Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Air Raid offense sucks and no one wants to run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    I'm not sure i understand the practical difference between A and B. Lol.
    I could have worded that better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Youre wrong. Does it all the time. Every game. This is one of the stupidest arguments Ive seen made on this board. And there have been some doozies
    Noooo- no I'm not. He may have thrown it a couple times but it's a rarity because he doesnt have the arm.

It's ok to admit he has some weaknesses. My 13 year old son- while 6'3- struggles to shoot the basketball. And that kills me because I could light it up. I'm 53 and can still make 5/10 3's. Seeing your son go 2/10 from the FT line is frustrating.

Will is who he is at this point. Acting like his arm isnt weak at this point just makes you look clownish.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Noooo- no I'm not. He may have thrown it a couple times but it's a rarity because he doesnt have the arm.

It's ok to admit he has some weaknesses. My 13 year old son- while 6'3- struggles to shoot the basketball. And that kills me because I could light it up. I'm 53 and can still make 5/10 3's. Seeing your son go 2/10 from the FT line is frustrating.

Will is who he is at this point. Acting like his arm isnt weak at this point just makes you look clownish.
    Wrong. Couldnt be more wrong. Sorry. This is probably the worst hill to die on that you could pick. Its like arguing whether water is wet or not

vCash
    Wrong. Couldnt be more wrong. Sorry. This is probably the worst hill to die on that you could pick. Its like arguing whether water is wet or not
    ok

vCash
    Just to illustrate my point, not even taking football into the equation in which I could prove you to be wrong multiple ways, if the kid literally talks about having a 6 day with Coach Leach again one day the day he passes on his own social media for all of creation to see, I would probably think that is a play we ran a lot. But who am I to guess

vCash
    These morons trying to make fun of Mullen?s offense is baffling to me. We were better on offense under Mullen than we ever were under Leach
    Nope.

vCash
    Bucky is 100% right on this one. Four verts is not ‘everybody go deep’.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Nope.
    Please provide facts to back up your "nope"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes he is right. I think they really do believe it's back yard ball and "everybody go long".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    No he isnt. Of course 4 verts isnt everybody go deep because routes change according to Cover 2, Cover 3, and Cover 4- but it does involve WR's running the Green, aka 9, aka fade, aka vertical route. We didnt do that very often these last 3 years. Thats a fact

vCash
    Please provide facts to back up your "nope"
    There is no need. We all know what you are going to do.

vCash
    Yes he is right. I think they really do believe it's back yard ball and "everybody go long".
    define vertical please

vCash
    There is no need. We all know what you are going to do.
    Yes- I'm going to blast your ass with actual facts and make you look stupid. I was giving you a chance to somehow keep yourself from looking rahtarded

vCash
    These morons trying to make fun of Mullen?s offense is baffling to me. We were better on offense under Mullen than we ever were under Leach
    Leach's offense in year two and three was better than Dan's in year two and three if we want an apples to apples comparison. Dan didn't even crack 30 PPG until 2014. Leach did that in year three.

vCash
    Yes- I'm going to blast your ass with actual facts and make you look stupid. I was giving you a chance to somehow keep yourself from looking rahtarded
    No, you are going to twist and turn and tie yourself in knots trying to, but you can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We were 28th in total offense in 2021 and 46th in 2017. This year with same QB we were 62nd. The same QB was better in 2021 than this year. Maybe it's QB, maybe it's WRs, whatever but IMO Will regressed.

And if I recall correctly, you were very critical of Mullen thru the years.

However, I was just joking. Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest LOL
    The biggest differences between 2022 and 2021 to me- no Makai Polk and we played Vanderbilt in 2021 instead of Georgia.

Our WR's are a bigger issue than Will. I think part of it is Tulu playing out of position IMO when he should be in the slot. Give him Harvey's 50 receptions in space and he'll kill it and make us better. We still need at least one legit outside deep presence. Ducking disappeared the second half of the year and RaRa was inconsistent at times while also flashing at times as well.

vCash
    No he isnt. Of course 4 verts isnt everybody go deep because routes change according to Cover 2, Cover 3, and Cover 4- but it does involve WR's running the Green, aka 9, aka fade, aka vertical route. We didnt do that very often these last 3 years. Thats a fact
    Because there was almost always 2 high safeties a lot of times 3. So they would either do right and sit down in the grass on the slots or they would do wrong and run themselves covered. And on the outside they would either run the re trace or keep running vertical depending on the corner. Like Polk did over and over. Or if we tagged a dig off of it or something along those lines. And Ill let you in on a secret, our WRs dont do a whole lot right consistently. This year we were so bad at WR that teams just played man free and we had no options bc our rules were throw it vs 6 in the box but when you cant get any separation consistently and your best run is inside zone but you never actually read the end you are in trouble. But you carry on. So Yes I am right. Those are the facts.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 01-08-2023 at 11:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Leach's offense in year two and three was better than Dan's in year two and three if we want an apples to apples comparison. Dan didn't even crack 30 PPG until 2014. Leach did that in year three.
    Oh I could point out that in year 3 that Leach scored 10 TDs more while having 600 plus more yards and a tougher schedule. Or that we had 9 INTs for each of the past 2 years while under Mullen we had more but threw it way less.

vCash
    Because there was almost always 2 high safeties a lot of times 3. So they would either do right and sit down in the grass on the slots or they would do wrong and run themselves covered. And on the outside they would either run the re trace or keep running vertical depending on the corner. Like Polk did over and over. Or if we tagged a dig off of it or something along those lines. And Ill let you in on a secret, our WRs dont do a whole lot right consistently. This year we were so bad at WR that teams just played man free and we had no options bc our rules were throw it vs 6 in the box but when you cant get any separation consistently and your best run is inside zone but you never actually read the end you are in trouble. But you carry on. So Yes I am right. Those are the facts.
    100% accurate.

vCash
    Oh I could point out that in year 3 that Leach scored 10 TDs more while having 600 plus more yards and a tougher schedule. Or that we had 9 INTs for each of the past 2 years while under Mullen we had more but threw it way less.
    If Leach had lived I would have loved to have seen a year by year comparison. I'm 99% sure Leach would have outperformed him. He was well on his way to doing so.