Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BOBO new OC WE ARE 17ED.........What the hell Zack....................

vCash
    It's well documented that Monken bounces ideas off Bobo and Bobo is a contributor to their offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Why do these posts keep happening? Like this annoying pop up ads on 6pack
    Because some folks don't keep up with what's going on but insist on posting a link as soon as they see something, some think their "hot take" needs its own thread instead of responding to ones that are already up, some are as sharp as marshmallows, and some are all three. It's a much bigger problem on certain other boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Well, you guys are far more in "the know" about this, than me. So, if yall say it was a joke....or planned to sniff out a mole.........well, ooookay.

However, I don't get State fans disdain for Bobo. Unless it is simply Leach purest that don't like Bobo's contrasting style. WHich is what I think the "OH NO, BOBO" group think really is. However, I digress. Not the point.

Im getting a hunch it is Bobo. Bobo is a part of the game planning for the NC. We have not heard of any other serious candidates. Or at least good ones. Regardless if yall like his scheme or not......the guy has a ton of coaching experience as a HC, OC and QB coach....over many years and in the SEC with very good programs.
    I have a hard time seeing us go this route after we got a national CFB writer to shoot it down, but it's been more talk of bobo than briles among writers.

vCash
    I really wish he would stop covering State sports. I don’t blame CZA for being very mad about this. Auburn seems like a better fit for him

vCash
    I cannot believe we are actually thinking about Bobo, but to be honest, the fact that we don't have a hire and he is an analyst with UGA, does give me the slightest hint of concern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I cannot believe we are actually thinking about Bobo, but to be honest, the fact that we don't have a hire and he is an analyst with UGA, does give me the slightest hint of concern.
    The hire isn't coming from tonight's game. And please stop w this bobo mess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Thank you!

And I don't believe all of this Arnett was trying to catch a rat theory either by the way.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    If the athletic dept has this thing so buttoned up how do you guys know the hire is not coming from the game tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    If the athletic dept has this thing so buttoned up how do you guys know the hire is not coming from the game tonight?
    Great question huh............... make you think........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    i don't know who is getting it. However, i Know who is NOT. You can put two and two together.

vCash
    I like the staff additions he has made so far, and that he is getting transfers back to us that are from MS. That will be a great emphasis going forward. I know we need more than just MS, but he seems to get that the state has the diamonds in the rough, and raw talent. Reminds me of Mullen but without the laziness in recruiting.

vCash
    i don't know who is getting it. However, i Know who is NOT. You can put two and two together.
    Ok then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I like the staff additions he has made so far, and that he is getting transfers back to us that are from MS. That will be a great emphasis going forward. I know we need more than just MS, but he seems to get that the state has the diamonds in the rough, and raw talent. Reminds me of Mullen but without the laziness in recruiting.
    In all honestly if you could somehow land 90%-95% of the top 20 players in MS every year you would be perennial Top 15 team. I truly believe that.

vCash
    If Homedawg says it, bank it.

However between the State fan lemmings meltdown and Bounds stating emphatically that it isn't Bobo..... I hope it is Bobo and State wins 9 games next year running 32 dive. Hahahahaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    If Homedawg says it, bank it.

However between the State fan lemmings meltdown and Bounds stating emphatically that it isn't Bobo..... I hope it is Bobo and State wins 9 games next year running 32 dive. Hahahahaha.
    C34 just got a big........smile on his face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    In all honestly if you could somehow land 90%-95% of the top 20 players in MS every year you would be perennial Top 15 team. I truly believe that.
    Or.....and this is controversial......we could stop focusing on MS so damn much and focus a little more on other areas like Atlanta, DFW, Houston, Nashville, Baton Rouge, Miami, Birmingham. Our school is located in MS. You don't have to hire a MS centric staff to be able to recruit the state unless you have hired the worst recruiters on God's green earth. Our last staff had damn near ZERO ties to MS and we recruited just fine.

The state of Alabama produces better players than Mississippi by and large. However, I don't see Alabama or Auburn freaking out because their staffs don't have a bunch of AL recruiters on them. The generally have one or at the most two guys on staff that know the area. Same with Georgia. To take the next step we have to get out of this we have to recruit MS kids mindset. Go get the best players. If they happen to be from Bolivar Co. then great. But if they're from Miami Northwestern or Duncanville then don't go recruit the kid from Lake Cormorant because you might be able to develop him in 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Or.....and this is controversial......we could stop focusing on MS so damn much and focus a little more on other areas like Atlanta, DFW, Houston, Nashville, Baton Rouge, Miami, Birmingham. Our school is located in MS. You don't have to hire a MS centric staff to be able to recruit the state unless you have hired the worst recruiters on God's green earth. Our last staff had damn near ZERO ties to MS and we recruited just fine.

The state of Alabama produces better players than Mississippi by and large. However, I don't see Alabama or Auburn freaking out because their staffs don't have a bunch of AL recruiters on them. The generally have one or at the most two guys on staff that know the area. Same with Georgia. To take the next step we have to get out of this we have to recruit MS kids mindset. Go get the best players. If they happen to be from Bolivar Co. then great. But if they're from Miami Northwestern or Duncanville then don't go recruit the kid from Lake Cormorant because you might be able to develop him in 3 years.
    This ^^^^^. We should recruit within a 5-6 hour drive of campus. Maybe extend that a little further to the west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    This ^^^^^. We should recruit within a 5-6 hour drive of campus. Maybe extend that a little further to the west.
    This^^^

vCash
    Every time I check this board I expect this topic to die, but there it is. Like a damn cockroach.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.