Thread: Sawyer to Baylor and Locke to Wisconsin

vCash

Sawyer to Baylor and Locke to Wisconsin

Better hope will doesn't get hurt next season

vCash
    Gonna feel sick when 1 or both blow up at their new destinations....

vCash
    We're State fans. We know there's a fair chance it will bite us in the ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Better hope will doesn't get hurt next season
    I get it, but today is a day of play now or leave for most. Sawyer was gonna leave no matter. We don't know how good locke will be. He might be a world beater. He's just a fr. If Will left we had no starting qb. Fact is we don't have enough nil $ to get a great qb in the portal. Just a fact.

vCash
    The earliest either one of them would've played is 2024 or 2025 if Will used all his eligibility. No qb stays around at a place that long anymore just to sit and watch, just not the way it is today and it's happening to everyone not just us.

vCash
    I totally get them leaving. I'm just concerned when I see us linked to OCs that like to run the ball with the qb, and all we have is will. Qb runs result in banged up qbs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I totally get them leaving. I'm just concerned when I see us linked to OCs that like to run the ball with the qb, and all we have is will. Qb runs result in banged up qbs
    I agree but I can't see any oc we hire calling a bunch of qb run plays with Will. If we can see he's not a running qb I'm sure anyone we hire as oc will know it as well. There's plenty of ways to run the ball without using the qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The earliest either one of them would've played is 2024 or 2025 if Will used all his eligibility. No qb stays around at a place that long anymore just to sit and watch, just not the way it is today and it's happening to everyone not just us.
    Well if we're moving to a more run based system we're screwed the next couple of years with our current qb. Hopefully we can find a portal guy to help. I wish Locke and Sawyer the best.

vCash
    It will be on the new OC to get a guy by the summer to come in and give depth. He may even bring a guy that can compete to start. We simply don't know but one thing is for sure, this is a different world we live in with the portal.

If you have two decent options at QB, a multi-year starter and a young guy that could be a stud for the future, then count your blessings.

I am amazed that Sawyer didn't leave last year. You cannot expect to keep a 4 star guy on the bench for more than a year or two before they go look for a place to play. We may have kept one of Sawyer or Locke if Leach were still here but it's not like we planned for this to happen.

Bottom line - the sky is not falling - we have two guys and I expect at least one out of the portal before the season starts.

vCash
    Interesting thing is, Baylor is basically like us - everyone but the starter has hit the portal. So, at worst Robertson is QB #2.
    Locke seems to have landed the better situation. Wisky's QB 1 is going to Florida, so the job is open. But, he will have Tanner Mordecai (SMU 2 year starter) and Nick Evers (Okla. former 4 star) to compete with.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18