Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD Search

vCash

AD Search

With all the attention on the OC, the AD search kind of went off the radar. It's been 10 weeks now since Cohen left. I would think we have to be close. Any news?

vCash
    Greg Byrne! Bring him home!

I kid, but since the Kliff Kingsberry thread is now three pages long, I figure another silly one will be too. Lol..
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Sounds like it'll come down to Benko or Zac Selmon at Oklahoma. I would imagine Wicker still has an outside shot.

I know the search committee's preferred candidate was Danny White at FAU, but I don't think he's in the running anymore.

vCash
    I was told a few weeks ago to watch out for another person. But Benko seems like the choice if it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Sounds like it'll come down to Benko or Zac Selmon at Oklahoma. I would imagine Wicker still has an outside shot.

I know the search committee's preferred candidate was Danny White at FAU, but I don't think he's in the running anymore.
    Danny White is at Tennessee. His brother Brian White is at FAU. Their other brother Mike is basketball coach at UGA, sister is asst. AD at SMU. Their dad is Kevin White - former Tulane, Arizona, Notre Dame, and Duke AD.
    I'd consider Brian White to be a dang good hire. Which means we won't hire him
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Danny White is at Tennessee. His brother Brian White is at FAU. Their other brother Mike is basketball coach at UGA, sister is asst. AD at SMU. Their dad is Kevin White - former Tulane, Arizona, Notre Dame, and Duke AD.
    Amazing pedigree!

vCash
    Having been unable to secure an AD, in October MSU will eliminate the position and allocate the monies amongst the remaining athletic staff.

State becomes the spark of this new wave as AD positions across the college landscape cease to exist.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 01-09-2023 at 05:56 PM.

vCash

Of course we're going to **** this up. WE ARE*clap clap clap* MSU!
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Having been unable to secure an AD, in October MSU will eliminate the position and allocate the monies amongst the remaining athletic staff.

State becomes the spark of this new wave as AD positions across the college landscape cease to exist.
    Why not****?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    My bad on that. Definitely Brian White that was the preferred candidate of the search committee. Agree that White would be a hell of a hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Of course we're going to **** this up. WE ARE*clap clap clap* MSU!
    Benko is a solid hire if it's him. But if someone is better I'm fine w that. Love to know how you know we are fing it up. Or you just complaining to complain.

vCash
    Benko is a good hire

My concern is we need to get it done sooner than later. Some people in our department would like some job certainty I'm sure. Maybe could have kept Rhett if we had an AD in place who could promote and give him a raise when the auburn job came.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Benko is a solid hire if it's him. But if someone is better I'm fine w that. Love to know how you know we are fing it up. Or you just complaining to complain.
    Do you think it could possibly be Mike Alford or Brian White?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog20 View Post
    No. Both would be home run hires. I don't know how seriously Alford ever considered us. White was probably a reasonable candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Wait, I thought Whiskey-douche told us Brackey is being promoted full time because of certain boosters.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Benko is a good hire

My concern is we need to get it done sooner than later. Some people in our department would like some job certainty I'm sure. Maybe could have kept Rhett if we had an AD in place who could promote and give him a raise when the auburn job came.
    Rhett leaving had nothing to do with who the new AD was. He left so he can hopefully get the job when it comes open again. Auburn will be his last stop that he is not in the AD chair. He is very highly thought of in the athletic administration world. John Currie, John Cohen, Scott Stricklin, and Greg Byrne all speak and think very highly of him.

vCash
    Rhett leaving had nothing to do with who the new AD was. He left so he can hopefully get the job when it comes open again. Auburn will be his last stop that he is not in the AD chair. He is very highly thought of in the athletic administration world. John Currie, John Cohen, Scott Stricklin, and Greg Byrne all speak and think very highly of him.
    Yeah I'm glad he left. He needs to get as much experience outside of here as possible and I hope we bring him back before it's too late.

vCash
    No. Both would be home run hires. I don't know how seriously Alford ever considered us. White was probably a reasonable candidate.
    Gotcha. Just wondering if it was strictly down to Benko & Selmon or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog20 View Post
    I'll be honest, I have no clue. I just thought Benko would get it before we started. Don't think Alford is getting it.

vCash
    Selmon comes from a strong bloodline of good players. Got to at least like that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is