Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zac Selmon is our new AD?

vCash
    This would not only be a home run hire but a grand slam..

vCash
    Back in the 70's, I had a chance to have dinner with Lucious, Switzer and a high school player (RB James Berry who ended up at Tn. Anyway, I had a really good friend who was a huge Oklahoma fan. He had contacted Switzer about James Berry, so he and Lucious who was on the staff came to Mississippi to do in house recruiting. We all met at my friend's house who had hired a caterer to cook dinner. Anyway, my friend picked up Switzer and Lucious at the airport and gave them the "scoop" on Berry. After Dinner, Switzer asked my friend if he could borrow his car and take Berry home. I asked why Switzer wanted to take him home, he told me he was "cutting the deal", LOL! But that night Lucious who was very entertaining and such a great guy, told some of the funniest stories growing up poor, sleeping in the same bed with his brothers, riding in a wagon because they couldn't afford a vehicle and playing for the Sooners and Switzer.
    Switzer was charming but he also was very arrogant but nice, his charming was fun to watch entertaining Berry. Lucious was down to earth, Berry played at Tn and stayed hurt pretty much the whole time he was at Tn. He was a great High School running back from Natchez, I remember going to Memphis to watch us play Tn in a day game when Bob Tyler was coaching, and we upset Tn that day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Friend of mine just texted me. Confirmation?
    Good god, I hope not
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Good god, I hope not
    Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    This would not only be a home run hire but a grand slam..
    Ya'll probably know more than me. Seems a lot of people like him, my only reservation is the fundraising side of things. It's easy to fundraise at a blue blood and say look what I've done. We aren't a blue blood. It takes a different type of fundraising here I would think. I could easily be wrong. Like I said, it seems like a really good hire on the surface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Why?
    Do you want someone with that limited experiance hiring your next coaches? 4 month search and you go with a guy who has never been an AD? Just seems like a gamble we shouldn't have to take
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Do you want someone with that limited experiance hiring your next coaches? 4 month search and you go with a guy who has never been an AD? Just seems like a gamble we shouldn't have to take
    Its a done deal, Selmon is the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Ya'll probably know more than me. Seems a lot of people like him, my only reservation is the fundraising side of things. It's easy to fundraise at a blue blood and say look what I've done. We aren't a blue blood. It takes a different type of fundraising here I would think. I could easily be wrong. Like I said, it seems like a really good hire on the surface.
    True but I feel like this is the type of hire you need to make if you are serious about continuing to elevate your athletic program. Plus any fundraising effort will seem superhuman in comparison to Cohen.

vCash
    Wait, Bracky turned down the job? I thought he was the hire!! I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked!***

vCash
    Thank God you're not in charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Its a done deal, Selmon is the guy.
    Outstanding!!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Byrne, the Ninja, was a first time AD

vCash
    Selmon is a good hire. We've broken the chains of MSU good ole boy bullshit! Finally!!!

vCash
    Two words for anyone scoffing at this hire --- John. Cohen.

vCash
    I'm waiting for Bert Stare to confirm.

vCash
    I like the hire. Now let's see if he can deliver and what he can do to make MSU better.

vCash
    This has the potential to be Byrne 2.0. It's a damn good hire.

vCash
    We aren't looking to "woke" things up or are being forced into some diversity hire. We have a guy from a pretty good football pedigree that played in college- now is into the admin side of things. He obviously impressed enough to beat out other candidates. Let's roll.

If we are being honest- the cheerleader and the baseball coach didn't set the bar overly high.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When are we going to fire somebody? Lemonis has won our lone NC, and basketball and football are new hires. He won?t be replacing any of those for at least 3-4 years respectively.

vCash
    What are the chances he brings Leah Beasley back with him? The external affairs job is open again. Make her a Senior Executive AD and roll.