Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Of that list I would go with Dawson. I doubt Arnett calls for my advice tho.
    I don't understand the about face. Going to swing for the fence with Briles (totally set up by sexton) but cant reach out to Arbuckle because he just was hired at WSU? What? TAMU hired Petrino from UNLV 1 month after he was hired there.

Don't tell me we can not do better than Bobo, Whimple...etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Then who do you suggest that is realistic? We're all throwing names out here and no name is stupid. Hell I put Art Briles in a category by himself.
    Ah Steve, he still believes Alex Adams is the next coming of Jerry Rice and if Joe were our OC, Alex would transfer in and just show us how good those Pike County boys are!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    And you are biggest dumbass on this message board, which is saying something. Have your not actually check the stats on Miller?s offenses he led?

And let?s address your comment of on what other teams are paying their coaches:

Bama and A&M- HA. We don?t have a bank roll like either of them. We have some wealthy individuals but they have groups of twenty of them. Also look at their enrollment compared to ours. Means more future wealthy alumni.

Auburn-Well Tim Cook, Bobby Lowder, and Jimmy are loaded. They are now all in on what it takes.

OM-Overpaying $9MM for a good play caller that wants out. I?m glad they?ve committed that much because it?s taking up funds from other sports and their NIL.

Glad we figured out we could divert to get good assistants and use other funds to go get good players. As CZA says, players make the scheme. This just further proves my point-you are the biggest DA on this board, which in fact, is saying something.

If you think Mason miller will be better than Mike leach was, you sir are the biggest dumbass on this board.

vCash
    First 3 are probably Sexton guys and he?s trying to get them paid. I went from excited as hell at 5:00 today to now IDGAF. But if we hire any of the first 3, we are fu$&ed.

vCash
    You don?t think the same people who were ?advising? on Bumphis aren?t advising on this?

Dawson makes the most sense. He was at USM with Jay..
    Was at USM with Jay, NMSU with Mumme, and WVU and Houston with Dana. Also played at Millsaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    If you think Mason miller will be better than Mike leach was, you sir are the biggest dumbass on this board.
    Please tell me where I said he would be better. I will wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    This is what is being said is a partial list:

1- Mark Whipple.
    2- Mike Bobo
    3- Jim Chaney
    4- Chris Hatcher
    5- Shannon Dawson

Hoping Arnett is not in over his head. Want him to be the man, but Bo figgin Bo?? Really? Whipple?
    I knew people were going to melt, but shi* this list will do it! KB made our nuts shrivel up to raisins!!!

vCash
    If we're throwing shit against the wall, what's the story on Josh Henson at USC? Making $750k and has spent a year as OC under Riley and was at A&M and Oklahoma State prior.

I admittedly know absolutely nothing about the guy, but if we want a high flying modified Air Raid offense, USC has it.

I know Riley is the real OC, but obviously he is decent or those programs don't hire him, right? $750k seems like a bargain
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-05-2023 at 10:42 PM.

vCash
    Please tell me where I said he would be better. I will wait.
    So you are saying that he?s worse than leach?

So you are saying we should expect a even worse offense next season?

vCash
    Aren?t we trying to improve the offense which has been the biggest problem with the team since Dan Mullen left ?

vCash
    Was at USM with Jay, NMSU with Mumme, and WVU and Houston with Dana. Also played at Millsaps.
    Yeah but fired at Kentucky and USM offenses were not exactly lighting CUSA on fire.

vCash

Where did anyone say Mason Miller would be better than Mike Leach, THE INVENTOR OF THE 17 OFFENSE. I don't think Bank said that. Now again, if you think Mason is such a bad hire, who would you hire? I'll add him to the board. There's no bad names worse than Whipple, Bobo, or Chaney. So don't be afraid to throw some out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Yeah but fired at Kentucky and USM offenses were not exactly lighting CUSA on fire.

And Hatcher was fired at Murray St. and Kevin Johns was fired at Indiana and Texas Tech. Perfect candidates don't exist at this point in the process.

vCash
    Andrew Sowder is still available. Better than Bobo and Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I knew people were going to melt, but shi* this list will do it! KB made our nuts shrivel up to raisins!!!
    I honestly can't see a young energetic guy like Arnett wanting to hire some of the old relics on that list. I'd be shocked if he hired whipple, chaney or bobo, but heck with what happened today who knows. Zach's honeymoon will be over quick if he hires one of those 3, and admittedly that was just a pretty much thrown together list by Steve.

vCash
    I'd rather let fans send in plays live during the game than hire Mike Bobo. Just pass around the Madden controller through the stands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd rather let fans send in plays live during the game than hire Mike Bobo. Just pass around the Madden controller through the stands
    I can't give you anymore rep!

vCash
    I love how we went from "CZA aint playing" to "I want to fire Arnett"

I am willing to bet he makes a solid hire. It may not be the flashiest, but I trust that he will make a good hire. If it ends up being Chaney or Bobo, then sure. You guys will be right. I just don't think that happens at all.

vCash
    Aren?t we trying to improve the offense which has been the biggest problem with the team since Dan Mullen left ?
    Ok.....so who would you hire? You've yet to answer the question.

vCash
    Then who do you suggest that is realistic? We're all throwing names out here and no name is stupid. Hell I put Art Briles in a category by himself.
    Just throwing a name out there. Major Applewhite. At So Alabama now as OC. Lots of experience.