Thread: Homeland security, Mississippi state

vCash

Homeland security, Mississippi state

https://www.magnoliastatelive.com/20...issippi-state/

You have to think this is what Keenum brings to the table, political connections and deals.

Another reason why the AD hire is so important. Keenum needs to have someone else make those hires. Someone sports savvy.

vCash
    This is obviously great, but most people would be amazed at the number of projects past and present that have passed through the research park; DOD, FBI, NSA, DHS, etc.

Some awesome work comes out of MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is obviously great, but most people would be amazed at the number of projects past and present that have passed through the research park; DOD, FBI, NSA, DHS, etc.

Yep. My SIL is out there now. And the things he can tell me about are impressive.

vCash
    Great stuff!

vCash
    MSU needs to create a path for students to graduate with some level of security clearance. This is a huge leg up on getting work at the best defense and space companies. Maybe that exists or existed with Super Computing on Navy projects. I think that was just grad level. University of Maryland is #1 with TSC grads.

We should have drone operations, engineering and management as a major. Leave MSU with a diploma and 40 confirmed kills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Here is one from the past. I helped build and assemble this with Honda when they were there in the late 80's and early 90's.

vCash
    We need to do better with recruitment in state and out of state. There are so many great opportunities that very few know about in high school. Heck a lot of us don't have a clue of all the programs we have and things they are doing at such a high level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    MSU needs to create a path for students to graduate with some level of security clearance. This is a huge leg up on getting work at the best defense and space companies. Maybe that exists or existed with Super Computing on Navy projects. I think that was just grad level. University of Maryland is #1 with TSC grads.

We should have drone operations, engineering and management as a major. Leave MSU with a diploma and 40 confirmed kills.
    I was a co-op student with NASA for 5 or 6 semesters and had a Secret clearance for most of the time. Interim clearance at first, then before the first semester was over had a final Secret. MSU really had nothing to do with it though, other than getting the job through the co-op office. I suppose those paths are already there.
    Last edited by RocketDawg; 01-08-2023 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    We need to do better with recruitment in state and out of state. There are so many great opportunities that very few know about in high school. Heck a lot of us don't have a clue of all the programs we have and things they are doing at such a high level
    My 14-year old granddaughter in Georgia just got a recruitment package from MSU. She's in the 10th grade (skipped a grade in elementary school), has a 4.3 GPA, and made 1480 on the SAT. She'll take it again, of course, during her junior/senior year. I suspect she'll be going to another university though, probably UGA since she'll be so young when she starts college.