Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: UGA Game

vCash
    We're sixteen games in. What we see is what we have. This is a talent issue and we just have to ask what do we want to get out of the last fifteen games. I'll have to think about that one.

vCash
    Has the recruiting picked up? Can Jans recruit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    We have 3 3-stars and an UR player signed. We're 10th in the sec in composite, but the teams we're ahead of only have 1 commit or 2. Our avg per recruit is worst in the sec. In fact our avg per recruit is the worst in the sec since 2020 mizzou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We have 3 3-stars and an UR player signed. We're 10th in the sec in composite, but the teams we're ahead of only have 1 commit or 2. Our avg per recruit is worst in the sec. In fact our avg per recruit is the worst in the sec since 2020 mizzou.
    Gotta go slow for me 7. What's a UR player? Unranked/unrated maybe?
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 01-11-2023 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yes.

Actually 2020 mizzou only signed 1 player. The last sec school that signed 3 or more with an avg per recruit less than 86 was South Carolina in 2016. On paper, this is an abysmal class

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Hamilton, dang I couldn?t remember that guys name. Yes they all need more minutes. And I wouldn?t be worried for who we are taking off the court, they can?t make shots anyway.
    Tang Hamilton is his Dad.

vCash
    NM. Would be piling on.

vCash
    So far his recruiting has been bad. None of the players he brought in this year have been good and the recruiting class he currently has for next year looks no better on paper.

Jans is recruiting New Mexico State style players to the SEC and that won't work.

vCash
    OK guys if you will lead me by the hand a little here. As much as I love sports have never been a big fan of following recruiting. But for our basketball team it is critical.

Have most high school seniors already decided where they are going to play in college and signed or is that still open for us to upgrade talent? And when will the portal open for basketball?
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 01-11-2023 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Yes.

Actually 2020 mizzou only signed 1 player. The last sec school that signed 3 or more with an avg per recruit less than 86 was South Carolina in 2016. On paper, this is an abysmal class
    Based on year to date, he will play them ahead of Howland's last young recruits, if they are still here.

vCash
    OK guys if you will lead me by the hand a little here. As much as I love sports have never been a big fan of following recruiting. But for our basketball team it is critical.

Have most high seniors already decided where they are going to play in college and signed or is that still open for us to upgrade talent? And when will the portal open for basketball?
    44 of the top 50 have already signed and and 78 of the top 100. Out of the top 100 only 7 or 8 are uncommitted. Portal will open at the end of the season and that will be when we have to get an infusion of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Jans prefers to play his people, even minutes tonight for a walk on, Jones. Stevenson, his three guards in Davis, Reed, & Horton contribute very little. Tolo is a headcase this early in the season. Give McNair more minutes until he gets it together. His horrible free throw average is killing us.
    I've noticed that as well. I don't know what he sees in the guys he brought in but none of them are SEC caliber. The closest of the guys he brought is Davis but he isn't consistent
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 01-11-2023 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    7-22 FTs??? I would make everyone on the team shoot 100 FTs, every practice. Unacceptable
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    44 of the top 50 have already signed and and 78 of the top 100. Out of the top 100 only 7 or 8 are uncommitted. Portal will open at the end of the season and that will be when we have to get an infusion of talent.
    Wow. So guessing there was an early signing period in the fall and a large number signed early. Where does it show who we have in this 2023 class already. Is it realistic to believe we can score some real talent via the portal with NIL money?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    7-22 FTs??? I would make everyone on the team shoot 100 FTs, every practice. Unacceptable
    In conference...
    45/91 (.495)

vCash
    In conference...
    45/91 (.495)
    Oh my gosh. It's even worse than I intuitively thought.

vCash
    OK. Found the four players you're referring to. Three front guys and one unrated shooting guard. Hoo boy. So understand now why Starkvegas basically said it's the portal for us or bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I've noticed that as well. I don't know what he sees in the guys he brought in but none of them are SEC caliber. The closest of the guys he brought is Davis but he isn't consistent
    Davis played on a Oregon State team that went 3-28, 1-19 in the conference last year. Best player on a bad team might be a real stretch here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We play incredibly hard. I am all for Jans
    THIS!! If Howland was still here, we would be getting beat by 20+ to the likes of UM, USCe, UGA, etc. We have great athletes who have been taught to play great defense, but they possess less than mediocre basketball talent. They have no "touch" around the rim (hence the number of missed layups and other short point-blank shots, and they are horrible free throw shooters. You cannot make chicken salad out of chiicken shat. I'm all for Jans and I'm sure he will find some basketball players out there somewhere.