Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    So out of the top 25 on your list, 3 had good seasons. TCU Mich and uga
    Playoffs is the only measure of a good season? I would say there are many more "good seasons" on that list, but sure 3/4 of the playoff teams are on the list and both you'll see Monday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Ok lets address some stuff:

1) Friend was so "well respected" that post Auburn firing Memphis was all he could get. Auburn fans hated him. before that he was at TN and TN fans thought the OL was under performing their star rating (I live in TN country so know them well). Before that he was a bad OC at CSU, don't know how that OL did.
    `
    The fact is we just poached Memphis' OL coach after every P5 program passed on him this offseason.

2) Bumphis does not have the resume to deserve this job. I'm sorry, I hope he does great, but he just doesn't... Great college player, had a cup of coffee in the league, GA, WR coach for a few years an his unit did NOT impress, and the fans of that team are fine with him leaving.

The fact is we let Hollinghead walk for the above resume because Dawg. And I get it, I want bump to be a stud coach more than I'm pulling for any other assistant. But it's maroon colored glasses to say this isn't a downgrade.

3) Chaney and Bobo. Yeah I get it, "we aren't hiring either", but when Steve got his marching orders why were they even mentioned? WHo in this coaching search is thinking "Jim Chaney, tell the fans that's who were looking at so we can guage the reaction"? You have 2 reasons to leak a name- 1) is to distract from the real hire, 2) is to see if the fans are ok with the leaked name. Well there's no big hire coming so 1) isn't it. If it was 1) we'd have head smokescreens while the Briles stuff was going on, not now

This all reeks of cigar. There is no denying it.
    Friend is a good coach- period.
    Bump is replacing Spurrier- who was told he wasnt going to be retained
    Hollingshead was told he wasnt getting the OC job. So he started working the phones. He was not run off
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Friend is NOT a good hire, Auburn fans hated him. I love Bumphos and he may be great but his resume is weak as hell and Utah fans on Reddit don't mind him leaving. Peterson is a good hire

You cannot possibly disagree that these are Good Ole Boy hires, can you? Replace 2 good coaches with 2 guys with MS ties, and bring back a analyst that used to work here. Arnett has never met these people- the boosters have. Who is calling the shots here?

Even if you disagree that the boosters are running the show, why the hell is Bobos name brought up at all? Whether we hire him or not, the fact he's been names is a red flag for whoever is calling the shots.
    Reddit users are much more causal and not good gages.

If you went to Utah's 24/7 board you would have saw they were very upset he was losing and called it a big loss.

Bump is not a good ole boy hire, he is a great coach who happens to be an alum.

Also y'all overrate the hell out of Jr. because of his freaking last name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hollingshead was told he wasnt getting the OC job. So he started working the phones. He was not run off
    Is Friend going to coach the OLine? Maybe, maybe not, we will have TE spot to fill also. That was where Chuck had him.

vCash
    You're playing dumb. Friend failed at his last 2 jobs and the best job he could get pre us was Memphis. That is the FACT, "hes a good coach-Period" is your OPINION. My guess is you know Friend personally

And you know we could have moved Hollingshead to WR to replace Spurrier. Regarding Hollingshead leaving because he wasn't OC, I don't believe that. He's not going to get an OC job anywhere. He was pushed out

I call BS on Hollinghead rumor.

vCash
    Ok lets address some stuff:

1) Friend was so "well respected" that post Auburn firing Memphis was all he could get. Auburn fans hated him. before that he was at TN and TN fans thought the OL was under performing their star rating (I live in TN country so know them well). Before that he was a bad OC at CSU, don't know how that OL did.
    `
    The fact is we just poached Memphis' OL coach after every P5 program passed on him this offseason.

2) Bumphis does not have the resume to deserve this job. I'm sorry, I hope he does great, but he just doesn't... Great college player, had a cup of coffee in the league, GA, WR coach for a few years an his unit did NOT impress, and the fans of that team are fine with him leaving.

The fact is we let Hollinghead walk for the above resume because Dawg. And I get it, I want bump to be a stud coach more than I'm pulling for any other assistant. But it's maroon colored glasses to say this isn't a downgrade.

3) Chaney and Bobo. Yeah I get it, "we aren't hiring either", but when Steve got his marching orders why were they even mentioned? WHo in this coaching search is thinking "Jim Chaney, tell the fans that's who were looking at so we can guage the reaction"? You have 2 reasons to leak a name- 1) is to distract from the real hire, 2) is to see if the fans are ok with the leaked name. Well there's no big hire coming so 1) isn't it. If it was 1) we'd have head smokescreens while the Briles stuff was going on, not now

This all reeks of cigar. There is no denying it.
    Number 2 is not true. Again, the plugged in fans on their 24/7 board were all saying how sad it was he is leaving, how they would miss him, and that it is a huge loss.

Anybody who uses Reddit as their gauge of the fanbase's opinion is not worth arguing with. And I use R/CFB all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Is Friend going to coach the OLine? Maybe, maybe not, we will have TE spot to fill also. That was where Chuck had him.
    Well shit- if we keep Miller and Friend coaches TE's- we improved our offensive coaching staff from 2022

vCash
    You're playing dumb. Friend failed at his last 2 jobs and the best job he could get pre us was Memphis. That is the FACT, "hes a good coach-Period" is your OPINION. My guess is you know Friend personally

And you know we could have moved Hollingshead to WR to replace Spurrier. Regarding Hollingshead leaving because he wasn't OC, I don't believe that. He's not going to get an OC job anywhere. He was pushed out

Didn't he get an OC position today?

vCash
    I would be happy with him as TE coach, I'll give him that. Miller is a very good OL coach and if he's not the Ol coach next year we downgraded- that's my point in all this. Friend is a plus hire at TE coach, a minus hire at OL

vCash

Dude Hollinghead literally got announced as the Western Kentucky OC earlier today.

vCash
    Friend gonna have it easy as our TE coach haha

vCash

Holy shit moron. Are you not aware Hollingshead is the new OC at Western Kentucky? Why would he stay at State when he could be the OC at WK?
    Friend is a good coach. Many others have this same opinion.

Wow- our fans are going full rahtard

vCash

It's no rumor on Hollingshead. He was fielding opportunities the previous weeks. He was up front about it and we were up front about what we were doing. He didn't "get fired" and land upward to an OC job in Division 1. They had already been in discussions prior to the bowl game.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Miller is a former rb and has coach rb. Or you could do like Mullen and have a t & te coach and interior ol coach

vCash
    Well shit- if we keep Miller and Friend coaches TE's- we improved our offensive coaching staff from 2022
    Absolutely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Miller is a former rb and has coach rb. Or you could do like Mullen and have a t & te coach and interior ol coach
    Great points

vCash
    Holy shit moron. Are you not aware Hollingshead is the new OC at Western Kentucky? Why would he stay at State when he could be the OC at WK?
    Friend is a good coach. Many others have this same opinion.

Wow- our fans are going full rahtard
    Ok fine i'm wrong on Hollingshead. But if Friend is the OL coach that's a massive downgrade. You cannot claim he's a good coach when he was fired at his last 2 jobs and landed at Memphis

vCash
    Now that sounds like a plan.

vCash
    Ok fine i'm wrong on Hollingshead. But if Friend is the OL coach that's a massive downgrade. You cannot claim he's a good coach when he was fired at his last 2 jobs and landed at Memphis
    Why did Friend lose his job at Tennessee? HC was fired due to NCAA violations
    Why did Friend lose his job at Auburn? HC lost his job and then Friend made them better when he took over as OC

vCash
    Why did Friend lose his job at Tennessee? HC was fired due to NCAA violations
    Why did Friend lose his job at Auburn? HC lost his job and then Friend made them better when he took over as OC
    I mean he ran a really good offense against us on short prep