Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zac Selmon is our new AD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We aren't looking to "woke" things up or are being forced into some diversity hire. We have a guy from a pretty good football pedigree that played in college- now is into the admin side of things. He obviously impressed enough to beat out other candidates. Let's roll.

If we are being honest- the cheerleader and the baseball coach didn't set the bar overly high.
    Did anyone say this was a woke hire? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere. This is just a good hire. Selmon is a solid hire with a good track record in fundraising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    What are the chances he brings Leah Beasley back with him? The external affairs job is open again. Make her a Senior Executive AD and roll.
    0.01%. Leah wants to be an AD soon and sees Oklahoma as a better program to make that leap from.

vCash
    So let's announce something already!!! AD. OC. Equipment Manager. Anything!!!

vCash

Elwood: "We got first time HC, a first time AD and a very green OC. It's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
    Jake: "Hit it!"
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash

New AD will work out just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Did anyone say this was a woke hire? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere. This is just a good hire. Selmon is a solid hire with a good track record in fundraising.
    Zac Selmon has been the Asst. Ad at Oklahoma and was being groomed to replace Joe Castiglione, one of the finest AD's in the country. As a Sooner fan, I wish Zac and Mississippi State the best and hope that maybe we can have him back in a few years. He is definitely not an "affirmative action" hire. He has done an excellent job in fund raising
    and will add class to any program he is associated with.

vCash
    Preparations began at the Bryan Building today for a press conference tomorrow so I?d expect official word from the university sometime tonight on Selmon.

vCash
    Would we be the only SEC school other than Vandy to hire a black AD?
    Last edited by Saltydog; 01-12-2023 at 08:57 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Are we the only other SEC school other than Vandy to hire a black AD?
    UGA had a black guy around 2010. He got fired after getting pulled over with a female and drunk. Nice guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    UGA had a black guy around 2010. He got fired after getting pulled over with a female and drunk. Nice guy.
    Can he play TE?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Good god, I hope not
    There's always one....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Would we be the only SEC school other than Vandy to hire a black AD?

No, I think Auburn hired a black AD in 2018, but he resigned or was fired last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    What are the chances he brings Leah Beasley back with him? The external affairs job is open again. Make her a Senior Executive AD and roll.
    Not only hell no. But hell mother ****ing no..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    There's always one....
    yeah, one who looks at things rationally
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    yeah, one who looks at things rationally
    What are your issues with him? I read the whole thread. Maybe I missed it though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    What are your issues with him? I read the whole thread. Maybe I missed it though
    that there are safer hires and we aren't in the position where we had to gamble on a maybe
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    that there are safer hires and we aren't in the position where we had to gamble on a maybe
    I agree the hire seems to be somewhat "wokeish". We are passing over the GA Southern AD for a guy that has never been an AD.

vCash
    aGAIN I say- the previous 2 AD's were average at best. They were hired away to be yes men to handle the little shit the Big Boys didnt want to deal with.

Could this guy really be worse than them? What could he do worse than them? AD is probably the easiest job on campus other than teaching PE in the PE dept
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    ask Anyone at Oklahoma, that was at Oklahoma while ZS was there , or anyone that is in the sports business if this was a good hire or not .
    The answer that has come back 100% of the time is YES

If you don’t have connections or avenues to ask these questions then your opinion about the hire is just that your opinion and it’s prob wrong

vCash
    Safer? What does that mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Safer? What does that mean?
    I think he means benko or a guy who's been an ad before.