Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Air Raid offense sucks and no one wants to run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    4 verts is an air raid staple and we never run it.
    Hahaha

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Hahaha
    Not sure what you're laughing at. Between the last two games, the Tulu TD at end of half in Egg Bowl is the only time I remember a pass being attempted on a Four Verts concept.

1 successful run in two games for a play/concept that leach preached practicing in such depth is basically never running it.

So please elaborate what's so funny.

vCash
    4 verts is an air raid staple and we never run it.
    It's interesting, as in Swing Your Sword he talked at length about how this is his favorite play and he ran it often at Texas Tech.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's interesting, as in Swing Your Sword he talked at length about how this is his favorite play and he ran it often at Texas Tech.
    He literally says it's his philosophy to spend a full practice on it every 6th practice lmao. Straight from the horse's mouth.

vCash
    Rogers cant throw 4 verts- end of story
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I just watched a replay of the 2006 insight bowl where ttu came back from a 38-7 deficit with 7 minutes left in third quarter. They ran 4 verts quite often in that game. Graham Harrell didn't have a great arm but he completed quite a few. Yeah leach has always run 4 verts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's my point. It's not the system. Switch hooker and Rogers and watch the down field shots switch too.
    It's the same reason we never ran the ball in 2020. We had two true freshman backs and a bad Oline: we couldn't do it.

vCash
    That's my point. It's not the system. Switch hooker and Rogers and watch the down field shots switch too.
    It's the same reason we never ran the ball in 2020. We had two true freshman backs and a bad Oline: we couldn't do it.
    Regardless- the pure Air Raid died with Leach. Our offense is going to change

vCash
    Regardless- the pure Air Raid died with Leach. Our offense is going to change
    Bobo will see to that. **

vCash
    I keep waiting for that moment for MSU fans to stop and realize that players are more important than scheme.

That's a big part of our problem as a program. We keep trying to find coaching geniuses to outscheme the bluebloods in the SEC instead of pumping money into recruiting as much as we should.

Our last three coaches all averaged between 25-37 points per game in general and that was with three pretty different schemes. If we want to take that up a notch we're going to have to start getting more legit 4 star offensive players especially at WR.

Not a coincidence that Ole Miss beat Alabama when they had Nkemsiche and Tunsil and etc playing for them.

vCash
    I hope the Air Raid is toast. I been hankering for some 3rd and 8 QB draws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I hope the Air Raid is toast. I been hankering for some 3rd and 8 QB draws.
    Our conversion rate on 3rd down better in 2017 than Leach's best year - 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    These morons trying to make fun of Mullen’s offense is baffling to me. We were better on offense under Mullen than we ever were under Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol ... I kid around about your boy Mullen's offense and the fangs come out ****

vCash
    These morons trying to make fun of Mullen?s offense is baffling to me. We were better on offense under Mullen than we ever were under Leach
    We were 28th in total offense in 2021 and 46th in 2017. This year with same QB we were 62nd. The same QB was better in 2021 than this year. Maybe it's QB, maybe it's WRs, whatever but IMO Will regressed.

And if I recall correctly, you were very critical of Mullen thru the years.

However, I was just joking. Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest LOL

vCash
    Im not going to sit here and argue with you guys about whether or not we ran four verticals. Would be a huge waste of time. That is just stupid. Yall either A dont really know what it is or B just talking out of your ass about a subject you know nothing about.

vCash
    Youre wrong. Does it all the time. Every game. This is one of the stupidest arguments Ive seen made on this board. And there have been some doozies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Not sure what you're laughing at. Between the last two games, the Tulu TD at end of half in Egg Bowl is the only time I remember a pass being attempted on a Four Verts concept.

1 successful run in two games for a play/concept that leach preached practicing in such depth is basically never running it.

So please elaborate what's so funny.
    That was not four verticals. So please educate me. I am all ears. If you honest to God think we have not ran four verticals at Ms State with Will Rogers I worry about your day to day life

vCash
    I said I wasnt gonna do it but I cant help myself. Four verticals is not madden four verticals for you air raid geniuses. It can turn out to be a number of different routes off of one concept. It is not four guys run deep and ill throw it to you. It is not four fade routes. It all depends on what the defense does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im not going to sit here and argue with you guys about whether or not we ran four verticals. Would be a huge waste of time. That is just stupid. Yall either A dont really know what it is or B just talking out of your ass about a subject you know nothing about.
    I'm not sure i understand the practical difference between A and B. Lol.