Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiffin's Offical Contract Sheet

vCash
    I will hire a Lane to be my consultant on retainer for 8 years. Oh, his only duty is to breathe air. Done. I didn't hire him to work for the University. I hired him to breathe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Show me the laws saying the collectives can?t give a coach a deal. I?ll be waiting because they are a business and can give contracts to whomever they want.
    It's literally in every part of the law. Just pull it up for yourself. It's incredibly easy to find. NIL is for student athletes only. They absolutely cannot divert NIL funds to pay a coach.

vCash
    So its against the law. Who will do anything about it?

vCash
    Guys the point is OM, the university itself, announced they are giving Lane a 6-8 year deal and have a way to write that contract to get around the state law because of the funds and terms will go through the private foundation. But again, as they have tried this before, they cannot give him a contract longer than 4 years per state law and what they had ultimately file was his complete compensation, even the private funds, and the 4 year term. Because the state and the IHL will not allow that contract to be written to COACH for a public university. To allow that is to disband the IHL and state governance for all employee contracts at the university's. They cannot allow a precedent for a coach, to do so would allow a private foundation to hire a university president and AD for 20 years if we so choose...but you cannot. The state constitution will not allow it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    So its against the law. Who will do anything about it?
    Nobody has to because they wrote 4 year contract because they could not circumvent the law

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's literally in every part of the law. Just pull it up for yourself. It's incredibly easy to find. NIL is for student athletes only. They absolutely cannot divert NIL funds to pay a coach.
    The laws on state what athletes do. It doesn?t regulate what the business (collective) can and can?t do.

Pick up the phone and call Charlie and ask him if the bulldog collective wanted to enter into an agreement with Arnett if they legally could.

vCash
    The laws on state what athletes do. It doesn?t regulate what the business (collective) can and can?t do.

Pick up the phone and call Charlie and ask him if the bulldog collective wanted to enter into an agreement with Arnett if they legally could.
    With NIL money? You have lost the plot dude. NIL money cannot be used to pay a coach. You have continuously brought up using NIL money. That is to pay the student athletes. Coaches can't get paid from that money and they can't put money into the NIL fund.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-11-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    With NIL money? You have lost the plot dude. NIL money cannot be used to pay a coach. You have continuously brought up using NIL money. That is to pay the student athletes. Coaches can't get paid from that money and they can't put money into the NIL fund.
    What is NIL money and what mechanism is Ole Miss Alum using to collect it? Is this mechanism a free business and can enter into whatever contract with parties they see fit? Who regulates what contracts this free enterprise business enters into besides standard IRS rules?

vCash
    What is NIL money and what mechanism is Ole Miss Alum using to collect it? Is this mechanism a free business and can enter into whatever contract with parties they see fit? Who regulates what contracts this free enterprise business enters into besides standard IRS rules?
    NIL money is used to compensate student athletes ONLY for their Name, Image and Likeness. The student athlete enters into a contract that they have to notify the university within 72 hours to review and it has to comply with NCAA rules and state law. (Federal law and regulation pending). In no way can an employee of the university, namely the HC for this discussion, can be apart of those deals. Either for themselves, to put money into the NIL fund, or to even be a part of the actual deal for the student athlete. Private business or not, they still have to comply with state law.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-11-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    NIL money is used to compensate student athletes ONLY for their Name, Image and Likeness. The student athlete enters into a contract that they have to notify the university within 72 hours to review and it has to comply with NCAA rules and state law. (Federal law and regulation pending). In no way can an employee of the university, namely the HC for this discussion, can be apart of those deals. Either for themselves, to put money into the NIL fund, or to even be a part of the actual deal for the student athlete. Private business or not, they still have to comply with state law.
    Show me in that offer sheet/contract kiffin is about to sign where it states he can?t have endorsement deals.

vCash
    Show me in that offer sheet/contract kiffin is about to sign where it states he can?t have endorsement deals.
    Man look you are completely mixing up NIL money and what it can be used for. You are just completely wrong. Of course he can, they all do. Hell Saban and Prime are on every commercial break with AFLAC. That is completely irrelevant to NIL money and how they can be used and his actual contract with the university to coach for them, the total compensation and terms of that contract. Which is accounted for in that official term sheet, 4 years only and ALL compensation, including private monies, are accounted for.

vCash
    Some of these threads just go on and on and I give up trying to read them . Good example is the OC hot board right now with almost 700 replies

I will say this about kiffin

I don?t know exactly how the lane kiffin saga ends at ole miss but I will tell you this

They have 2 automatic losses built into their schedule next season

@alabama L
    @ UGA L

then they play at home vs LSU who in my opinion will be even better next year and win the west again so that?s another loss

@ auburn with Hugh Freeze
    @ miss st

They will lose one of those games Atleast
    If we can get an offense that will just be more consistent and can put Atleast 30 points on them , I think we beat them in starkville

Vs Arkansas
    Vs vandy
    Vs A&M
    I think they win 2 of those 3

The game that can cause an absolute panic mode fire kiffin frenzy in oxford is week 2
    @Tulane

If they lose @Tulane in week 2 , they are set up for a season that they will struggle to make a bowl game

I?m not sure that Ole Miss will be better this season than last season

They are losing their 2 best receivers Mingo and Heath

Losing 2 of their best defensive players

Losing Zach Evans

They are going to go Heavy Transfer portal again and doing that every single year will not lead to sustained success

My prediction for them next season is 7-5

Archimedes
    vCash
    Man look you are completely mixing up NIL money and what it can be used for. You are just completely wrong. Of course he can, they all do. Hell Saban and Prime are on every commercial break with AFLAC. That is completely irrelevant to NIL money and how they can be used and his actual contract with the university to coach for them, the total compensation and terms of that contract. Which is accounted for in that official term sheet, 4 years only and ALL compensation, including private monies, are accounted for.
    No you are missing the point. The Grove Collective signed Kiffin to a 2 year agreement for the period of 1-1-27 thru 12-31-28 for whatever amount they agreed upon. This gives kiffin his 9 million over 6 years and skirts state law.

Is this smart of ole miss, probably not. But it?s not against the law either. Kiffin doesn?t care where the money comes from so it?s a win win for him.

vCash
    Guys the point is OM, the university itself, announced they are giving Lane a 6-8 year deal and have a way to write that contract to get around the state law because of the funds and terms will go through the private foundation. But again, as they have tried this before, they cannot give him a contract longer than 4 years per state law and what they had ultimately file was his complete compensation, even the private funds, and the 4 year term. Because the state and the IHL will not allow that contract to be written to COACH for a public university. To allow that is to disband the IHL and state governance for all employee contracts at the university's. They cannot allow a precedent for a coach, to do so would allow a private foundation to hire a university president and AD for 20 years if we so choose...but you cannot. The state constitution will not allow it.
    You are missing (at least) two things. First, the constitution does not say what you think it says. It just says there can't be a contract with the university to be an employee of the university that is longer than 4 years. It doesn't say that university employees can't do endorsement deals or moonlight or otherwise seek additional income outside of their employment contract.

Second, you are missing that there is (currently) no mechanism for the IHL interfere with Lane's contracts with private parties (they may not even have the ability to require it to be produced). The IHL may have the authority to issue regulations or rules that require university employees at a certain level to have anti-moonlighting provisions in their contract and/or require that all compensation be reported and that prohibits employees from accepting third party payments or promises of payment related to continued employment. But they don't have those rules in place now and aren't going to be able to void contracts retroactively. So if Lane has a contract with some third party that is not under the control of the university, and the third party agrees to compensate Kiffin a certain amount if he is not the coach of UM in any or all of the years 5 through 8 and it wasn't because he voluntarily quit or was fired for cause, then the IHL can't raelly do anything about it. IF things go south, the third party might could try to prevent enforcement claiming that it was a way for the university to get around the constitutional limit and shouldn't be enforced, but I'm not sure how viable that claim would be when it's a private party asking the court to relieve him/her/it of the consequences of its own scheme. The worst case scenario would be for them to enforce the payments but then claim that was money de facto donated/pledged to the university and the university officials that signed off on the deal are responsible for restitution to the university.

vCash
    No you are missing the point. The Grove Collective signed Kiffin to a 2 year agreement for the period of 1-1-27 thru 12-31-28 for whatever amount they agreed upon. This gives kiffin his 9 million over 6 years and skirts state law.

Is this smart of ole miss, probably not. But it?s not against the law either. Kiffin doesn?t care where the money comes from so it?s a win win for him.
    You have been constantly saying NIL money. They didn't do that and cannot do that.

They may try to sign him for some endorsement like you are saying with money in another account but it will never be NIL money, that has to be used for student athletes. Any money collected for NIL has to be used for student athletes only.

Monies outside of the NIL that they use for an endorsement, absolutely fine but if he is still there at that point, his coaching contract monies have to come from elsewhere, NOT whatever contract you think he may have signed as an endorsement. Let them get audited for $18 MIL for endorsement money on the books as that they try to use that to pay his coaching contract. So he would have an $18 MIL endorsement deal and then an additional $18 MIL for his coaching salary. Great!! Paying him more and let Sexton renegotiate for even higher monies every year! Fantastic!! But those monies can't mix. They are still an LLC in Mississippi and have federal and state guidelines they have to comply with and NCAA rules they have to adhere too. I know I know but I think we can all agree that nobody thinks it's a good idea to steal NIL money from student athletes to pay a coach who already has millions. The PR hit alone would devastate a program. Never mind the lawsuits and state and federal enforcement.

What they are doing most likely is. they have built end rollover extensions IF he meets certain criteria. Like he gets a bonus if he is still the coach by 12/31 every year for the next 2. That can be in the contract but his actual contract term is 4 years and all money for coaching, private included, is in that contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You are missing (at least) two things. First, the constitution does not say what you think it says. It just says there can't be a contract with the university to be an employee of the university that is longer than 4 years. It doesn't say that university employees can't do endorsement deals or moonlight or otherwise seek additional income outside of their employment contract.

Second, you are missing that there is (currently) no mechanism for the IHL interfere with Lane's contracts with private parties (they may not even have the ability to require it to be produced). The IHL may have the authority to issue regulations or rules that require university employees at a certain level to have anti-moonlighting provisions in their contract and/or require that all compensation be reported and that prohibits employees from accepting third party payments or promises of payment related to continued employment. But they don't have those rules in place now and aren't going to be able to void contracts retroactively. So if Lane has a contract with some third party that is not under the control of the university, and the third party agrees to compensate Kiffin a certain amount if he is not the coach of UM in any or all of the years 5 through 8 and it wasn't because he voluntarily quit or was fired for cause, then the IHL can't raelly do anything about it. IF things go south, the third party might could try to prevent enforcement claiming that it was a way for the university to get around the constitutional limit and shouldn't be enforced, but I'm not sure how viable that claim would be when it's a private party asking the court to relieve him/her/it of the consequences of its own scheme. The worst case scenario would be for them to enforce the payments but then claim that was money de facto donated/pledged to the university and the university officials that signed off on the deal are responsible for restitution to the university.
    I know, I get that but we are not talking about moonlighting or endorsements outside of his coaching contract with the university. He kept stating NIL monies to pay his salary, which can't be done in any form and signing some outside contract that will pay his additional years. He can have that as far as moonlighting but you can't turn around and use that contract money he is receiving as some sort of endorsement to pay his coaching salary. And no matter where the money is coming from, private or otherwise, it has to accounted for to the IHL as far as his coaching salary is concerned. That is directly circumventing the law.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-11-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    I know that but we are not talking about moonlighting or endorsements outside of his coaching contract with the university. He kept stating NIL monies to pay his salary, which can't be done in any form and signing some outside contract that will pay his additional years. He can have that as far as moonlighting but you can't turn around and use that contract money he is receiving as some sort of endorsement to pay his coaching salary. And no matter where the money is coming from, private or otherwise, it has to accounted for to the IHL as far as his coaching salary is concerned. That is directly circumventing the law.
    Me saying NIL is because what people think of when they hear Grove Collective is NIL. Grove Collective came out and said we have 10 million a year right after Auburn said it. Well Grove Collective did get a big bounce because boosters committed to putting money in it to pay Kiffin thru to skirt the 4 year contract term. It?s that simple. Nothing the state can do about it since the Grove Collective can?t be a part of the university per ncaa rules.

vCash
    Me saying NIL is because what people think of when they hear Grove Collective is NIL. Grove Collective came out and said we have 10 million a year right after Auburn said it. Well Grove Collective did get a big bounce because boosters committed to putting money in it to pay Kiffin thru to skirt the 4 year contract term. It?s that simple. Nothing the state can do about it since the Grove Collective can?t be a part of the university per ncaa rules.
    I get what are trying say now but that $10MIL for NIL that they announced was exactly for student athletes. And the boost for NIL has to stay with the student athlete. A separate fund outside of NIL to pay coach/es, fine. They can't let those monies mix and what ever they are paying toward Kiffin's salary out of that fund still has to be and was reported in that contract sent to the IHL. Other wise the school would only report what they are are spending but they can't and didn't. Private or not, his total compensation as an employee of the university has to be disclosed.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    As stated on here before, the offical sheet submitted for approval and obtained by the CL is for 4 years. No mention in writing about additional years. They know the state will not approve more than 4 years, running it through the private foundation makes no difference.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...s/69795792007/
    Some people spend every dime they have on nice things to give the appearance like they are wealthy. The wealthy have all these things and have plenty left over. Guess which one OM is?
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 01-11-2023 at 03:04 PM.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Some people spend their every dime they have on nice things to give the appearance like they are wealthy. The wealthy have all these things and have plenty left over. Guess which one OM is?
    That is so very true