Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC name of interest- Slade Nagle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I missed it where we hired him.... bobo was our hire remember
    That's kinda my point. He's not it. Or, as I said before, we're going to have co-oc. My concern is losing players if this doesn't go right. We sure seem bent on a more run heavy offense and that's going to cost us big time if true.

vCash
    By play count (not yardage), Tulane was 60-40 run this year. I don't think we should try that here, basically ever, but especially not with our current personnel.

vCash
    Nahhhh I'm good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    That's disappointing as far as I'm concerned. Tweaking was what I was hoping for but hey....I'm just one in the minority I guess.
    What I mean is, no matter what we change to it's changing in a big way. Nobody besides CML ran what we did. Nobody. Nothing close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    By play count (not yardage), Tulane was 60-40 run this year. I don't think we should try that here, basically ever, but especially not with our current personnel.
    2 teams that we compare to favorably in the sec talent-wise, OM and ark both run the ball at 60%. Both finished in top
    5 of sec in total offense, both finished top 6 in conf only games, and both finished top 15 nationally. Here's our ranks...

Sec all games - 8th
    Conf only - 11th
    Nationally - 62nd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    2 teams that we compare to favorably in the sec talent-wise, OM and ark both run the ball at 60%. Both finished in top
    5 of sec in total offense, both finished top 6 in conf only games, and both finished top 15 nationally. Here's our ranks...

Sec all games - 8th
    Conf only - 11th
    Nationally - 62nd
    And they both finished unranked, unlike us.

vCash
    Total def nationally...
    OM #75
    Ark #124

Offense wasn't losing them games, and offense wasn't winning us games
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-10-2023 at 11:32 PM.

vCash
    Was that because of their offense or defense though? And I'm more in line with being closer to 50/50 with what we have coming back and an OC that's adaptable to his personnel. But their records are more indicative of poor defenses than offenses. Ark was 13th in the league and OM 9th

vCash
    Hahaha!!!

vCash
    Total def nationally...
    OM #75
    Ark #124

Exactly.

Too many are getting hung up on keeping a pass happy offense the longer this OC hire takes. People forget that the offense didn't win us many, if any, games this year. They were the reason we didn't win more. I'm personally not too worried yet, and won't be until I see the hire...because there is little room to go but up on that side of the ball. Arnett is probably thinking, "even if we aren't good on offense, if we can at least be a little more balanced maybe my defense won't be exhausted while trying to win us the game". Hard to blame him after watching how putrid the offense has been the last few years.
    I'm still quietly hoping we may get Johns from Duke, though at this point I doubt it or he would have already been hired.

vCash
    Total def nationally...
    OM #75
    Ark #124

Great post

vCash
    Total def nationally...
    OM #75
    Ark #124

Nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Tulane played the 65th SOS and that's with USC included. They played a terrible schedule.
    And they would have beaten us had we played. With much less talent. And less fan and NIL SUPPORT.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Because they had 2 of the worst defenses in the conference. Anyone that watched our offense this year and wanted to keep doing that stupid shit is a glutton for punishment. Arnett’s defense saved our team’s ass all year. Our offense against anyone with a pulse was horrible.

vCash
    If this is your argument, tell me where Tulane finished in the final poll......

vCash
    I don't know who I the hell we hire. But we will be active in the te portal. And that doesn't tell me or anyone else what type of offense we are going to run.
    With $$$??? Because I will donate more for this

vCash
    I don't think "I don't think we should shift to a 60% run offense" is an equivalent argument to "I want to keep this exact offense we had in 2022 with Rogers," even as some of you are trying to spin it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Tulane played the 65th SOS and that's with USC included. They played a terrible schedule.
    Similar to Washington, UCLA, and UCF. We all still acknowledge that those offenses are good.

Significantly better SOS than Duke, and people obviously aren?t holding that against Johns.

vCash
    Steve throwing Darts again.

vCash
    At this point, MSU football will take anyone they can get....run or pass philosophy.

We are talking about a guy that has been a career position coach at a G5 and lesser.