Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sign me up for this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And also I will add, this is exactly what it takes in a pregame speech to get the job done. Sometimes.
    Yeah - it was totally the pregame speech that got the job done. Definitely not the defense full of first rounders. It was the pregame speech.

Do you think the pregame speech would have been effective if UGA's roster was magically replaced by Vandy's roster right before kickoff?

Almost every pregame speech i've ever heard almost always gets forgotten by the 2nd play of the game and then it comes down to who is bigger, stronger and faster and does that team know how to take advantage of that. Some coaches don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Yeah, its easy to look like a genius when you have nothing but 5 and 4 stars, being backed up by 4 and 5 stars.

You put him at Vandy and he can make that same speech and yell and jump around we would kick the shit out of him by 30.

Don't forget before he had all the talent in the world, a terrible bear team with freezus, beat Kirby by 40 points.

I respect Dykes and what he did way more than what Kirby has done.
    Same as Saban. They'll go down in history as the greatest coaches,(Saban), when in reality they stockpiled talent. That's their great attribute. I've seen Saban get out coached in game's multiple times. Then a player would make an unbelievable play to win the game for Bama. Those guys stockpile 5 star players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I'm right there with you on this one Beardo! Why does it take profanity to get your team to perform! What happened to personal pride, team pride, mom, girlfriend and apple pie!
    Uh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The second video is an abridged version for the pearl clutchers.

That's amazing, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Same as Saban. They'll go down in history as the greatest coaches,(Saban), when in reality they stockpiled talent. That's their great attribute. I've seen Saban get out coached in game's multiple times. Then a player would make an unbelievable play to win the game for Bama. Those guys stockpile 5 star players.
    Saban is the greatest recruiter of all time.

Kirby learned from him and did what he did which is lock down the state of Georiga for UGA. Once he did that, he then tried to recruit kids that his biggest rivals needed and got those kids, because not only do those kids help his program, the Tenn, FL or AU's of the world get hit hard because they needed those guys.

Why do you think Saban recruited Louisiana so hard while at Bama and he recruited Bama hard while at LSU?

Do I think they are great game day coaches? I mean, they are fine, but I watched Saban lose to freezus in back to back years. Kirby has figured out the need to go up tempo on offense faster than Saban did. Saban tried to get hurry up offenses banned, but finally adapted, but it took time. Kirby it only took losing Justin Fields to OSU to figure things out.

vCash
    I hope I didn't hijack your thread CD but I'm really happy for Stetson too. He has been through a lot, been doubted, told he wasn't good enough to be the starting QB ( eat crow GA coaches), wanted him replaced by that 5* but he just kept on fighting and proving everybody wrong who doubted him and the main thing he has is that IT factor.

vCash
    Love that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah, its easy to look like a genius when you have nothing but 5 and 4 stars, being backed up by 4 and 5 stars.

You put him at Vandy and he can make that same speech and yell and jump around we would kick the shit out of him by 30.

Don't forget before he had all the talent in the world, a terrible bear team with freezus, beat Kirby by 40 points.

Ladd McConkey and Stetson Bennett weren't 4* or 5* stars coming to UGA, but besides that I will agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Ladd McConkey and Stetson Bennett weren't 4* or 5* stars coming to UGA, but besides that I will agree with you.
    I think being 25 years old and having the country's best TE, a stable of NFL RB's, and an elite OL helps him a ton, but he definitely was way better than anyone thought.

vCash

This board's come a long way from "Kirby wont do as well as Richt did at Georgia"

B2B titles and this year was a rebuild. Georgia thinks they will be better next year than this year with the X factor being QB play of course
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    Pretty sure this was before the SEC CG. None the less, fire and energy. I'm sure the TCU Pregame was just as empowering.
    I?m pretty sure you are right, he clearly says they got their shit rocked by whoever 2 years ago, Im assuming that means LSU in the 2019 champ game, he was just off a year, it definitely doesn?t correlate to TCU?I hate when the internet just runs with anything without backing it up as fact?

vCash
    I love it. I want to play for someone that wants to beat the f***ing shit out of everyone they see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This board's come a long way from "Kirby wont do as well as Richt did at Georgia"

B2B titles and this year was a rebuild. Georgia thinks they will be better next year than this year with the X factor being QB play of course

Yep. That QB X factor can be huge. But is made easier when getting the ball to Bowers and other freaks.

One thing Kirby mentioned was there wasn?t any sign of entitlement on the team. Entitlement is what Saban dealt with this year imo. And uga won?t be immune to that in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Meh, Croom's before Bama 07 was far better.
    Yes it was. It was dang good. Ready for a brick wall.

Kirby's cussing rant didn't do anything for me. Kinda riduculous. So does an Fbomb with no real substance on anything else really fire you up?

vCash
    All yall are right, but Saban and Kirby still have to get those kids to play to the level to which they can play. That is a skill thst a lot of coaches dont have.

vCash
    Saban is the greatest recruiter of all time.

Kirby learned from him and did what he did which is lock down the state of Georiga for UGA. Once he did that, he then tried to recruit kids that his biggest rivals needed and got those kids, because not only do those kids help his program, the Tenn, FL or AU's of the world get hit hard because they needed those guys.

Why do you think Saban recruited Louisiana so hard while at Bama and he recruited Bama hard while at LSU?

Do I think they are great game day coaches? I mean, they are fine, but I watched Saban lose to freezus in back to back years. Kirby has figured out the need to go up tempo on offense faster than Saban did. Saban tried to get hurry up offenses banned, but finally adapted, but it took time. Kirby it only took losing Justin Fields to OSU to figure things out.

Could he do that with a limit of 65 total scollies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yes it was. It was dang good. Ready for a brick wall.

Kirby's cussing rant didn't do anything for me. Kinda riduculous. So does an Fbomb with no real substance on anything else really fire you up?
    Yep. Kirby's just screams middle age man with low testosterone.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Meh, Croom's before Bama 07 was far better.
    We gone change it today

vCash
    Not much different than what my HS coach used to tell us but in this day and age of "softies" this won't be perceived well.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Not much different than what my HS coach used to tell us but in this day and age of "softies" this won't be perceived well.
    Softies? The folks bitching about this are definitely not under 40, lol.