Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.
    I know we need more than te. Need qb's too. It's not like our pool is going to be great anyway. No matter when we went after them. Meaning qb and wr. We have a ton of wr coming back. And a 3 year starter at qb. Which obviously you know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Except for Locke, Robertson, Dillon Johnson, Rara....

Also lost on the LT we thought we had. A kicker. A replacement for DJ- Smoke, and multiple WR targets.
    The two qb we're gonna bale no matter. I was referring to bullets dodged w players that are still here. And there are no nervous ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I know we need more than te. Need qb's too. It's not like our pool is going to be great anyway. No matter when we went after them. Meaning qb and wr. We have a ton of wr coming back. And a 3 year starter at qb. Which obviously you know.
    I know we have bodies. We need players. We need a dawg on the outside. Polk was reliable that disappeared

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Your disdain for Bumphis is well known, who would you have hired?
    Both our WR coaches went to be OC's, it's not like we ran them out of town, we just weren't going to promote them.
    There's plenty of people we could've hire. Daikiel Shorts at Houston, Kodi Burns who's with the Saints but was with Tennessee last year, Luke Huard or Dennis Simmons at USC, DJ Mangas who helped architect that offense at LSU with Joe Brady, Ricky Turner at Samford.......or and this is wild......we could've let the OC bring in who he wanted to.

And look, Bumphis may end up being ok. But he has no recruiting ties anywhere the Southeast and he's coached receivers in a run first spread. Our receiver room is as talented as it's ever been right now. I worry about bringing in some guy who doesn't have either strong recruiting ties to an area or a track record of developing guys to be NFL prospects.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-11-2023 at 07:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    There's plenty of people we could've hire. Daikiel Shorts at Houston, Kodi Burns who's with the Saints but was with Tennessee last year, Luke Huard or Dennis Simmons at USC, DJ Mangas who helped architect that offense at LSU with Joe Brady, Ricky Turner at Samford.......or and this is wild......we could've let the OC bring in who he wanted to.
    I would love to know what we offered Briles. We could have offered 2 million and probably closed the deal. In MSU fashion, we probably tried to get him for 1.5 or less.

vCash
    I would love to know what we offered Briles. We could have offered 2 million and probably closed the deal. In MSU fashion, we probably tried to get him for 1.5 or less.
    It wasn?t enough to to convince his wife

vCash

We need to find a way to get into the Walker Howard sweepstakes and the crazy thing is.....we have a pretty damn big in

vCash

1.85. We would've gone to 2 if that's what he asked for.

vCash
    It wasn?t enough to to convince his wife
    hadn't heard that rumor.

vCash
    I think we are close to 100 percent agreement.

Harmon ain?t moving he will jump in the portal if we ask.

I bring up the money part bc right now we are just giving kids reasons to listen to offers. Nobody is waiting on us.

I like Turner bc I know enough of his former players that swear by him. I dont know enough about Friend other than he has been around. It makes sense to hire Bump but I am with you we should not have ran off Hollingshead. Or Miller. I hate it.

Yall are gonna freak and this is my opinion, im not sure Arnett is calling all these shots
    Arnett is calling the shots. Brad is just there to help things. But this is z A's deal.

vCash
    We need to find a way to get into the Walker Howard sweepstakes and the crazy thing is.....we have a pretty damn big in
    We don't have 1/10th of the money needed for Howard.

vCash
    1.85. We would've gone to 2 if that's what he asked for.
    we offered 1.85? Damn, can't complain about that.

vCash
    We don't have 1/10th of the money needed for Howard.
    Walker Howard is a Howard....as in Howard Industries. As in started by MSU Alum Billy Howard. We got all the money we need. He's probably headed to a blue blood, but make no mistake that we could get in this thing if there was interest on his part.

vCash
    Walker Howard is a Howard....as in Howard Industries. As in started by MSU Alum Billy Howard. We got all the money we need. He's probably headed to a blue blood, but make no mistake that we could get in this thing if there was interest on his part.
    So the Howard's gonna pony up to over own money for him to come here??? Like I said, we don't have enough money to get in the game. And as you said- he doesn't want to be here so there's that.

vCash
    Yeah he is a Howard but that side of the family and the jones county Howard's ain't that close. I know the Howard's well and Jamie(Walkers dad)wasn't going to State and neither is Walker.

ETA it would be awesome to get him but just don't see anyway it's happening.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-11-2023 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he is a Howard but that side of the family and the jones county Howard's ain't that close. I know the Howard's well and Jamie(Walkers dad)wasn't going to State and neither is Walker.
    They're not THAT close. I know the Jones Co. Howard's all very well and they do know that side of the family and interact with them. It would be hard to pull but I know they'd love to have a Howard under center for State. They're a great family and are 100% ALL DAWG. Mr. Billy has done loads for the University on multiple occasions through the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen put us in a bind and we are way behind and that was before he left.
    Geez, how many years will your obsession last. Get over it already. You do the same shit over at SPS.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    They're not THAT close. I know the Jones Co. Howard's all very well and they do know that side of the family and interact with them. It would be hard to pull but I know they'd love to have a Howard under center for State. They're a great family and are 100% ALL DAWG. Mr. Billy has done loads for the University on multiple occasions through the years.
    Yes I agree with that and I've known Billy and Linda a long, long time, my brother in law dated Cindy for awhile, and while they interact there's been some division there that goes back awhile. It would be a great get but it's pie in the sky. Yes they're a great family that gives to State and to all our Jones county schools

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Geez, how many years will your obsession last. Get over it already. You do the same shit over at SPS.
    It?s amazing how our NIL doubled within a few weeks of Cohen leaving.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Too late. Arnett showed the staff how loyal he is by firing most of them. And anyone who doesn't think the OC search is an abject failure to this point is a maroon suck up. He is off to an awful start. No offensive direction, 3 of the 4 qb on campus walked, and no OC for us to bring in transfers at this point.
    Our offense has sucked against anyone worth a shit and Arnett saw it up close and personal. He’s trying to fix that side of the ball, because it’s broken.