Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comment from long time Texas coach today

vCash

Comment from long time Texas coach today

At the HS and college level : ?letting Arnett make decisions without an AD in place is like letting a six year old run around in a room full of boxes of live hand grenades. Now that the other coaches and players are landing in other programs, expect the portal to really heat up?. ...end quote.... The guy who made that comment is pretty low key and stated given the circumstances he was initially rooting for Arnett to succeed.

My own opinion is :

Looking at this decisions that have been made with the staff and program, you can only draw one of two conclusions : either Arnett is the dumbest guy to ever hold a P5 level job, which is very possible or........he is just mercenary and he has 9 million guaranteed and he?s following the orders of boosters and influencers above him and really doesn?t give a damn as long as he banks 9 million.
    That?s also possible. But given these are his colleagues and he?s supposed to have some integrity that may be even worse.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 01-06-2023 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    So who's the coach saying this?

vCash
    I think that?s a bit of a hyperbole but I agree to an extent. I think promoting Zach without an AD was too much. Was really hoping we?d have one in place by now

vCash
    lol- this moron has returned after hiding awhile. Too funny
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Posts on another board I read, he’s familiar with our staff. I just thought it was telling. I respect the guys opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Moron ? Lol , I’m sure you support these genius moves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Posts on another board I read, he?s familiar with our staff. I just thought it was telling. I respect the guys opinion.
    Then give us his name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Then give us his name
    Why ?

vCash
    Looking at this decisions that have been made with the staff and program, you can only draw one of two conclusions : either Arnett is the dumbest guy to ever hold a P5 level job, which is very possible or........he is just mercenary and he has 9 million guaranteed and he?s following the orders of boosters and influencers above him and really doesn?t give a damn as long as he banks 9 million.
    That?s also possible. But given these are his colleagues and he?s supposed to have some integrity that may be even worse.
    It's gotta be 2). Arnett is not a MS native, I can't believe he truly thinks we need all MS guys and no guys with ties to other states. I also can't believe he thinks Bumphis is an upgrade over who we had, or that Miller is worst than Friend. This is 100% boosters playing AD and HC. Shame on Keenum for letting this happen, and shame on Arnett. he's not who I thought he was.

vCash
    I’m sorry but none that makes any sense to me. If we would have landed KB, he would be the smartest coach we’ve ever had. I serious doubt he’s just trying to collect a check and not be worried about his future. It’s sounds like you’re saying he doesn’t care. And who knows what CZA is thinking for OC. Bobo could have been just a bunch of BS to mislead people.

I just don’t see CZA as a sellout to boosters either. It’s his name on the line. I figured he would get to bring in who he wants, not the AD. And if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t Bump close to coming at one time under Leach?
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-06-2023 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It's gotta be 2). Arnett is not a MS native, I can't believe he truly thinks we need all MS guys and no guys with ties to other states. I also can't believe he thinks Bumphis is an upgrade over who we had, or that Miller is worst than Friend. This is 100% boosters playing AD and HC. Shame on Keenum for letting this happen, and shame on Arnett. he's not who I thought he was.
    I initially thought it was stupidity and arrogance, but it’s probably a combination. 9 million guaranteed would make a lot of people follow orders. The comments on 1 and 2 are mine, the initial comments of a six year old with no ad are the Texas coaches.

vCash
    Why ?
    Well I would think someone making those kind of comments would be man enough to put his name behind the comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well I would think someone making those kind of comments would be man enough to put his name behind the comments.
    I see nothing controversial about stating the obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well he wasn't going to post when we were in negations with hiring a guy of Briles caliber. Can't spew the vitriol to the effect he wants.

vCash
    Clark you were on here earlier saying Hollingshead and Miller were leaving on their own volition, so you are just full of shit and carrying water for this inept ath dept. you have zero credibility

vCash
    I see nothing controversial about stating the obvious.
    You just called Arnett dumb, a mercenary with no integrity, I would say that's controversial and I'd sure like to know the genius coach that said that. Maybe we should hire him?

vCash
    No I said arnett is dumb and a mercenary. The former Texas coach said he was like a six year old running amok without an ad, he also said expect many more players to leave.

vCash
    Clark you were on here earlier saying Hollingshead and Miller were leaving on their own volition, so you are just full of shit and carrying water for this inept ath dept. you have zero credibility
    I didn't say anything about Miller, liar. And last I checked he's still here. You may have said he was leaving or fired but can't keep track of your lies. But I didn't say one word about Miller.

I stand behind everything I said about how it went down with Drew because that's the truth. He was up front and we were, PRIOR to the bowl game. You can lie all you want to spread your feces. I'm not here to post what I know for you but will combat falsehoods.

vCash
    At the HS and college level : ?letting Arnett make decisions without an AD in place is like letting a six year old run around in a room full of boxes of live hand grenades. Now that the other coaches and players are landing in other programs, expect the portal to really heat up?. ...end quote.... The guy who made that comment is pretty low key and stated given the circumstances he was initially rooting for Arnett to succeed.

My own opinion is :

Let?s get it started. Fire Arnett!!!!

vCash
    No I said arnett is dumb and a mercenary. The former Texas coach said he was like a six year old running amok without an ad, he also said expect many more players to leave.
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see all these many players leaving.