Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good for him. It'll be interesting to see what style offense he runs
    Kevin Wilson offense is what is being run

vCash
    Drew Hollingshead to be OC at Western Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    Drew Hollingshead to be OC at Western Kentucky
    Lot of folks believe he is a rising star. May look back and think letting him leave was a mistake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Lot of folks believe he is a rising star. May look back and think letting him leave was a mistake
    You think we let him leave and he just landed as an OC? That's not how it went. Would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't staying when he had an OC offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You think we let him leave and he just landed as an OC? That's not how it went. Would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't staying when he had an OC offer
    And we pushed him out the door so we could bring in God's Gift to Coaching Chad Bumphis. Kind of hard to stay on staff when folks are actively looking to replace you before the ink on Arnett's contract was dry.

Some of our boosters and media guys have been pushing for Bumphis for two years now because he's their friend and they think he'll feed them information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And we pushed him out the door so we could bring in God's Gift to Coaching Chad Bumphis. Kind of hard to stay on staff when folks are actively looking to replace you before the ink on Arnett's contract was dry.

Some of our boosters and media guys have been pushing for Bumphis for two years now because he's their friend and they think he'll feed them information.
    Drew was up front about his opportunities beforehand. First year HC, replacing a legend from a tragedy, perception as much as I hate it, looks better for us to make changes than appear coaches are jumping ship. Bumphis was the replacement for Spurrier not Drew. But Drew had good opportunities and we knew that.

vCash
    Drew was up front about his opportunities beforehand. First year HC, replacing a legend from a tragedy, perception as much as I hate it, looks better for us to make changes than appear coaches are jumping ship. Bumphis was the replacement for Spurrier not Drew. But Drew had good opportunities and we knew that.
    We're going to regret letting him walk out the door. I'll just say that.

vCash
    We're going to regret letting him walk out the door. I'll just say that.
    What option did we have? We could not name him OC, outside of that he was gone anyway on his own.

vCash
    What option did we have? We could not name him OC, outside of that he was gone anyway on his own.
    You could've named him OC. Or named him and Mason Co-OC's. Again, I don't know if that option was even on the table. I just know we let our best recruiter walk out the door and we probably won't come close to replicating that recruiting ability and the connections he had.

It would definitely been a risk to name him OC, and I'll hold judgement until we make a hire, but I could've gotten behind Drew as the OC or Co-OC. He's a rising star in the profession and sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy like that if you believe he has the ability. Hell we just did it with Arnett.

vCash
    Hollingshead is now OC at W Kentucky

vCash
    You could've named him OC. Or named him and Mason Co-OC's. Again, I don't know if that option was even on the table. I just know we let our best recruiter walk out the door and we probably won't come close to replicating that recruiting ability and the connections he had.

It would definitely been a risk to name him OC, and I'll hold judgement until we make a hire, but I could've gotten behind Drew as the OC or Co-OC. He's a rising star in the profession and sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy like that if you believe he has the ability. Hell we just did it with Arnett.
    I just don't see having Co-OC's when your HC is a defensive guy. He needs and is looking for someone to run that side of the ball completely. Hate to lose him a lot but I completely understand the why's. Some of this will look better or worse depending on who we hire as OC.

vCash
    I would have promoted Spurrier or Hollingshead to OC. Why promote Arnette and Brock to ensure continuity and not do it on the offensive side ?

Why wasn't Phelps retained ? Anybody know ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    I would have promoted Spurrier or Hollingshead to OC. Why promote Arnette and Brock to ensure continuity and not do it on the offensive side ?

Spurrier had problems other than his play calling, which was bad. Hollingshead, although I would've hired him, is viewed as too young by some.

On Phelps, see the Bumphis situation. We have people in our program and in the media that want to push certain candidates that will give them inside info. David Turner is a former staff member who will do that. So they saw an opportunity to bring him back and I imagine he will replace Phelps.

vCash
    Bullshit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Bullshit
    Nope

vCash
    I'm saying we could have kept him and had the opportunity to do so. We could have made him co-OC and/or passing game coordinator. We chose not to. We'll see how that plays out.

vCash
    What a lying shill, is that you Rosebowl ?

Carrying water for this cluster fuc* ?

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post

I never understood the dislike for Spurrier. What was his problem? He comes from a good background- Dad being a Heisman trophy winner. Leach obviously liked him- he came with Leach from WSU.