Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AD Search

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Wait, I thought Whiskey-douche told us Brackey is being promoted full time because of certain boosters.***
    Maybe he got his info off of 247 or Bert Stare told him that. lol

vCash
    Wait, I thought Whiskey-douche told us Brackey is being promoted full time because of certain boosters.***
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Really Clark? again.

vCash
    There's a faction of big time boosters that wanted Brackey to get the full time job. They like the access and perks they're afforded when MSU lifers are in big time positions because they've cultivated relationships with those people over decades. That shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. It was the same with Cohen. It's why it's almost impossible to hire guys with no prior relationships. Because those guys cutting the checks want access. The best I've ever heard it is that those guys having access to info and decision making at the college level is akin to the billionaires that have access and info for professional teams. They want to be able to brag to their friends at the Reunion country club bar or the in their box at Davis Wade that they helped us with [insert player]. Obviously we don't have guys of that type of money (Jimmy Rayne, David Nutt, CT Fitzpatrick, the Saudis at A&M) but it's big money for them.

It's what makes what Saban did at Bama so impressive. Because he came in and told the boosters, the admin, and the town exactly how it was going to go. He gave them the blueprint and told them to get the hell out of the way and he would contact them when needed. And they did. It's what doesn't happen at any other school.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-10-2023 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    There's a faction of big time boosters that wanted Brackey to get the full time job. They like the access and perks they're afforded when MSU lifers are in big time positions because they've cultivated relationships with those people over decades. That shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. It was the same with Cohen. It's why it's almost impossible to hire guys with no prior relationships. Because those guys cutting the checks want access. The best I've ever heard it is that those guys having access to info and decision making at the college level is akin to the billionaires that have access and info for professional teams. They want to be able to brag to their friends at the Reunion country club bar or the in their box at Davis Wade that they helped us with [insert player]. Obviously we don't have guys of that type of money (Jimmy Rayne, David Nutt, CT Fitzpatrick, the Saudis at A&M) but it's big money for them.

It's what makes what Saban did at Bama so impressive. Because he came in and told the boosters, the admin, and the town exactly how it was going to go. He gave them the blueprint and told them to get the hell out of the way and he would contact them when needed. And they did. It's what doesn't happen at any other school.
    That's the operative sentence here. Folks who write the big checks want access and input.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Don't have to have a name, but do any Elitedawgs know any of the "cigar boys". I keep hearing of them, but have never seen or heard from them myself. Are they as undercover as Bigfoot?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    That's the operative sentence here. Folks who write the big checks want access and input.
    It's every single SEC school and most of the other schools as well. Who do you think hired Freeze at auburn? Lol at the people that think Cohen hired him. Cohen was told what was going to happen.

vCash
    In my defense and for the sake of everything good, I valiantly tried not to laugh at this. Whiskey-douche! LOL!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's every single SEC school and most of the other schools as well. Who do you think hired Freeze at auburn? Lol at the people that think Cohen hired him. Cohen was told what was going to happen.
    I had to reread it - his sentence about "any other school" is about how Saban has kept the Bama donors at bay. Bama donors were notoriously meddlesome post Bear. Hell, Bear's son was one of the worst. It's why they floundered during the 80s and late 90s/early 00s. UGA had some of the same post Dooley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I had to reread it - his sentence about "any other school" is about how Saban has kept the Bama donors at bay. Bama donors were notoriously meddlesome post Bear. Hell, Bear's son was one of the worst. It's why they floundered during the 80s and late 90s/early 00s. UGA had some of the same post Dooley.
    Yep. It's why, outside of when they stole Cam from us at the 11th hour, Auburn hasn't done jack shit for all this time.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Saban retires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Don't have to have a name, but do any Elitedawgs know any of the "cigar boys". I keep hearing of them, but have never seen or heard from them myself. Are they as undercover as Bigfoot?***
    The cigar boys back in the day when the term came up was referring to a cigar smoke after a win at Scott field. Some included were mickey holliman, hassell Franklin and Albert Clark. Those were some but not all. All 3 of those have done more than fair share for msu athletics. With that said, there were then and are now, many missing people from the list of influentials.

vCash
    Im a plumber for what has got to big the biggest booster. Hes in finance. Never seen his name mentioned but i can guarantee you the kind of wealth they have is enough to fund anything they want state to have. Whats crazy is, I?ve been their plumber for 3 years and never even laid eyes on him. He?s like a ghost. I deal with his estate manager and his wife almost every week for something on all of their properties. If i ever do get to meet him, I?ve got a few questions!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I basically know who they all are. I know a couple of them very closely and periphery on a couple of others. They're who you think they are. It's not too hard to figure out. And don't get me wrong, they do A BUNCH for Mississippi State. One in particular has funded more projects for athletics than you'll ever know. But there's a few that are so stuck in their ways and the way things always operated. They did not like Greg Byrne. They didn't particularly like Stricklin but accepted him because he was a State grad and he was Bailey Howell's son in law. They loved Cohen because he was the most like Templeton. It's why that group wanted to keep Brackey. It's all about influence and how much power they perceive they have over decisions. In actuality they don't have much, but them thinking they do keeps the checks rolling in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I basically know who they all are. I know a couple of them very closely and periphery on a couple of others. They're who you think they are. It's not too hard to figure out. And don't get me wrong, they do A BUNCH for Mississippi State. One in particular has funded more projects for athletics than you'll ever know. But there's a few that are so stuck in their ways and the way things always operated. They did not like Greg Byrne. They didn't particularly like Stricklin but accepted him because he was a State grad and he was Bailey Howell's son in law. They loved Cohen because he was the most like Templeton. It's why that group wanted to keep Brackey. It's all about influence and how much power they perceive they have over decisions. In actuality they don't have much, but them thinking they do keeps the checks rolling in.
    As long as they keep the checks coming great. But I hope MK holds his ground.