was a plan of action that included going to the portal POST spring. That's not a decent plan at all.

vCash
    Thanks?..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it?s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren?t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it?s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don?t k ow though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.
    Malik Hornsby....good lord man. You really don't know football. Wow, I was at least expecting like Sam Huard or Hank Bachmeir. Or maybe that you'd throw in a solid backup like Jake Garcia at Miami. But Malik Hornsby??? Weren't you the one who just said we don't have to recruit like a CUSA but you want to go recruit a guy who transferred to the Sun Belt?? Come on man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is tulane's style his type of offense or was it the OC's? Not sure you or anyone knows this, but it would be nice to know the vision he's selling
    That's always going to be Willie's offense, but he'll definitely require more QB runs in his offense. But it can't be Nick Fitzgerald or Malik Hornsby back there at QB either. Our best bet is trying to convince a guy like a Jake Garcia or a Bubba Chandler at Clemson that they can come in and compete for the job and maybe win it. Or maybe a guy like Miller Moss at USC who's kind of been buried on the depth chart and they've kind of shifted offensive philosophies.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-11-2023 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    Thanks?..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it?s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren?t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it?s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don?t know though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.
    Yeah I don't want to go back to having Dual Threat system where the QB can't complete 50% of his passes. That's was the rule more than the Dak exception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Malik Hornsby....good lord man. You really don't know football. Wow, I was at least expecting like Sam Huard or Hank Bachmeir. Or maybe that you'd throw in a solid backup like Jake Garcia at Miami. But Malik Hornsby??? Weren't you the one who just said we don't have to recruit like a CUSA but you want to go recruit a guy who transferred to the Sun Belt?? Come on man
    Holy Cow!!! Malik?? He's a 48% passer! YES LET'S ROLL WITH THIS GUY!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    3,974 yards 68.0% 35 Td passes to only 8 Ints.
    I want you to tell me which games he played well in during sec play, specifically. I think he played well against Arkansas (the worst defense in the conference) and Texas A&M. I think he was awful against every other conference team and the bowl game. That?s 7 awful games in my mind. That?s over half the season. Now, show me where I?m wrong. Not with a cumulative stat. Show me with a game by game stat where I?m wrong.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-11-2023 at 10:28 PM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Nagle was the play caller.

vCash
    Guys, we are in uncharted waters with the death of a coach and no AD. Arnett is doing his due diligence I hope because this OC hire is important. If we hired a OC right after KB turned us down just to hurry up and get one hired, it would be a mistake. CZA has had a pile of shit thrown on his plate and hasn’t even had a chance to catch his breath since being named HC. And to rush the OC hire just to try to get transfers is a mistake imo. Would have been great to nail the KB hire and move right into the transfer market, but they didn’t happen. Just get the hire right!! It seems he’s made some respectable hires already, so I’ll just wait and see how it turns out.
    And this talk about not caring if Will leaves is terrible. Our QB room is thin as cat shit right now. We don’t need to lose anyone. I’m not a huge Will fan but tweaking the offense to include a running game could only help Will imo. At least the DL can’t just pin their ears back every play trying to sack the QB. They will at least have to respect the run more. Hopefully running more helps our passing game and Will too. All our wins came when our running attempts were higher.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I said it depends on which offense we run. If we run an offense that requires a quarterback to run the football Malik Hornsby would beat the breaks off of Will Rogers every single time. He isn’t the only option. The kid from ULM that transferred to north Texas would be a great option. The kid from Oregon State that is visiting Indiana this week would be an option. The offense we run will determine what we need at quarterback.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-11-2023 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    That's always going to be Willie's offense, but he'll definitely require more QB runs in his offense. But it can't be Nick Fitzgerald or Malik Hornsby back there at QB either.
    Well it's being reported that he interviewed with Arnett, Friend, and Peterson and that he is more than in the running.

To me, that's some messed up crap.

A guy who called plays 1 year?

You bring in 2 offensive guys that would work for him to help interview him?

Mess up IMO

vCash
    Maybe as a co-OC?

vCash
    Well it's being reported that he interviewed with Arnett, Friend, and Peterson and that he is more than in the running.

To me, that's some messed up crap.

A guy who called plays 1 year?

You bring in 2 offensive guys that would work for him to help interview him?

Mess up IMO
    Yea it's probably gonna be him. The other thing I see being a possibility is we're gonna name him Co-OC/RGC/TE Coach and bring in Arnett's buddy Ryan Lindley and have him be Co-OC/PGC/QB Coach

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Holy Cow!!! Malik?? He's a 48% passer! YES LET'S ROLL WITH THIS GUY!
    If we run an offense that requires mobility, Hornsby would be much better than what we are going to trot out there with Will Rogers. If we run some sort of modified air raid, that obviously won’t be the case. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Maybe as a co-OC?
    And TE coach. I can't see us hiring him as the play caller though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Nagle was the play caller.
    Right, but was he calling plays in his offense?

vCash
    I want you to tell me which games he played well in during sec play, specifically. I think he played well against Arkansas (the worst defense in the conference) and Texas A&M. I think he was awful against every other conference team and the bowl game. That’s 7 awful games in my mind. ThTs over half the season. Now, show me where I’m wrong. Not with a cumulative stat. Show me with a game by game stat where I’m wrong.
    Let's see.. 9 wins. LOl.. ok.

Just pulling a couple of games up. 69.25% vs Ole Miss.

71% vs Auburn

vCash
    Right, but was he calling plays in his offense?
    No. That is Willie Fritz's offense. He may have been calling plays, but he's calling it out of Fritz's playbook.