Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Kliff is out there now....

vCash
    This has a 0% chance of happening. Kingsbury is not coming here to be anything less than full HC and it's pretty doubtful even then. And Arnett is not making his first big move as HC the hiring of any sort of co-HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He had Patrick Mhomes at TT, and that offense looked less than stellar.

I've never gotten the fascination with Kingsbury
    2015 TT was 8th nationally in FEI
    2016 TT was 7th nationally in FEI

2015 TT was 2nd in total offense nationally
    2016 TT was 1st in total offense nationally

2015 TT was 2nd in scoring off nationally
    2016 TT was 5th in scoring off nationally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Yeah the offense wasn't the problem. Their problem was they had ZERO defense They got blown out in a game where they scored 58 points, lol.

vCash
    This is my dream as well but it has a 0% chance of happening

The only way he would come is if he was offered the Head Coach position which would he about a 5% chance of him coming even then

He?s going to be an NFL OC

College head coach at a upper mid tier power 5 or above

Or Alabama , USC, or Georgia Offensive coordinator

I don?t think he would even be an OC for let?s say an Auburn type program that is top 15ish.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah the offense wasn't the problem. Their problem was they had ZERO defense They got blown out in a game where they scored 58 points, lol.
    He didn't have Arnett. See, what I am pointing out there?
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    What about the Rams Head Coach. He is looking to be fired here shortly.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    What about the Rams Head Coach. He is looking to be fired here shortly.
    What you taking about? Mcvay isn't getting fired, 0%. He's contemplating retirement like Sean Payton

vCash

What was their record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Their defense was so bad that they helped the offense. They allowed opposing teams to score quickly and get their offense the ball back. It looked like 7v7 out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    What was their record
    Does it matter? I was referring to a comment that said their "OFFENSE looked less than stellar"

vCash
    Their defense was so bad that they helped the offense. They allowed opposing teams to score quickly and get their offense the ball back. It looked like 7v7 out there.
    Lol, yes it did! I watched them every week because it was pretty entertaining.

I remember reading on the meltdown board from ttu someone saying, It's like Kliff gets to the game on Saturday and goes oh crap we forgot to practice defense this week! Another one was: How do you score 58 points and get blown out?.

vCash
    CZA should at least reach out. I just hope if he does a certain reporter doesn’t get wind of it. I think that fool breaking the news about Briles is part of the reason Briles stopped any interest. That being said I don’t think Briles would have came here anyway, but it was definitely the final straw. I doubt we get Kliff, but it’s worth reaching out to see if he has any interest for 2-2.5 mill if that’s what we really were close to offering Briles

vCash
    Mahomes would have been so much better in college if Leach was still there at that time.

But, I'm biased, I guess. I was a Mike Leach fan LONG before he came to MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Mahomes would have been so much better in college if Leach was still there at that time..
    How? He literally led the country in passing in 2016. Was the 2nd QB selected in the 2017 draft (gotta love the Bears drafting Trubisky)
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    CZA should at least reach out. I just hope if he does a certain reporter doesn’t get wind of it. I think that fool breaking the news about Briles is part of the reason Briles stopped any interest. That being said I don’t think Briles would have came here anyway, but it was definitely the final straw. I doubt we get Kliff, but it’s worth reaching out to see if he has any interest for 2-2.5 mill if that’s what we really were close to offering Briles
    The only reason CZA would reach out to KK would be to get his opinion on possible OC candidates with Air Raid pedigrees. Kliff putting in a good word with a couple top tier candidates would go a long way.

I wouldn't insult a former NFL head coach by offering him a measly college OC job.

vCash
    Cant hurt to find out. I would say 1 out of 100 shot but he was really close with Leach andI actually reached out to a player or two after he passed. Good guy

vCash
    Non of this matters. Kliff hates recruiting so will stay out of college of he can. And of he does come back to college, he might get a HC job. And of he doesnt, his offensive resume and BOBs issues this year mean Saban would kick BOB to the curb to hire Kliff. And even then, he may just sit on his ass instead of coaching anywhere.

So no, he's not coming here to be the OC at Mississippi State under a 1st year HC he's got no connections too. Not sure what the point in discussing him more is

vCash
    Worst he can say is no

vCash
    Does it matter? I was referring to a comment that said their "OFFENSE looked less than stellar"
    It was a serious question. I support that their offense was legit with Maholmes

vCash
    It was a serious question. I support that their offense was legit with Maholmes
    Not good. He's a good offensive coach, not a good HC