vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    This is what is being said is a partial list:

1- Mark Whipple.
    2- Mike Bobo
    3- Jim Chaney
    4- Chris Hatcher
    5- Shannon Dawson

Hoping Arnett is not in over his head. Want him to be the man, but Bo figgin Bo?? Really? Whipple?
    If we hire Mike Bobo I'm going to break shit

vCash

1- Mark Whipple.
    2- Mike Bobo
    3- Jim Chaney
    4- Chris Hatcher
    5- Shannon Dawson

Hoping Arnett is not in over his head. Want him to be the man, but Bo figgin Bo?? Really? Whipple?
    Yeah that's not a good list. Hatcher is probably the best one of the bunch. Whipple had 1 outstanding year at Pitt but the QB wasn't bad either. Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Didn't Georgia fans once say "Bobo has to go go?"
    YES! This is crazzy talk! Noway. Mark Whipple? Mark John Whipple is an American football coach, who most recently served as offensive coordinator at Nebraska in 2022.

Chaney?

vCash

1- Mark Whipple.
    2- Mike Bobo
    3- Jim Chaney
    4- Chris Hatcher
    5- Shannon Dawson

The first three shouldn't be on anyone's list. Oh well.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    We can't get Kittley but what about the guys that replaced him?

I know he just took the WSU OC job but would Arbuckle listen to us?

What about Bryan Ellis at Georgia Southern? Was co-offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky with Kittley. In year 1 he has Georgia Southern in the top 20 offenses in the nation. 1 spot ahead of Kittley and Texas Tech. The number 4 passing team in the nation.
    I can not be convinced that we can not hire arbuckle, Dawson, Hatcher, or many others when we are offering Briles that much and massive control!

Either our HC is in over his head, or nuts. Want to talk about empty seats in the stands. Hire Bobo. Chaney. WHIPPLE!!!

vCash
    It made me physically ill having to look up credentials on Bobo, Whipple, and Chaney. If that's the direction that we are going then we are moving as far away from the Air Raid as humanly possible. We'll be back to 3 yds and punt with Chaney and Bobo. Hatcher and Dawson at least give me a little hope.

If anyone had any amazing offenses in their NCAA dynasties I'll be more than happy to add you to the list as well. Your resume will look a lot better than those 3.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-05-2023 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Idk why so many people on here are against paying top dollar for a proven OC

Ole miss is paying 9 million for a head coach
    LSU 9.5
    A&M 9
    Alabama 12 or so
    Auburn 6.5

Etc etc

We have a first time head coach that we promoted that we are giving him a chance that he would not have had anywhere else to be a sec head coach

We are paying him 3 million

If we are going to compete we are going to have to get him some help by bringing in a proven OC that can handle the offense , you will have to pay 2 million or above to get that and that would be fine because Zach will earn his money as a head coach if he does good he will be given annual raises

Even then that does not come anywhere near 9 million

I?m tired of the poor ole Mississippi state mindset

I like Zach and think he?s going to do great but shit.

Also anyone that thinks promoting Mason miller to OC is mentally retarded.

If Mike leach , who has called plays for 30+ years and had been a head coach for over 20 , couldn?t get this offense to scoring points on good sec defenses.

What the hell do you think his Offensive Line coach would do?

Give me a break.

$2 million should be the max and for the right OC but $2.5 million is unreal. Doesn't matter if you have the money or not. Is any OC better than Monken? Because he doesn't make $2.5 million . Close but not there.

vCash
    If I was AD and Arnett walked in and said "I want to hire Bobo, Whipple, or Chaney", my response would be...."then I want to fire you".

Oh yeah, we don't have an AD.

This is turning into a shit sandwich quick

vCash
    I'm ready to fire Arnett if that list is legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Get Hatcher now then.
    Yeah he's the best name on that list and has an impressive record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It made me physically ill having to look up credentials on Bobo, Whipple, and Chaney. If that's the direction that we are going then we are moving as far away from the Air Raid as humanly possible. We'll be back to 3 yds and punt with Chaney and Bobo. Hatcher and Dawson at least give me a little hope.
    I was just go with Hatcher and call it a day. Dern!!! What a list. Hatcher is way above anybody on that list. I wonder why Johns isn't on it?
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-05-2023 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I was just go with Hatcher and call it a day. Dern!!! What a list. I wonder why Johns isn't on it?
    Yeah Johns to me is better than that list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm ready to fire Arnett if that list is legit.
    Steve did say that it's not an all inclusive list. People were asking him for names so he checked around and got some. And let me be perfectly honest, I'm going to bet a decent amount of money that Jimmy The Snake represents every one of those guys. I'd also bet you an equal amount that is who was feeding Rosebowl his info for Briles.

vCash
    Of that list I would go with Dawson. I doubt Arnett calls for my advice tho.

vCash

LSU 9.5
    A&M 9
    Alabama 12 or so
    Auburn 6.5

Etc etc

We have a first time head coach that we promoted that we are giving him a chance that he would not have had anywhere else to be a sec head coach

If we are going to compete we are going to have to get him some help by bringing in a proven OC that can handle the offense , you will have to pay 2 million or above to get that and that would be fine because Zach will earn his money as a head coach if he does good he will be given annual raises

If Mike leach , who has called plays for 30+ years and had been a head coach for over 20 , couldn?t get this offense to scoring points on good sec defenses.

Give me a break.
    And you are biggest dumbass on this message board, which is saying something. Have your not actually check the stats on Miller?s offenses he led?

And let?s address your comment of on what other teams are paying their coaches:

Bama and A&M- HA. We don?t have a bank roll like either of them. We have some wealthy individuals but they have groups of twenty of them. Also look at their enrollment compared to ours. Means more future wealthy alumni.

Auburn-Well Tim Cook, Bobby Lowder, and Jimmy are loaded. They are now all in on what it takes.

OM-Overpaying $9MM for a good play caller that wants out. I?m glad they?ve committed that much because it?s taking up funds from other sports and their NIL.

Glad we figured out we could divert to get good assistants and use other funds to go get good players. As CZA says, players make the scheme. This just further proves my point-you are the biggest DA on this board, which in fact, is saying something.

vCash
    I may be wrong- I just dont see any way Hatcher becomes an Asst after 22 years of being a HC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

If anyone had any amazing offenses in their NCAA dynasties I'll be more than happy to add you to the list as well. Your resume will look a lot better than those 3.
    I'm at a loss for words! WTH!

vCash
    Steve did say that it's not an all inclusive list. People were asking him for names so he checked around and got some. And let me be perfectly honest, I'm going to bet a decent amount of money that Jimmy The Snake represents every one of those guys. I'd also bet you an equal amount that is who was feeding Rosebowl his info for Briles.
    And I 100% believe our young HC got played by his own agent!

vCash

LSU 9.5
    A&M 9
    Alabama 12 or so
    Auburn 6.5

Etc etc

Give me a break.
    Then who do you suggest that is realistic? We're all throwing names out here and no name is stupid. Hell I put Art Briles in a category by himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If I was AD and Arnett walked in and said "I want to hire Bobo, Whipple, or Chaney", my response would be...."then I want to fire you".

Oh yeah, we don't have an AD.

This is turning into a shit sandwich quick
    You don?t think the same people who were ?advising? on Bumphis aren?t advising on this?

Dawson makes the most sense. He was at USM with Jay..