Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    I?d make a run at Will Hall before any of those guys. USM is a sinking ship athletically and conference wise. Pay raise for him.
    Yeah let?s do that and bring Ty Keyes with him***

vCash
    This is kind of brilliant strategy. Fans melt and / or very disappointed not getting Briles. Leak 5 names, at least are absolutely horrible, let fans really lose their minds. Then hire someone better but not as flashy and fans can easily get on board.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-05-2023 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    oh we could raise a crap ton of money! Let's say 70 plays per game. 70 x $10K 700K x 12= 8.4 Million.

By some great players like that. we can even make it the NCAA recruiting process too.
    I think we just found the answer, BSD. Lets trademark it...I'll DM you the details.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I can't believe CZA'a list of OC candidates got leaked out to be posted on 247 for everybody to see and comment on. That doesn't make any sense at all.
    Me either. The last people I would be talking to right now are 247 or press people. Just conduct your search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    How about Joey Halzle the Tennessee OC.
    Is this the young guy that?s coaching QBs? Honestly I was telling someone the other day that two guys I?d like to watch in the future to potentially seek out are UT?s QB coach and Drew Hollingshead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me SEC OC > being a head coach at a FCS. Or no worse than equal.
    Most coaches prefer to be a HC rather than Asst- especially one that hasnt been an Asst since 1999. He has likely had chances to be an OC in D-1 before now

Kinda like on the HS level- most coaches would prefer being a 2A HC over being a 6A OC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    This is kind of brilliant strategy. Fans melt and / or very disappointed not getting Briles. Leak 5 names, at least are absolutely horrible, let fans really lose their minds. Then fire someone better but not as flashy and fans can easily get on board.
    I pray that's the strategy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's a guy I'd like us to kick the tires on, Willy Korn. Young guy with some aggressive offenses at Coastal Carolina. Just hired as Liberty oc but he's a young up and coming oc and qb coach
    Graham Harrell is making like $800k at Purdue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Is this the young guy that?s coaching QBs? Honestly I was telling someone the other day that two guys I?d like to watch in the future to potentially seek out are UT?s QB coach and Drew Hollingshead.
    Heup promoted his QB coach to OC. Guy is also a former OU QB and has been with Heup awhile now
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Me either. The last people I would be talking to right now are 247 or press people. Just conduct your search.
    This is part of our problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    What does SDSU run?
    Their passing is verts and mesh concepts. They run a lot of exotic alignments but with power run, double TE, fullbacks, etc.

vCash
    I could easily get behind Johns as the choice
    I think I like that choice too at the moment. Seems his offenses have been good in quite a few places and enough experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Heup promoted his QB coach to OC. Guy is also a former OU QB and has been with Heup awhile now
    That?s right that?s right. He is someone to watch. What he has done with Hendon Hooker has been impressive. Even watching Milton in the bowl game
    was impressive; that was not the Milton of Michigan playing.

vCash
    I think we just found the answer, BSD. Lets trademark it...I'll DM you the details.
    vote on transfers cost $1K. etc. We might suck, but will have the players!

vCash
    Their passing is verts and mesh concepts. They run a lot of exotic alignments but with power run, double TE, fullbacks, etc.
    Gotcha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    vote on transfers cost $1K. etc. We might suck, but will have the players!
    We'll only suck for a few years, then we'll buy us a team and be rolling

vCash
    Yeah they kinda mirror ndsu. Head coach been there 24 years and it's always them and ndsu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's a guy I'd like us to kick the tires on, Willy Korn. Young guy with some aggressive offenses at Coastal Carolina. Just hired as Liberty oc but he's a young up and coming oc and qb coach
    I'd rather us take a chance on a guy like him than some of the other names mentioned. Young, hungry, and the potential to be good beats old, mediocre, and you know what their ceiling is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I think I like that choice too at the moment. Seems his offenses have been good in quite a few places and enough experience.
    Yeah he's not flashy, but on paper he seems to be a solid hire with a great resume and plenty of experience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'd rather us take a chance on a guy like him than some of the other names mentioned. Young, hungry, and the potential to be good beats old, mediocre, and you know what their ceiling is.
    Amen