Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who you hoping for if its 1 of these 3?

vCash

Who you hoping for if its 1 of these 3?

Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    AJ Ricker because he is better than the others.

vCash
    Does it have to be from these 3?

vCash
    Ricker as he has a degree in agriculture and would be a good fit*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?
    Bryan Ellis. Offensive numbers from 2021 at WKU and 2022 at GSU are video game level. Looking at the 3 seasons he was at WKU he seems to adapt the offense to his players strengths.

Total yards

2019 WKU

Passing 3370
    Rushing 1670
    PPG 25.4

2020 WKU (Covid Year)

Passing 1972
    Rushing 1512
    PPG 19

2021 WKU

Passing 6072
    Rushing 1435
    PPG 44.2

2022 GSU

Passing 4289
    Rushing 1778
    PPG 33

vCash
    AJ Ricker - I like where he is now and who his HC is. I like his bio and also that he has had experience coaching at P5 schools. He could be ready for a move to a P5 OC and could be an up coming OC. You just never know (yjnk) . I hadn't heard his name mentioned. Do we even know if he is under consideration? I agree with TheLostDawg too on his degree in Agriculture.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-08-2023 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    AJ Ricker - I like where he is now and who his HC is. I like his bio and also that he has had experience coaching at P5 schools. He could be ready for a move to a P5 OC and could be an up coming OC. You just never know (yjnk) . I hadn't heard his name mentioned. Do we even know if he is under consideration?
    I'm sure we won't have anything to do with him until Tuesday at the earliest

vCash
    No

vCash
    Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?
    Any of those 3 would be ok by me. You've got them listed in my order of preference too. Hatcher #1- closest system to our current players and has HC experience that ZA can lean on or bounce things off of.

Ellis #2 as someone said, he put up video game numbers this season. Young guy that slings it in an air raid system

Ricker- #3 Coached in a variation of the air raid and was part of a highly productive offense this season. Only questions are his play calling and how much was Riley and how much was Ricker?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Bryan Ellis. Offensive numbers from 2021 at WKU and 2022 at GSU are video game level. Looking at the 3 seasons he was at WKU he seems to adapt the offense to his players strengths.

Total yards

2019 WKU

Passing 3370
    Rushing 1670
    PPG 25.4

2020 WKU (Covid Year)

Passing 1972
    Rushing 1512
    PPG 19

2021 WKU

Passing 6072
    Rushing 1435
    PPG 44.2

2022 GSU

Passing 4289
    Rushing 1778
    PPG 33
    Ellis had 0 impact on that 21 team, he got demoted. That is Zack Kittley calling plays because Ellis is so bad. Clay Helton has held his hand this year at GSU. That’s all Helton. If we hire Ellis, we get what we deserve.

vCash
    This is tough. I like that AJ had been in the power 5 a good bit and Dykes seems to like him to bring him along with him, but he?s an O line coach. We need a QB coach. Ellis seems a little green to me and no one knows how much of a hand he played in the offenses with Kittley and Helton. But you never know. I like Hatcher?s experience because I think we need that right now. Been a HC coach for a long time but I don?t think anytime in the power 5(makes me wonder why). Both Ellis and Hatcher coach QBs too. Lastly, who is a good recruiter?
    I?m leaning Ricker or Hatcher. Ricker with power 5 experience and Dykes. I liked he played center too(hurts he?s no QB coach). And Hatcher with experience and QB coach.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-08-2023 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    2 of those 3 would be god awful. We aren't hiring any of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rank them. I don’t care too much for them either, but I tried

vCash
    As of Friday- Hatcher has not been contacted by Arnett so it aint him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well considering we thought it might be Bobo a few days ago, I'm not expecting some big splash. I wasn't saying it would be one of them, just asking who would be preferred of these 3, bc I know little about them.

Feel free to start a thread with 3 candidates you think we might actually be after and could possibly get, bc the board is hungry for discussion on the OC, and if these 3 are "absolutely nots", throw us some that could be reality's. You seem to have some inside info, so I know I'd love to know a more realistic list so we can have some hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As of Friday- Hatcher has not been contacted by Arnett so it aint him
    Who do you think a few possibilities are at this point?

vCash
    There's like a 5% chance we pull a guy that wows us, so I think the choices CD posted are about as likely as any

vCash
    Out of those guys I'm not real impressed. Honestly as much as I may not like him, Chris Hatcher makes the most sense out of that list. I worry about Ellis. He had play calling duties stripped at WKU and has really only ever been with Clay Helton so it would concern me over whether he's actually calling the offense. Ricker has actually called plays for a long time and seems to be pretty good. I could talk myself into him. If it is him though it was extremely stupid to hire Friend since we'd have to shift him to probably TE's coach.

vCash
    Who do you think a few possibilities are at this point?
    Dont know. Since Briles said no everything has gotten quiet. I'm pretty sure Bobo's name was thrown out as a joke.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Out of those guys I'm not real impressed. Honestly as much as I may not like him, Chris Hatcher makes the most sense out of that list. I worry about Ellis. He had play calling duties stripped at WKU and has really only ever been with Clay Helton so it would concern me over whether he's actually calling the offense. Ricker has actually called plays for a long time and seems to be pretty good. I could talk myself into him. If it is him though it was extremely stupid to hire Friend since we'd have to shift him to probably TE's coach.
    If people that are realistic candidates for us out there...who is left that you'd be "okay" with or happy with? Anybody that isn't being mentioned the last week that you wish we'd target?