Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC name of interest- Slade Nagle

vCash

New OC name of interest- Slade Nagle

Per Steve, he's a new name of interest.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/staff-di...lade-nagle/200

Called plays during Tulane's bowl game vs USC (and the second half of the season) and just got promoted. Tulane's current OC, Jim Svoboda, is headed to Iowa.
    Last edited by Big4Dawg; 01-10-2023 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he called plays the entire year. But I have no idea if he's on the list or not. I do know, nobody has been offered the job... at present.

vCash
    He was TE coach all season, and just got promoted this week. would be odd if that was indeed true

vCash
    Yes he got officially promoted last week he called plays all year.

vCash
    Interesting. I know that offense sure was fun to watch.

vCash
    Not exactly "Air Raid" tree. Tulane is top 20 in rushing yardage.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 01-10-2023 at 09:34 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I don't know who I the hell we hire. But we will be active in the te portal. And that doesn't tell me or anyone else what type of offense we are going to run.

vCash
    If you subscribe to The Athletic, they had a really good article on Nagle. Essentially, Fritz credited a lot of Tulane?s turnaround to handing the playcalling duties to Nagle.

vCash
    Interesting. Had a fantastic year for sure. Short on experience as OC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know who I the hell we hire. But we will be active in the te portal. And that doesn't tell me or anyone else what type of offense we are going to run.
    Not enough time to learn a new offense which is exactly what's probably going to happen. Our oline will probably be falling over each other the first 4 weeks of the season. I have no expectations for next season at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Not enough time to learn a new offense which is exactly what's probably going to happen. Our oline will probably be falling over each other the first 4 weeks of the season. I have no expectations for next season at the moment.
    Don't get over dramatic. Even if we stay air raid, nobody I mean nobody runs what leach ran. Terminology changes. Plays change. No matter who we hire, the offenses is changing. In a big way.

vCash
    You can learn 90% of a new offense in Spring Practice. You then have 5 weeks of Fall practice before you play your first game. We have a veteran offense and will adapt just fine
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is he Schloss Nagle’s son?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Is he Schloss Nagle’s son?***
    I remember ol' Schloss... Big guy, kinda fat, hell of a fisherman.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Tulane played the 65th SOS and that's with USC included. They played a terrible schedule.

vCash
    Hahahahahahaha
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Not exactly "Air Raid" tree. Tulane is top 20 in rushing yardage.

Yeah, dude, it'd be a massive shift philosophically. Tulane ran 60% of the time this season. They were a damn solid offense, though. Top 20 nationally in points per drive and % of available yards gained, which was among the best in their conference. It'd be an interesting transition given our personnel. If Arnett's looking at AAC coordinators, I wonder if he'd look at Woods at SMU (who I think MS7 might've mentioned in one of the massive OC threads at one point) and Dawson at Houston. Both of those offenses were right there with Tulane statistically but more pass-heavy (though still far more balanced that we were under Leach). Woods is about as green as the Tulane dude as an OC, but he's been a part of lots of success at Auburn and Ark St. And of course Dawson's been around for a while with varying degrees of, uh, failure?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Tulane played the 65th SOS and that's with USC included. They played a terrible schedule.
    I missed it where we hired him.... bobo was our hire remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Don't get over dramatic. Even if we stay air raid, nobody I mean nobody runs what leach ran. Terminology changes. Plays change. No matter who we hire, the offenses is changing. In a big way.
    That's disappointing as far as I'm concerned. Tweaking was what I was hoping for but hey....I'm just one in the minority I guess.