Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BOBO new OC WE ARE 17ED.........What the hell Zack....................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    In all honestly if you could somehow land 90%-95% of the top 20 players in MS every year you would be perennial Top 15 team. I truly believe that.
    It'd be pretty easy to figure out if this is true by looking at the best players from Mississippi each year and how they produce in college. But I would guess that the real challenge would be identifying the top 20 players. I think if you just took the 20 highest rated players, that would leave you far short of what you need.

vCash
    The "real challenge" is not in "identifying the top 20 players", it's in getting 90+% of P5 MS kids to pick us. OM exists, has more NIL money, and they love nothing more than to flip our players at the last second. LSU, Bama, and Auburn have a history of poaching the true studs when we get them. So no, we aren't getting 18/20 of the best players in this state to play for us. LSU and Arkansas can't even do that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    The "real challenge" is not in "identifying the top 20 players", it's in getting 90+% of P5 MS kids to pick us. OM exists, has more NIL money, and they love nothing more than to flip our players at the last second. LSU, Bama, and Auburn have a history of poaching the true studs when we get them. So no, we aren't getting 18/20 of the best players in this state to play for us. LSU and Arkansas can't even do that
    I’m not saying it’s possible I was just making the statement that Mississippi produces enough talent that an program
    able to do that would be very competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’m not saying it’s possible I was just making the statement that Mississippi produces enough talent that an program
    able to do that would be very competitive.
    Exactly why State and Ole Miss should've merged 50 years ago or whenever that was. Awful decision not to.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Every time I check this board I expect this topic to die, but there it is. Like a damn cockroach.
    Two things that will survive a worldwide nuclear war: cockroaches and Keith Richards.** Find the right OC, ASAP! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Two things that will survive a worldwide nuclear war: cockroaches and Keith Richards.** Find the right OC, ASAP! Hail State!
    I can't believe Keith Richards is still alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I can't believe Keith Richards is still alive.
    He's pickled lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's pickled lol.
    Yep....well preserved.

vCash
    Credit to the OP to never show back up after his complete meltdown on 3 day old material.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Credit to the OP to never show back up after his complete meltdown on 3 day old material.
    Must be related to whiskey pirate.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Exactly why State and Ole Miss should've merged 50 years ago or whenever that was. Awful decision not to.
    Wait, was this legitimately on the table at that point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Is there anything that prevents this from happening today? Sorry for noob question - foreign exchange ex-student here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    Is there anything that prevents this from happening today? Sorry for noob question - foreign exchange ex-student here.
    If we want to talk far out, not so far out ideas..... it is interesting that some JUCOs are building away from their campuses and in larger populated locations. NW -> Desoto, Holmes -> Ridgeland, EMCC -> GTR.... you get the picture. Maybe MSU should start building in Madison or tupelo.

vCash
    Ha ha! I've stalked this thread for 3 days wondering if the OP would ever comment again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Ha ha! I've stalked this thread for 3 days wondering if the OP would ever comment again!
    He was so embarrassed he’s now living a solitary life on his personal mountain.

vCash
    Must be related to whiskey pirate.....
    Lol gotta be!