Some of y'all need to decide on an offensive philosophy you want to see and stick with it. Y'all wanted us to throw more under Dan and Joe so we brought Leach on board and now those same people want to go back to the power spread. The exact quotes I heard were "we have to be different to win big". And now y'all want to go back to the offense you said would never take the next step.

It doesn't matter what philosophy we're running if your QB can't stretch the ball down the field. Tennessee's offense works not because the scheme is that much better, hell it's ours scheme. But when you have QB's with bazookas for arms you can take deep shots and it opens everything up. That's why we recruited Costello. Even though it didn't work out the guy had a bazooka for an arm. He had the ability to stretch the field. Most plays we run have someone on a deep route but when your QB is 40 year old Drew Brees who can't stretch the field you can't throw those routes so teams don't honor it. Which clogs everything up short. As I've said many times, I'm not advocating for replacing Will just to replace him. But you're gonna have to take a chance on bringing in a transfer and letting him battle.