Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Championship Game thread.

vCash
    I was full-on expecting a Sam Kinneson yell in there at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is one reason I will like expanded playoffs. I want the best teams to play for a championship even if they lose a game in the regular season. Bama and Georgia are the best 2 teams, and I understand why they aren't playing in this format, but it doesn't change that they're the best 2 teams. When it expands, it will allow us or someone like us to get our head thumped, but in the end it'll be 2 of the best teams playing for the title
    The committee just got tired of the SEC dominating the Final 4. Bama had 2 losses (and almost lost to Texas and Texas A&KM as), and TCU only lost 1 game. If they only went by who they thought were the best teams, then yes, Alabama would have been in. But the data suggested otherwise, and their decision was at least somewhat validated when TCU beat Michigan.

But, as you say, the expanded playoffs should take care of most controversies. But if #12 manages to beat #1 in the first round (presumably that's how games will be played), then there are once again questions.

vCash
    I'm not going to sit here and rip TCU after the fact. We are no better. Georgia could beat us and 10 other SEC teams by 50 if they really wanted to.

There's just far too much competitive disadvantage in CFB. Not sure this was any worse than watching a blue blood replay like we do every year.