Thread: Post - Failed Poaching Debrief

Banned
    vCash

Post - Failed Poaching Debrief

- We caused an SEC Rival to spend more money on a coach that we beat this year.
    -- Kiffin getting a pay bump, Briles getting a pay bump (when their fanbase is starting to split on him, BoB still Bama's OC, Aggy going full shitshow heel, Kentucky grabbing a QB we've beaten, Auburn selling all morals, LSU at home this year.
    --- Lots of mistakes I feel like our enemies are making.

- We avoided hiring someone attached to a horrendous scandal (so far).
    -- Some of you only care about winning. I get it. But I don't want State to be associated with Rape. Full stop. If any of you have a daughter or a close female relative deciding on schools, how comfortable would you be with her going to the school with someone associated with that Baylor scandal in a powerful position? I personally can't stand Lebby being at OU and trashed OM for grabbing him.

- We are big game hunting and committing to winning. Sure it's not anOSU / Georgia / USC level where they're spending $5 Million on one WR, but $2 Million range for an assistant is showing me that this school is wanting to keep up with the joneses. No more poh ol mitipi tate.

- It's only 3 days after the bowl. Yea we got recruits visiting this weekend but we've got pieces in place to keep a 9 win+ offense with a more favorable schedule. Now if Will could just stick some steroids in that arm***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    - We caused an SEC Rival to spend more money on a coach that we beat this year.
    -- Kiffin getting a pay bump, Briles getting a pay bump (when their fanbase is starting to split on him, BoB still Bama's OC, Aggy going full shitshow heel, Kentucky grabbing a QB we've beaten, Auburn selling all morals, LSU at home this year.
    --- Lots of mistakes I feel like our enemies are making.

- We avoided hiring someone attached to a horrendous scandal (so far).
    -- Some of you only care about winning. I get it. But I don't want State to be associated with Rape. Full stop. If any of you have a daughter or a close female relative deciding on schools, how comfortable would you be with her going to the school with someone associated with that Baylor scandal in a powerful position? I personally can't stand Lebby being at OU and trashed OM for grabbing him.

- We are big game hunting and committing to winning. Sure it's not anOSU / Georgia / USC level where they're spending $5 Million on one WR, but $2 Million range for an assistant is showing me that this school is wanting to keep up with the joneses. No more poh ol mitipi tate.

- It's only 3 days after the bowl. Yea we got recruits visiting this weekend but we've got pieces in place to keep a 9 win+ offense with a more favorable schedule. Now if Will could just stick some steroids in that arm***
    The Baylor stuff is bad. But it lies at the feet of Art. Not Kendall and Jeff. You know I'm torn on Art. I want to win and I know he's a winner. Do I know how it would be perceived? Yes. Would I feel differently if I had a daughter? Probably so. Whether it be Hugh, Petrino, or Briles I do have a hard time figuring where the line is because I do believe everyone deserves a second chance, but I believe you have to be held accountable when you're the head of a program. I guess I just wonder when is enough punishment enough.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The Baylor stuff is bad. But it lies at the feet of Art. Not Kendall and Jeff. You know I'm torn on Art. I want to win and I know he's a winner. Do I know how it would be perceived? Yes. Would I feel differently if I had a daughter? Probably so. Whether it be Hugh, Petrino, or Briles I do have a hard time figuring where the line is because I do believe everyone deserves a second chance, but I believe you have to be held accountable when you're the head of a program. I guess I just wonder when is enough punishment enough.
    For what Briles had going on? There's no coming back. You can forgive but you can't forget. He's persona non grata the rest of his life. For guys who are guilty by association? Well in this line of work I don't want weak men who won't step up and stop something they know is wrong.

Evil men prevail when good men do nothing.

For what Freeze is accused of and what his "punishment" was? He hasn't even come close to atoning and if what the worst rumors are true, then there's no atoning and still being allowed a position of authority.

For me "second chances" aren't about giving people back their life or their power. Second chances are allowing them to participate in society, without that power that they proved they cannot handle. At least when it comes to the especially heinous.

For Petrino, I have less ill will towards him than towards Durkin. From all intents and purposes, it sounded consensual, he didn't have direct authority over her until he "hired" her in a transactional manner. Nothing like rape or overseeing a program that had a kid die. Just misappropriation of funds which is nowhere near as heinous and imo, can lead to you getting authority back as long as your employer knows what they could potentially be enabling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    For what Briles had going on? There's no coming back. You can forgive but you can't forget. He's persona non grata the rest of his life. For guys who are guilty by association? Well in this line of work I don't want weak men who won't step up and stop something they know is wrong.

Evil men prevail when good men do nothing.

For what Freeze is accused of and what his "punishment" was? He hasn't even come close to atoning and if what the worst rumors are true, then there's no atoning and still being allowed a position of authority.

For me "second chances" aren't about giving people back their life or their power. Second chances are allowing them to participate in society, without that power that they proved they cannot handle. At least when it comes to the especially heinous.

For Petrino, I have less ill will towards him than towards Durkin. From all intents and purposes, it sounded consensual, he didn't have direct authority over her until he "hired" her in a transactional manner. Nothing like rape or overseeing a program that had a kid die. Just misappropriation of funds which is nowhere near as heinous and imo, can lead to you getting authority back as long as your employer knows what they could potentially be enabling.
    quality posts