Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    who mentioned Briles name to Steve?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Rumor on another board is that the whole Bobo thing was a smoke screen to lure out a rat and it worked to perfection by Arnette and staff. Said Arnette was not happy the Briles stuff leaked like it did so early. Now that may have been Sexton, but someone else had a hand in it. There was true intrest in both parties. There is a reason Ol DreadyLocks has been so quiet today… Take it as you will…
    Right...LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Being a little too hard on Steve here.
    Also, ZA and every person in our admin knows if you tell Steve/Paul/ Robbie info then expect it to be leaked. That's the hole point of telling them.
    Yea but they did not want it leaked. They wanted to keep this one close to the vest, unfortunately with some of the people we now have on staff that will be almost impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea but they did not want it leaked. They wanted to keep this one close to the vest, unfortunately with some of the people we now have on staff that will be almost impossible.
    Well if they didn't want it leaked Then the Rat is the person who told it to Steve, not Steve.

vCash
    Also, ZA and every person in our admin knows if you tell Steve/Paul/ Robbie info then expect it to be leaked. That's the hole point of telling them.
    If it was any other beat guy, I'd agree with you on being too harsh... but Steve does nothing but find ways to use the university and his connections to fuel his own ego. His holier than thou attitude is a bit much for a 17'n beat writer.

vCash
    Well if they didn't want it leaked Then the Rat is the person who told it to Steve, not Steve.
    There's blame to go around on both sides. I do agree that the staff member, I won't out him on a public forum but I know who it is, shouldn't have told him anything but I also think Steve needs to know when to hold stuff and when to post it. He runs to GP every time someone gives him any kind of scoop and posts it like a look at me and what I found everyone tell me how awesome I am.

If the KB stuff taught him anything it should've taught him to shut the hell up when we're in negotiations with a coach.

vCash
    I think Meacham could be the hire. And I would be ok with that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I think Meacham could be the hire. And I would be ok with that one.
    No interest there at all. You guys need to stop listening to Rosey. He won't know much faster than the rest of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sure wish Steve would find him another gig and leave State alone.
    Can I get an Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No interest there at all. You guys need to stop listening to Rosey. He won't know much faster than the rest of us.
    Where did you get that there is no interest?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There's some interest. A lot more than there is in Kevin Johns or Chris Hatcher....of which there is none. In no way saying that will be hire, but both Meacham and Ricker are being looked at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sure wish Steve would find him another gig and leave State alone.
    I agree CC . What would be best for MSU athletics would be for him to find another gig or retire and Paul hopefully buy him out. I feel sorry for Paul having to put up with all that arrogance. And change the name to something like Bulldawg247 or maybe even Dawgsbite247. I know one member over there who has better sources than Steve does and he doesn't throw something on the wall to see if it will stick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I agree CC . What would be best for MSU athletics would be for him to find another gig or retire and Paul hopefully buy him out. I feel sorry for Paul having to put up with all that arrogance. And change the name to something like Bulldawg247 or maybe even Dawgsbite247. I know one member over there who has better sources than Steve does and he doesn't throw something on the wall to see if it will stick.
    100% agree there. I had hoped after the first book that Steve would step away from reporting and be an author full time. That would've allowed Paul to take over completely once Gene stepped away. Paul, although he gets into pissing matches with a few posters over there, is pretty professional and his info is usually pretty good.

vCash
    Yep and steve will leak info that they aren't suppose to at times abd leak even more info that isn't true.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 01-08-2023 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yep and steve will leak info that they aren't suppose to at times abd leak even more info that isn't true.
    Yeah like his fabricated list of candidates he put out there after Briles said no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah like his fabricated list of candidates he put out there after Briles said no.
    I think the crappiest thing he did was say there was going to be an assistant coach hired today and you should be able to connect the dots to see who the new OC is once the assistant coach is announced. He set the fire and then he let the members take it and run with it. No use embarrassing Bobo like that but I guess he doesn't care.

vCash
    100% agree there. I had hoped after the first book that Steve would step away from reporting and be an author full time. That would've allowed Paul to take over completely once Gene stepped away. Paul, although he gets into pissing matches with a few posters over there, is pretty professional and his info is usually pretty good.
    That was never going to happen because Gene promised Genespage to Steve long before they merged with 24/7.

vCash
    Steve is emotional, and he takes things personally. Those two things don’t tend to help someone in his line of work. He is a really, REALLY good writer, though. If he went into the book side of things, I think he’d be better off.

vCash
    When CML died Rosie was on 2-3 national CFB podcasts being interviewed about Leach. He always found a way to work in that he and Mike were authors and he had written several books. To me it's tacky, or as the kids say cringey, to hear him peddling his book in an interview about Leach.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    There's some interest. A lot more than there is in Kevin Johns or Chris Hatcher....of which there is none. In no way saying that will be hire, but both Meacham and Ricker are being looked at.
    Neither of those is being hired by Arnett, Neither. Anyone thinking that's the case is mistaken. We'd have to hire Co-OCs. One has never called plays and one was only successful with a Co OC.
    Arnett isn't stupid. He won't see them at the conference either. Neither are really QB guys, one is an OL guy which we don't need. There's just nothing there.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-08-2023 at 07:51 PM.