Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As good for sure. Friend was a really good OL player in college and is well thought of. Our OL will continue to be coached well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Friend has tons of contacts around Miss and Bama. I'm sure in other places as well.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Friend is NOT a good hire, Auburn fans hated him. I love Bumphos and he may be great but his resume is weak as hell and Utah fans on Reddit don't mind him leaving. Peterson is a good hire

You cannot possibly disagree that these are Good Ole Boy hires, can you? Replace 2 good coaches with 2 guys with MS ties, and bring back a analyst that used to work here. Arnett has never met these people- the boosters have. Who is calling the shots here?

Even if you disagree that the boosters are running the show, why the hell is Bobos name brought up at all? Whether we hire him or not, the fact he's been names is a red flag for whoever is calling the shots.
    Bobo isn't coming here. Believe what you want. You have your mind made up anyway. Don't even know why you care.

vCash
    Our recruiting footprint is shrinking on the offensive side. Arnett is all in on MS. Good luck with that. Get ready to pound the rock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Im not sure how some of you feel that this has been a train wreck? I mean, none of us are on the inside and really know how it?s going. We are getting reports from Steve, Paul, and those that think they know shit on here. We don?t know how this is really going down. Yet, some on here are throwing CZA under the bus and saying you?re ready to pull funding and this is a shit show. Y?all are some dumbasses.
    Great post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our recruiting footprint is shrinking on the offensive side. Arnett is all in on MS. Good luck with that. Get ready to pound the rock.
    Arnett is a Rocky Long disciple. For you that don't know Rocky was a longtime coach at New Mexico and San Diego St, and he was very successful. He also was known for having stout defenses, and little to no offense. The scores from 2019 SD State regular season which was the last year Arnett was DC there before coming here:
    6-0, 23-14, 31-10, 17-23, 24-10, 26-22, 27-17, 20-17, 13-17, 17-7, 11-14, 13-3. That's 19 PPG.
    Arnett played and coached for Long. Long is his mentor. This might be the style of play he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Arnett is a Rocky Long disciple. For you that don't know Rocky was a longtime coach at New Mexico and San Diego St, and he was very successful. He also was known for having stout defenses, and little to no offense. The scores from 2019 SD State regular season which was the last year Arnett was DC there before coming here:
    6-0, 23-14, 31-10, 17-23, 24-10, 26-22, 27-17, 20-17, 13-17, 17-7, 11-14, 13-3. That's 19 PPG.
    Arnett played and coached for Long. Long is his mentor. This might be the style of play he wants.
    Then he won?t be here very long all while that stadium gets empty and that NIL dries up. From there, the death spiral to permanent suckage begins

vCash
    Those are the marching orders. Better hope those ranked in the 247 Top 10 in MS start panning out but history over the last 10 years isn?t kind.

Notice several on here are happy about these type of hired because they?re getting access to information inside the locker room. This is a joke.

vCash
    Ok, that's all common knowledge. But we ain't beating anyone lining up and pounding the rock. I'm not questioning the 17ing defense. It's the offense everyone is worried about. Do you know the rebuild we're about to have if that's our plan? Massive
    We're set to win next year with a similar, but tweaked offense. Going all ground and pound is a nightmare scenario. Hoping Arnett changes his mind or he won't be here long.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-06-2023 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Bud I?m sorry but you don?t win anywhere no and days with just good defense. The days of the 1990 era teams are over with you. You better be able to put up points.

vCash

Please no...

vCash
    Here's the top 25 rushing offenses...

You can win games running the ball esp if you play defense

vCash
    I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that all this is just a smoke screen. Time is running out on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

And most of those in the top 10 CFP rankings will have really good OL (Michigan group won Joe Moore Award for second consecutive year) but also are really balance and can get vertical. TCU, UGA, Michigan, Ole Miss could,Arkansas, UCF. You are not winning games playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust, line up in the I and roll anymore.

vCash

Did you even look at that?
    Sorry 7, but that's bad.

vCash
    Did you even look at that?
    Sorry 7, but that's bad.
    7 NY6/playoff teams

And in our conference, OM and ark's problem was they couldn't defend. Offense wasn't the problem.

Oklahoma's D was #122 nationally
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-06-2023 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    So I guess this alleged change in offensive philosophy away from what we were told it was going to be is why Hatcher and Johns' names have seemed to have disappeared or maybe they have not ever been a part of the search. I used alleged because it has not been proven yet and hopefully it won't be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    So I guess this alleged change in offensive philosophy away from what we were told it was going to be is why Hatcher and Johns' name have seemed to have disappeared or maybe they have not ever been a part of the search. I used alleged because it has not been proven yet and hopefully it won't be.
    What's the new offensive philosophy?

vCash
    So out of the top 25 on your list, 3 had good seasons. TCU Mich and uga

vCash
    What's the new offensive philosophy?
    If we get away from the Modernized Air Raid Concept . If he was actually considering somebody like Bobo who has no clue of AR concept.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-06-2023 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    Ok lets address some stuff:

1) Friend was so "well respected" that post Auburn firing Memphis was all he could get. Auburn fans hated him. before that he was at TN and TN fans thought the OL was under performing their star rating (I live in TN country so know them well). Before that he was a bad OC at CSU, don't know how that OL did.
    `
    The fact is we just poached Memphis' OL coach after every P5 program passed on him this offseason.

2) Bumphis does not have the resume to deserve this job. I'm sorry, I hope he does great, but he just doesn't... Great college player, had a cup of coffee in the league, GA, WR coach for a few years an his unit did NOT impress, and the fans of that team are fine with him leaving.

The fact is we let Hollinghead walk for the above resume because Dawg. And I get it, I want bump to be a stud coach more than I'm pulling for any other assistant. But it's maroon colored glasses to say this isn't a downgrade.

3) Chaney and Bobo. Yeah I get it, "we aren't hiring either", but when Steve got his marching orders why were they even mentioned? WHo in this coaching search is thinking "Jim Chaney, tell the fans that's who were looking at so we can guage the reaction"? You have 2 reasons to leak a name- 1) is to distract from the real hire, 2) is to see if the fans are ok with the leaked name. Well there's no big hire coming so 1) isn't it. If it was 1) we'd have head smokescreens while the Briles stuff was going on, not now

This all reeks of cigar. There is no denying it.